Thread: The novels
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #20
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemom6067
I just finished reading Mirror's Edge - Great job, I enjoyed it enormously, especially having post-"Leap Home pt II" Tom as a character. I did wonder why you hadn't used Sammy Jo instead of the guy character you invented (sorry, book not at hand and I don't remember his name). Read Obsessions a while back and enjoyed it, too.

I have collected and read all the USA books and one of the UK books, and have the other UK book on order. My real problem with the series, particularly the ones written by McConnell, are that she consistently says that Sam's soul is Leaping, and limits Sam's capabilities to what his "host" would be able to do - see especially "The Wall," although having him leap into a little girl was interesting.

My favorites have been Mirror's edge, Pulitzer, Angels Unaware, Odyssey and Double or Nothing.

{I just read another post above about you opinions about Sammy Jo - would you mind sharing them?}
She doesn't use Sammy Jo because she doesn't like the idea of her.
but yeah Mirror's Edge had me on the edge of my seat especially near the beginneing when its estimated that he's there to die in Powell's place. I freaked out! and the fact that I had read that chapter after midnight didn't help hehe. One thing I didn't understand though and going back to what cookiemom said here about including Tom, I didn't get why Tom was so mean to Donna and wanting to blame her for Sam being lost in time.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote