Sam figured out how to target leap...

lakawak

Project QL Intern
Feb 26, 2012
In The Leap Back, Sam says that he has figured out how to program Ziggy to "target leap" into Al to save him. And he is apparently correct since he does just that.

So...with them being able to target leap, why not just take the person in the waiting room and target leap him into Sam to bring him home?

In The Leap Back, Sam says that he has figured out how to program Ziggy to "target leap" into Al to save him. And he is apparently correct since he does just that.

So...with them being able to target leap, why not just take the person in the waiting room and target leap him into Sam to bring him home?

This was actually done in "A Leap For Lisa" where Sam had the PQL Team leap "Bingo" into a 3-day-younger version of himself. But that was a case of the same person replacing himself, which obviously would be 100 percent identical in terms of neurons and mesons.

In "The Leap Home," Sam also leaped into a 16-year-old version of himself, too. Then we have "A Leap Between the States" where Sam was able to leap outside of his lifetime and into his great-grandfather because he had a similar genetic makeup. Granted, these were not targeted leaps, but in these cases I think Sam could have actually brought himself home by using this method. Unfortunately, Sam must have forgotten from being Swiss-cheesed that this was a viable method.

Brian may be onto something with the neuron/meson explanation. I think maybe "target leaping" can only work in cases like these, where neurons and mesons are connected between people. Otherwise, GFT manipulates the leaps. And that's probably why the Retrieval Program didn't work and swap Sam with Tom Jarrett.

Now I'm going to shed a tear over the lack of a season 6 again. Because with Sam able to leap at-will, it would have really opened up a lot of storytelling opportunities.

Why didn't the retrieval program work? Because Sam hadn't really accepted his part to play in helping people, and at the same time, deep down, wasn't ready to call it quits. At least that's what the bartender told me.

Happy Leap Day all.

Am I being impolite to say that if Bellisario has the level of passion for QL to want to get it done "no matter what", he could absolutely finance a pilot or preproduction on a movie out of his own pocket? I don't know how resistant Universal would be. Maybe they've turned him down many times, refusing to sell him the rights AND saying "the time isn't right" or "there's too much on our plate right now". I know Hollywood is about having the right money in the right place and knowing the right person and a TON of luck.

I just think Don's got 8 years of NCIS, 3 of NCIS:LA, plus JAG. Heck he's probably still got Magnum money.

I'll just cross my fingers and hope that something happens. Scott and Dean aren't getting any younger.

Because then the series would have ended and that would've been no bueno!!! :D