View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #28
Dman176
Waiting Room Visitor

Well, I received the blu-ray set for Christmas. I will likely be watching through the entire series with my wife again gradually over the next couple of months, and I'll be happy to point out any glaring inconsistencies I notice as we go. Although based on what I've heard and read so far, it seems like everything is relatively intact for the most part (with some exceptions sometimes). We went through a complete series run maybe a year ago with my DVD sets, and we had to purchase "M.I.A." and both parts of "The Leap Home" on Amazon just because we refused to watch those episodes with the licensed music cut out.

That being said, right off the bat, the menu screens are definitely bare-bones. Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but there is no subtitle feature! This, to me, is a head-scratcher. Nowadays, anytime my wife and I watch anything on Netflix or Amazon or whatever, we almost always use subtitles just to make sure we know what the actors are saying. (Hey, I'm now in my forties, my hearing is not what it used to be.) I've gotten so used to that feature, I can't fathom why it's not available here!

But here's the big thing I'll mention: I noticed that for Season 5, it listed "Lee Harvey Oswald" as Part 1 and Part 2. That immediately got me a bit concerned, so out of curiosity, I popped it in and checked it out. Sadly, it's split into 2 parts, instead of the full version as it was originally shown. I understand that when double-length episodes get repeated, they are usually split, but even the Universal DVD set kept this intact. What makes it even worse is that it is the "syndicut" version. The entire speech the Russian tells to Sam about the severe punishments that were inflicted upon him when he was younger by his father and how despite that, he still loved him; after which Oswald takes over and Sam begins to spill everything. That entire segment is cut short as it is in the syndicated versions. That is a huge disappointment to me. I really hope none of the other episodes are cut like that.

Damon

~Sometimes "That's the way it is" is the best explanation.
Dman176 is offline   Reply With Quote