View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #10
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoniz
Sodium Pentathol, the drug Sam was given, has erroneously been called a truth serum. It doesn't necessarily make the person who's received it tell the truth. It's barbituate properties suppress the higher cortical funtions. Psychiatrists theorize that lying is more complex than telling the truth which is why someone who's been given Sodium Pentathol is more likely to tell the truth. I'd hypothesize in Sam's case, remembering that he's in Massachusetts and it's 1966 just took more work than simply saying he was in New Mexico in 1999.

In addition to its use as a "truth serum", Sondium Pentathol is also used as anasthesia, to create a medically induced coma, and lethal injection.
Once again you have made everything clear to me now Julia. Thank you. Very interesting how the drug actually works, I never consitered that but it makes more sense that way otherwise its like a fictional potion or something.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote