View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #60
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75 View Post
I know Alia was supposedly evil and was out to counter Sam's actions but do you think that Alia genuinely has feelings for Sam or was the whole thing set up from the beginning?
I think the feelings were genuine, we can tell because Sam gets through to her with the "you felt it too" comment at the end...

Quote:
Why was Zoe surprised to learn about Sam? If the Evil Leaper Project was created as a reaction to PQL, then Zoe should have known Sam was there. She did seem genuinely surprised.
Zoe may have known of Sam's theories, but that doesn't mean she would necessarily know that he was leaping around in time too.

Quote:
If Alia and Sam could see each other, why couldn't they see each others' holograms. When Zoe is trying to get Alia to shoot Sam, Sam says "don't listen to her" as if he could hear Zoe.
Sam and Alia touching was enough to break through the auras surrounding them so they could see each other, but each hologram is only tuned into each leaper's brainwaves. There would need to be a brainwave connection (not just breaking through an aura) to be able to see the other hologram.

And before you ask, in Revenge of the Evil Leaper, Alia can see Thames because Zoe is linked to both Alia's and Thames' brainwaves.

Quote:
Well yes but assuming that Sam leaped in directly to counter Alia, the leap should never have happened in the first place, but we have to assume that Alia's refusal to shoot Sam didn't erase the previous two days, so that's still confusing.
I don't understand what you mean here. Sam did leap in to directly counter Alia - if the leap "never happened" how could he have countered Alia?

Quote:
Interesting idea. My theory about the origins of the Evil PQL may have something to do with the extra handlink left behind in "Leap Back". Of course if the whole idea was to counter Project Quantum Leap, why did Zoe not know about Sam before that leap? Maybe Lothos knew but kept it secret.
Again, we don't have any confirmation that Zoe was actually involved in the creation of their project, only that she ended up being the hologram (although she was originally going to be the leaper but suggested Alia as a favour).

Quote:
I think that it's something Connie had been doing. Lothos could have known this and convinced Alia to do this as to not arouse suspicion. Besides, if Alia's objective was to wreck the marriage, then how would teaching Jimmy to read accomplish that?
Even though I think Connie was teaching Jimmy to read even before Alia's arrival, I think Alia was taking it to another level on purpose, so that all the attention she is placing on Jimmy would Frank would feel neglected...