View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #14
Donofrio_QLTD
Control Room Technician

This was an episode that kind of scared me (for lack of a better word) the first time I saw it when I was a teenager. I don't know why, exactly, but it did at the time. After watching it over and over again throughout the years, I may say the reason could be the atmosphere that was masterfully put together in the episode. The sadness, the human darkness, the hoplessness, and the way they were all crafted with an ambience of seriousness, intensity and suspense, even when there were a few little funny moments.

The music was great here, and it helped a lot. In my opinion, Velton Ray Bunch always made the best scores for Quantum Leap. Love Mike Post, too, but it was simply different. Velton's score suited these series better.

Loved the message on faith itself and on hope even when everything may seem so lost and so dark. Loved father Mack. He was one of my favorite characters from QL.

My rating: Excellent. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it. Very well-written from start to finish.