View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #30
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
This is an excellent catch. She could have just told the police that she'd maybe dropped an earring into the well and when she'd gazed in to see where it went there was Violet. Though that's not believable and you are probably right that her so called "cursed" past probably wouldn't allow her to get away with something like that. Not only because the police probably wouldn't buy her cover story but Lita Aider would've just accused her of covering for Abigail, in fact I am willing to bet the Beckett farm (haha) that had she been standing in that courtroom these 25 years later that's exactly what she would have done.
Also wasn't it implied somewhere that Clayton told her to keep her mouth shut? Isn't that why he put her in the institution?
That is an interesting theory, that Laura had told Clayton, but I don't think it can be right, because if that was the case, then Sam originally wouldn't have leapt into Clayton. He'd have leapt into someone else, say Marie, and tried to stop Clayton and Abigail from perishing in the fire while still trying to find out what happened, as Clayton would be able to tell him.

Then again, Al could have just asked Clayton in the Waiting Room...

Quote:
With this I disagree. Were you paying attention to that drop? I doubt anyone could survive that but especially a child as I believe their skulls aren't as hard as an adult's.
In addition I believe her head was shown to have been bent into a unnatural position, suggesting that the impact broke her neck which is entirely plausible.

If however you were right and Laura had left Violet down there when she could have been saved that just adds on to the Manslaughter charge I suggest in my first post.
I'm just thinking in terms of what I would do in that situation. There's no way I wouldn't try to help a girl who'd just fallen down a well.

But you're right, she probably did die instantly. There's no way anyone could know that for sure though, even if you could sort of see her from the top. It would be too dark and too far to make a correct judgement...

Quote:
See that's a problem for me as well and relates to my mention of how we never learn her theory. The fact that it ended with her being implied as the key to bringing Sam home and then they never went anywhere further with her. That seemed sloppy and makes the Mirror Image ending that much more of a let down regardless of the fact that it was ended with a grain of salt to leave it open for a sixth season. Honestly though the concept I was told they had in mind wasn't all that appealing IMO and did not really involve Sam. It was Al becoming a leaper in search of Sam who's aura never returned to the waiting room after Mirror Image with Sammy Jo as his observer. As much as I would have liked to see more of Al as a leaper you can't have either him or Sam without the other. You just can't.
But it was just a theory. They would need to test it, and it would probably have gone wrong, just as Sam's had gone wrong.

Having said that though, I think that it was only planned for the FIRST episode of Season 6 to have Al try to find Sam. I think he would have found Sam and they would have done something to have the project stay in contact with him again. In fact, it's quite possible that Sammy Jo's theory might bring Al home so that he can be Sam's hologram again.

Interestingly, we know that the evil leaper project is able to retrieve their leaper within 48 hours (as long as they complete their mission). Maybe this was Sammy Jo's theory, and they had utilised or refined it