Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community

Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quantum Leap on DVD, Streaming, and Blu-ray (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Season 5 DVD issues (http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6168)

QuantumLeaper1989 01-29-2012 12:22 AM

Season 5 DVD issues
 
recently i tried watching season 5 (region 1) on dvd, but both sides discs 2, & 3 didn't work at all in my pc or dvd players which are fairly new. Disc 1 worked but it couldn't get past episode 1 side A or on Side B. Is this a know issue with Season 5 or did i just get a defective copy? Please help me bcause i don't wanna buy another copy and have it be defective too. Also my dvd player had so much trouble reading disc 1 side A & B it actually created scratches

Lightning McQueenie 02-03-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuantumLeaper1989 (Post 58985)
recently i tried watching season 5 (region 1) on dvd, but both sides discs 2, & 3 didn't work at all in my pc or dvd players which are fairly new. Disc 1 worked but it couldn't get past episode 1 side A or on Side B. Is this a know issue with Season 5 or did i just get a defective copy? Please help me bcause i don't wanna buy another copy and have it be defective too. Also my dvd player had so much trouble reading disc 1 side A & B it actually created scratches

You should probably return the DVD and get another copy.

Interesting that your DVDs are double-sided, in Australia ours are all single-sided...

QuantumLeaper1989 02-03-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie (Post 59010)
You should probably return the DVD and get another copy.

Interesting that your DVDs are double-sided, in Australia ours are all single-sided...

too late i can't had it for too long

Trinity 02-04-2012 03:58 AM

Some of them in the US (depending on where you get them from) are double sided, but I'm not a super technical person. (I'm more like Al in that area :P ) :lol

QuantumLeaper1989 02-04-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 59012)
Some of them in the US (depending on where you get them from) are double sided, but I'm not a super technical person. (I'm more like Al in that area :P ) :lol

are you saying not all were double sided?

Trinity 02-06-2012 03:02 AM

I think it depends on the company that made the DVDs. I borrowed some from the library here, and some were in a different case. The ones I borrowed that were in individual cases weren't double sided.

QuantumLeaper1989 02-10-2012 02:32 PM

Good News All I Got A Working Copy Of Season 5 :d

Trinity 02-13-2012 03:12 PM

Good! That's great! Hope you enjoy it :D

Sam Beckett Fan 08-11-2013 10:06 PM

Have you tried an alternate program for playing the DVD?
How old is the computer in question?
Do they play fine on a television?

The problem could be your CD/DVD drive, my 5 year old Acer has trouble reading DVD discs as well. My Being Human US box sets last I tried were the only discs it would accept at all, and even then it takes a few tries. Others I attempted were not read at all.

Or possibly the program you are using is defective. When I attempted to play the same box set of Being Human on the widely praised program VLC, I could get it to the episode menu before it would freeze up so that I could not select an episode. They however play perfectly on Window's Media Center once I get it to read them.

So don't be so quick to rule the DVDs as the problem, though I can see this post is quite late. Thought I'd still add my two cents for future reference.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2016 Al's Place Quantum Leap Fan Site | 4.8.15.16.23.42