View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 10:22 PM   #8
SueJBakula

Post 14:

Thread Heading: One Theory

Date: 07/09/1999

Ok, here is my possible theory on MI:what if Sam leaped into the bartender Al, and he stayed there for a long time. When he saw Sam leap at the door, he knew where Sam will leap next, so he wanted to change that. So he keep giving Sam hints about the Leap, so if Al(Sam) the bartender wants to go back home, so he told Sam that he has been controlling his own leaps. If Sam continuing to believe that, then he could leap back home. I think after he told Beth that Al was alive, and he leaped out and his next leap, he couldn't remember what Al the bartender had told him, that's why he didn't leap back home. Is any of this make a sense?

Post 15:

Thread Heading: MI Credits

In the credits you see a picyure of a man and a little boy near a plane. I think the older man was John Beckett ( Sam's Father). I think the little boy was Sam. Also, did anybody notice that the older man was wearing the same slothes that Sam was wearing in the bar. Please tell me what you think

Reply 1: Credits were

I belive it was Don Bellarsario's father. Check out the interview on with him on a QL Web page

Post 16:

Thread Heading: Trivial MI question

In Mirror Image, who are the 2 boys with the bicycle near the beginning? Sam thinks they look familiar, but I don't recall them from any previous episodes. Are they supposed to be himself and Tom as children? Or is it an in-joke, and are they really Scott's or Bellasario's kids in real life?
I love the discussions that episode provoked. I agree with the 'intelligent TV' comments, and think the existential nature of MI was intentional. I noticed a facial resemblance between Al the Bartender and Sam, and I accept the idea that he's an older Sam testing the younger one's--what?--commitment to the cause? As I noted in a post when the episode ran before, the actor playing Al the Bartender is the same one who was Sam's commander (or leader) in the first episode. I refuse to believe Don B. did not intend the casting to be significant!

Reply 1: I know who those little boys are....

There the Sons of Sam in the episode "A Tale Of Two Sweeties"
I cannot remember what there names are. But i know for a fact it's
them.
Reply 2: cast
Date: 07/10/1999

Also in the episode, "Good Night, Dear Heart," the sheriff was the Dr. Burger in the Pilot. I don't know if anyone else noticed this. I wonder if Bellasario put him there for a reason.