Season 2 not in order

swiss cheesed brain

Project QL Intern
Sep 26, 2005
I am watching Quantum Leap after many years. I sent for it through Netflix. The first season finale ended with Sam as the old african american man...again. We were confused, but we pressed on with season two. We found that season two does not match up with how they end and the next one begins. Is this just a Netflix issue? issue with the viewer? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Depending on your perspective it's either erring too far on the side of accuracy or not bothering to be accurate at all. The QL DVDs from Universal are on there as they aired originally on NBC. NBC occasionally would air a re-run during the season, and the Leap-In tag at the end of the episode reflects which episode would be airing next week on the original run. Now, when syndicated, the Leap-In tags at the end of the episodes were lined up to reflect chronological production order. So depending on your point of view, Universal is either being true to the original airings *....or they're too lazy to sync up the Leap chronology.

* Music issues aside. <wg>