We're back!

feldon30

Forum Technician
Jul 13, 2005
SC
Brian's at work, so I'm just posting a little blurb so you know what's going on.

As I'm sure most of you noticed, we moved to a new server a couple of weeks ago. It was very frustrating for me to have the forums and website down for nearly a week (I consider 1 day of downtime to be a long time), but we stuck with it and worked hard to get situated on the new server, but issues kept cropping up that we couldn't ignore. We have now moved yet again, this time to a standardized well-documented server with plenty of room and speed.

There should not have been any posts or threads lost from the previous server. We'll be monitoring forum performance over the next few days to make sure everything is running smoothly. Please feel free to post whatever thoughts you've been saving!

Looking forward to that Season 5 DVD. ;)

Thanks, Morgan!

Group, Morgan has generously devoted his time and much energy to getting us moved yet again. He is sharing his own server with me, so we're sure to have all the support and features we need.

We'll not be moving again anytime in the forseeable future, so downtimes should be minimal and everything should be functioning better than ever!

Also, for those who asked, the chat rooms are now operational again - I know a few tricks as well. Ok, so I just reinstalled it. It's still fixed, lol.

:bow Thanks again, Morgan! :hurray:

If the image was bigger than 80 x 80, then it scaled it down, which removes the animation.

Can you post the avatar here in an Attachment and then we can maybe resize it for you?

Okay, but it was really small to begin with. Here it is:

redXkitty.gif

Samantha, you should be able to put that one up. I was directing my comment towards Sam Beckett Fan. :)

feldon30 said:
If the image was bigger than 80 x 80, then it scaled it down, which removes the animation.

Can you post the avatar here in an Attachment and then we can maybe resize it for you?
oh yeah sure. here it is Morgan:

Attachments

• scott-icon.gif
    scott-icon.gif
    225.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
After resizing and optimizing, it's still 100kb, which is 4 times as big as avatars are allowed to be. Sorry. :(

I scale the animation (which is 225kb) down to 80 x 80 and reoptimize it and it's still over 100kb. Avatars may not be over 30kb.

That avatar is more of a short movie than an avatar. ;)