Could someone help resize?

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
I have this GORGEOUS pic of Scott I want for in my signature. Someone said that someone here could help me resize the pics because I am a mental midget when it comes to that. Another big question, how do I get it on here? I've tried a couple times already and it hasnt worked. Help!

Samantha Beckett
imgres

Samantha_Beckett said:
I have this GORGEOUS pic of Scott I want for in my signature. Someone said that someone here could help me resize the pics because I am a mental midget when it comes to that. Another big question, how do I get it on here? I've tried a couple times already and it hasnt worked. Help!

Samantha Beckett
imgres

aww, i can't see the pic:cry

I tried, but it said it was too large, and I don't know how to scale it down on my computer. Someone said it could be done here, but if it's too large to even load it up...do i have to look for a different pic? Cuz...i really dont want to, lol.

Samantha Beckett

Yeah, that was a pretty big image. :)

and now available in wallet size...

Attachments

• wetlookScott.jpg
    wetlookScott.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 116
  • wetlookScott_avatar1.jpg
    wetlookScott_avatar1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 106
  • wetlookScott_avatar2.jpg
    wetlookScott_avatar2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 104
Sweetness feldon! You are awesome! Thanks soooooo much!

SamBeckettFan...my heart skipped a couple beats when I saw it online:drool:drool:drool. The wet look...best thing to ever happen. :dreaming:dreaming:dreaming:dreaming:dreaming

Samantha Beckett

I realize now that I made it avatar-sized. Have you got a ballpark of how big you wanted it for your signature?

SamBeckettFan's signature picture is 211 x 166.

feldon29 said:
I realize now that I made it avatar-sized. Have you got a ballpark of how big you wanted it for your signature?

hey feldon, i like your avatar, what's it of?

feldon29 said:

SamBeckettFan's size is perfect! How much room would I have (character wise) to put in quotes? Also...do you know the name of the website that you can upload the picture on and then it will give you a url address so I could load the picture on here? It's been said before, but I cannot find it to save my life. It was a tangent off of some thread.

Samantha Beckett

SamBeckettfann said:
man, can you find me some hot pics like that? and how goes the search for that red pumps shot from his man/woman of the year award?

i happen to love it the most when his lock of white hair is showing, its soooooooooooooo cute!!! HE is soooooooooo cute....i'm drooling:drool:dreaming

Go to www.scottbakulafan.com. That's where I found this pic. It was a wall paper and they've got lots to click on and look at:drool. And the man/woman of the year pic search is a total bust. I can't find anything anywhere and Google never lets me down! I think the white streak in his hair is sexy too :dreaming :dreaming

Samantha Beckett

There are many different ways to do it and many elements that go into a leap.

The first thing one notices is that Sam isn't merely glowing blue. The colors are also partially reversed out and/or desaturated.

Then he is filled in with white which generally follows body contours and clothing texture and almost always finishes by closing in on the eyes. I find that a soft-edged piercing cyan lends credibility to this white fill-in.

Then there is hand-drawn lightning which makes its way from top to bottom or sweeping around.

And finally the spider web effect which was created during the hiatus between season 1 and season 2 on, I believe, a Quantel Paintbox. This is a hugely intricate effect which is difficult to simulate by normal means. Not only are beams of light coming out and circular 'pulsing' patterns lightening and darkening parts of the beams of light which are coming out, but there is a sweeping effect where at first all of the beams are vertical but very quickly fan out so that the majority of the beams are horizontal.

Leaps are joined together by a fade to white, sometimes with a stronger white glow around Sam that trumps all of the blue glow.

Realize that different animators did each leap and that different technology was used in the first 2 years vs. later years. Some of the leaps in Season 5 are very obviously done with digital techniques.

I am anxious for Mirror Image to air on Sci-Fi or be made available on DVD because this episode has a 'leap to black' which I could harvest and use for leap animations. What I have attached is my attempt to create my own spider web that I can re-use.

Attachments

• leap_stages.gif
    leap_stages.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 92
  • leap_lines.jpg
    leap_lines.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 132
  • leap_lines2.jpg
    leap_lines2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: