Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community

Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask the Committee!
(http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   "And in the fan-fiction category, the winner is.... (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5422)

Sherdran 04-02-2009 11:41 PM

"And in the fan-fiction category, the winner is....

.....who?

EmmaCMF 04-03-2009 04:16 PM

1: The Thin Leap by Keely Flynn
2: No Greater Leap by Rick Chambers
3: Descent into Panic by Helen Earl

Runners up:
Stardust by Grey
Just Like Starting Over by Jacob LaCivita
Bourbon on the Rocks by Helen Earl
Tea with Tina by Karen Fisher
The Logical Leap by Sherri Washam
The Price by Grey
The Leap of Fame by Maret Johnson

These stories will be made available online as an e-zine, but it's going to be a few weeks as I'm taking some time off for post-convention crashing/getting my life back.

leaper1 04-03-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaCMF (Post 51512)
1: The Thin Leap by Keely Flynn
2: No Greater Leap by Rick Chambers
3: Descent into Panic by Helen Earl

Runners up:
Stardust by Grey
Just Like Starting Over by Jacob LaCivita
Bourbon on the Rocks by Helen Earl
Tea with Tina by Karen Fisher
The Logical Leap by Sherri Washam
The Price by Grey
The Leap of Fame by Maret Johnson

These stories will be made available online as an e-zine, but it's going to be a few weeks as I'm taking some time off for post-convention crashing/getting my life back.

Thanks for posting this, Em.

I look forward to reading them.

This previously modest writer has been bragging about her 3rd place to anyone and everyone. To think, I nearly hung up my keyboard through lack of confidence, and now... Now I'm 'an award-winning writer!' >VBG<
Thank you so much to the voting panel for shortlisting both my stories, and for placing "Descent" third.

rtc125 04-04-2009 08:44 PM

It's a real honor to be one of the top 3 (second place) in the fiction contest and to attend The Leap Back convention. My wife and I had a terrific time. Well done to everyone who was involved in making this happen!

I believe the original plan was to provide the top 3 in printed form to Scott Bakula, Don Bellisario and Deborah Pratt. Is that still going to happen?

ohboy 04-05-2009 01:11 AM

Congratulations to everyone who won. Is there any place that these stories could be read at (like on the website), because I think they would certainly be worth reading. :hurray:

EmmaCMF 04-05-2009 07:43 AM

Deb, Don and Scott got their printed copies in their convention bags.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to work on compiling the shortlisted entries into an ezine that will be downloadable from the site.

Snish 04-05-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaCMF (Post 51612)
Deb, Don and Scott got their printed copies in their convention bags.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to work on compiling the shortlisted entries into an ezine that will be downloadable from the site.

And if you had a dime for every time someone asked you that, you'd be rich, right? I know because I've asked you too.

EmmaCMF 04-05-2009 03:33 PM

You got it! ;)

It's going to take me a while to get it all pulled together, so I ask you all to be patient with me, please.

rtc125 04-05-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaCMF (Post 51627)
It's going to take me a while to get it all pulled together, so I ask you all to be patient with me, please.

No worries, Emma. Thanks for all you do!

jassian 04-10-2009 04:10 AM

Congratulations to everyone from me too.
:hurray::hurray::cheers:hurray::hurray:

I can't believe you're doubting your writing Helen, you rock!
Do you finally believe it? :b

8)

leaper1 04-10-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassian (Post 51827)
Congratulations to everyone from me too.
:hurray::hurray::cheers:hurray::hurray:

I can't believe you're doubting your writing Helen, you rock!
Do you finally believe it? :b

8)

Thanks, Jass. I think I'm starting to!

jassian 04-10-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaper1 (Post 51828)
Thanks, Jass. I think I'm starting to!

:sing:hurray:8):D

That's better. :)

SherWash 04-22-2009 01:36 PM

Congratulations to all the winners! And many thanks to those who judged. Not being the "joiner" type, I just discovered the results here on the forum. This was the first time I had the guts to send one of my stories to strangers to be judged - so I think 8th isn't bad for a first try. I was unable to attend the convention, so my story was my way of participating - hope you all like it. I know I'm really looking forward to reading the other 8!

leaper1 04-23-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherWash (Post 52211)
Congratulations to all the winners! And many thanks to those who judged. Not being the "joiner" type, I just discovered the results here on the forum. This was the first time I had the guts to send one of my stories to strangers to be judged - so I think 8th isn't bad for a first try. I was unable to attend the convention, so my story was my way of participating - hope you all like it. I know I'm really looking forward to reading the other 8!

Congratulations - 8th place is wonderful for a first outing! I hope this will encourage you to write - and post - more. I know how you felt, it is like letting your children leave home putting your work out there, isn't it?

I'm certainly looking forward to reading your story - and the others too! Hope real life lets Emma get to it sooner rather than later!

At work, they want me to print mine out once they are published online and put an autographed copy in the school library! How's that for fame? :lol

rtc125 04-30-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaper1 (Post 52239)
I'm certainly looking forward to reading your story - and the others too! Hope real life lets Emma get to it sooner rather than later!

If I know Emma, she's on top of this and we'll all be exceptionally pleased with her hard work. Very much looking forward to seeing the final product and reading all the stories!

alsplacebartender 05-01-2009 11:20 PM

The top three stories are now available! Find them by clicking on a link on the events page in the fan fiction contest section. :)

http://www.leapback2009.com/events.h...tion%20Contest

leaper1 05-02-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsplacebartender (Post 52508)
The top three stories are now available! Find them by clicking on a link on the events page in the fan fiction contest section. :)

A huge 'Thank you' to the committee for getting these up!
I know what I'll be doing this evening!
Better check the ink levels in my printer.

rtc125 05-02-2009 07:42 PM

Excellent news ... and excellent work! :hurray:

leaper1 06-01-2009 04:10 PM

15 minutes of fame

Well, as if coming third wasn't enough - I made the news!
Okay, so it was only the local rag, but still...

Typical journos, they didn't get it 100% right, but it was close

http://www.bedsonsunday.com/bedsonsu....asp?id=419618

alsplacebartender 06-01-2009 04:44 PM

Oh that's wonderful!!

ohboy 06-01-2009 05:30 PM

So that's where the new avatar comes from, eh? Congratulations, leaper1!

laurence 06-02-2009 12:49 AM

:hurray: Congrats!!!!!!! :cheers

Sherdran 06-02-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsplacebartender (Post 52508)

*sigh* :disbelief I work with Adobe every day at my job, but after downloading the file (and even just trying to open it) I get the message that it can't be opened because the file is damaged or corrupted. :cry

In a word...help!

ris768 06-02-2009 07:44 AM

That is sooo cool Helen, congratulations.

alsplacebartender 06-02-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherdran (Post 53307)
*sigh* :disbelief I work with Adobe every day at my job, but after downloading the file (and even just trying to open it) I get the message that it can't be opened because the file is damaged or corrupted. :cry

In a word...help!

I just tried it, but works fine for me. Must be something with your computer. Try downloading the adobe installer again, then redownload the stories.