View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:38 AM   #20
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedana
I really like this episode, too, although the actress who plays the prostitute was really, really terrible. It has two of my favorite exchanges, though - not that the lines are memorable, but the way they're delivered is just wonderful.

When the mother (who is one of my favorite characters) is dressing Becky to go out of the house, the little girl asks if Sam/Leon is going to kill her. The mom pauses, smiles this beautiful smile, and says (not even trying to answer the question), "Have I ever told you how pretty you are?" I've found that I use that a lot to change the subject - when the kids ask me something that's too painful to explain or answer (usually while listening to or watching the news): Have I ever told you how smart/handsome/pretty you are?

The second is just before Sam leaps. He's cuffed (which we know from previous episodes really bothers him) and being led away. He stops and leans back toward the woman and kind of mutters, "I'm ready to go now." Just the way he delivers that line is so deep and it obviously has so many meanings.
I agree with you completely. I also love the deepness and intenseness of all three lives depending on Sam revealing his true identity, and Gooshi's line as I said above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Observer
My question is, how did Al get the dart gun? Or did he carry both, and we missed him loading and holstering that one? And if he carried both, why did he use the Glock, if Stiles had to be brought back alive?
He probably carried both, as for why he had the Glock, I would say to scare him, or take him down so that he could no longer run. There are places a person can take a bullet without dying like for example where Sam was shot in Leap Between the States. And Al being an admiral is expirenced enough with a gun to make sure he didn't get a lethal area.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote