80's TV Show Trivia Challenge

DeadZoneLeaper

Project QL Intern
Jan 17, 2004
Danville, PA
OK, here's something that might be fun to do...Pick an 80's show (game show, prime time, cartoon show, whatever you like) and give a brief description, include just enough to help people guess (actors, plot, genre, etc.)...
Please, no cheating by looking up stuff...:b

I'll start...Whoever gets it right gets to post the next question

#1 - Sci-fi show with Courtney Cox and Dean Paul Martin about young people with mutant special powers...One guy could shrink very small, one person could harness electricity, and one had telekinetic abilities...

?????

Okay......

Gifted students and their teacher learn lessons about more than just books in this series featuring Robin Givens and Khrystyne Haje.

Re: In Answer.

You know...

I knew that too! It was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't put two and two together... Dang brain must be magnafoozled... :rolleyes

Re: In Answer.

The Rod is correct!! And also up to post the next question. :)

Re: Yup

NEXT QUESTION:

A sit-com about a bunch of waitresses in a restauarant in a tall building. It had an obnoxious lounge piano player named Sonny and the show starred Ann Jillian.

Which show is it???

Re: Yup

Okay, I totally cheated to get the answer for this one as I couldn't come up with anything, so I'm gonna give someone else a chance to answer.

AHA! Finally, one I think I know...

Is it Empty Nest, by chance?

Damon (wondering if he'll be able to come up with a show for the next round...)

Yay! My turn! :hurray

(This might be too easy, but here goes...)

This children's show featured a group of colorful creatures who lived underground and spent their days singing and having fun.

Wow, already, huh? :b

Yup, Fraggle Rock is correct! (I'll have to try to make it harder next time... ;) )

And now I have the Fraggle Rock theme song stuck in my head! Not that I'm complaining mind you. ;)

My turn!!!!..Hmmm...OK...

Sci/Fi cop show starring Desi Arnez, Jr. as a detective with a computer-generated partner...This "Tron" look-alike character had a computer-generated car that went really fast...Show aired in early 80's...What is it?

Tron-like computer-generated partner? Taking an educated guess here...

Max Headroom?

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure...