Birthday pet?!?

systemcat

Project QL Intern
Ok I'm wondering if I should be freaked out over this. My dad is "sending me in the mail a PET for my birthday! He's sending a live animal through the mail! He won't tell me what this is but says I should HIDE IT FROM MY LANDLADY. Not a cat, dog, ferret, bunny, fish, bird, spider, snake, lizard, turtle, bug, rock, virtual or robot.

He says it has a shell and is not a hermit crab. Does not need a tank or cage. And it would freak some people out and they'd consider it a pest.

This is driving me nuts!! Could some one please if you have an idea what this could tell me? There's a VCA right up the street from me, I keep feeling I should pay them a visit to get advice and start a new file.

Oh ya and he said it could be found any where in the world.

systemcat said:
Ok I'm wondering if I should be freaked out over this. My dad is "sending me in the mail a PET for my birthday! He's sending a live animal through the mail! He won't tell me what this is but says I should HIDE IT FROM MY LANDLADY. Not a cat, dog, ferret, bunny, fish, bird, spider, snake, lizard, turtle, bug, rock, virtual or robot.

He says it has a shell and is not a hermit crab. Does not need a tank or cage. And it would freak some people out and they'd consider it a pest.

This is driving me nuts!! Could some one please if you have an idea what this could tell me? There's a VCA right up the street from me, I keep feeling I should pay them a visit to get advice and start a new file.

Sounds like a snail!

systemcat said:

A live animal through the mail.....Isnt that cruel, regardless of what animal it is?

A live animal through the mail.....Isnt that cruel, regardless of what animal it is?

I agree, although thank goodness being scared over that ended yesterday. I told my dad how much it scared me he was sending some poor animal through the mail from Maryland and he relived me of that fear. He said a care kit for the animal was being sent through the mail and that with the care kit I'd get a coupon for the animal to take to a pet store. ..Guys I've never heard of such a thing in my life.

Now even though there's no longer a fear this animal is going through the mail. I fear this pet might be some thing my cat will go after. She's the main reason the only other living thing in my apartment is a covered fish tank.

Well, if it's a snail, she'd probably not be interested in it. It wouldn't move fast enough to keep her attention.

(If you watch snails very closely, you can see that their eyes are like socks. They turn inside out and go inside their heads. 8))