Search results

1. ohboy

Ich bin Züruck (I'm Back)

Ich bin Züruck (I'm Back) I hope this is okay, but if not, then please, feel free to yell at me and lock the thread. :lol I do recall some older members doing this in the past, though. For those that are new, or don't know me, I'm ohboy, and this is the forum where that username makes sense...
  2. ohboy

Why We Still Love Quantum Leap

I'm sure that we've all seen numerous television shows in our lives. Some shows, we watch ten minutes in, and then change the channel. Other times, we'll watch a few episodes, and then lose interest. Even still, there are some shows that we may watch almost through or completely through, but...
  3. ohboy

Quantum Leap and a video game!

Hello all. I think I alluded to writing a short story about Quantum Leap. I finished the first part of it, and I wanted to get everyone's opinions about it. I was thinking of submitting it to the EarthBound website that I belong to, but I wanted to see what everyone here thought of it first...
  4. ohboy

Quantum Leap Leaving ION (Again)

Figured that I would tell this to people before the series finale, so that you can tape it or such if you can't watch it tonight. Quantum Leap is leaving ION on June 29, where M*A*S*H will take it's place, and E.R. will be bumpbed into the 5:00 timeframe. I got this from the ION Television...
  5. ohboy

My A.A. Degree!

Guess what everybody! Besides stealing Jassian's idea for a posting, I now have an A.A. Degree, having completed the ceremony tonight. Ironically, I got this only a few days before I would have joined Al's Place, my first forum, a year ago. I just wanted to share that with the forum...
  6. ohboy

Other Forums?

I'm just curious. Does anyone here own or maintain their own website and/or forum (not including Myspace type pages, but actual websites or forums like this one). I'm curious, because I some distant goal of mine in the future is maintain my own forum, and I wanted to sort of get input on...
  7. ohboy

A Funny Story About Global Trade

I don't usually share stories that I've heard, the last I did being a pair of news stories that I felt had to be shared. However, I heard something about the brand of mints called Altoids that I thought would also be a good chuckle, and is something I learned in a class. I also sort of wanted...
  8. ohboy

Happy (Belated) Easter

I'm surprised that nobody said anything, so I guess I'll be the first to hope that everybody had a wonderful Easter! Anybody have any egg-hunting? For me, Easter just constituted church.
  9. ohboy

Al's Wife Question

First off, sorry if this was asked before. There were 51 pages of previous Quantum Leap threads, and I didn't want to go through all of them. Sorry if the question sounded stupid, but I was watching it on ION a while back, and he was talking about his previous wives. Then the question came...
  10. ohboy

Two Ironic News Articles

I had to laugh at these two articles on the "Off Topic" of our local newspaper, the Record Searchlight. ========================================================== "Jewelry Robbers Fleeced as they Flee Milwaukee-- Two robbers leaving a Milwaukee jewelry store with cash and gems didn't get far...
  11. ohboy

Another Video Game Character

Hello all. After almost a year on this forum (only two more months before the middle of May :D), and I finally broke down and found another avatar that I liked. I was just wondering which one you all could better tolerate. :lol It's a bit small, but I think that the resolution is just high...
  12. ohboy

A Very Early Farewell

Sadly, I will not be able to make the convention, mainly due to financial and other reasons. However, I figured that I (and perhaps the others that aren't able to make it) would like to wish everyone a safe travel, and that everyone has lots of fun. Be sure to tell how the trip went, because I...
  13. ohboy

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm surprised that no one started this thread yet, so here it is. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving, rather it be at home with a huge family gathering, alone with just a few close friends and family, or out in front of the sidewalk at a major department store for Black Friday (I spent 18...
  14. ohboy

Round Robin Story B

Welcome to the next Round Robin. I enjoyed doing the first one so much that I thought I would start the second one up! Anyways, there are only two rules that I can think of. 1. Please make all story contributions in bold, and non-story conversation in normal text. 2. Please limit story...
  15. ohboy

Happy Halloween!

I was very surprised that no one put this up earlier, so this may be a bit belated, but I hope that everyone had a wonderful Halloween. If anyone saw or wore some especially interesting outfits, then I'd love to hear them. :alien
  16. ohboy

Which Theme Song is your Favorite?

Simply put, which is your favorite theme song. Season 1-4, or the remixed version in Season 5. At first, mine was the first one, but the second one just grew on me, and I really like the new, more upbeat one.
  17. ohboy

Happy Birthday Sam's Crow

I know it's a bit early, but in all honesty, with time differences, and such, better sooner than later! :sing Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Sam's Crow, Happy Birthday to you :sing Have a wonderful, sleep-filled year full of excitment, opportunities, and...
  18. ohboy

Video Game Thread

In another thread, which I believe was the one in which we got to know each other, a lot of people said that they like video games. Well, I figured that to keep that from going off topic, plus I love talking about video games I played, I'd start a thread and see just how far it would go about...
  19. ohboy

Al's Clothing

I remember a while back, I was playing around with the main site, and I came around to a link that was called "The Many Colors of Al", or something like that. It was screenshots of all of Al's interesting wardrobe sytles. I was wondering under which section that's under, because I forgot... I...
  20. ohboy

Pet Peeves

The topic today came up on pet peeves, and I was thinking that this may be a good topic to generate some discussion on. Basically, what are some things that get you irratated, annoyed, or just mad? I'll start. One thing I don't like is when men wear the slacks, jacket, and buttondown shirt...