Project QL Intern
Mar 31, 2007
paris, france
hello everybody
i recently bought all the seasons of QL and just finished watching them
i must say this is the best show ever filmed
i'm from france so excuse my grammar or other faults
i'm a 37 years old mother
i used to watch the show at the tv by the timer it was on in france, that means in 1994, but i never managed to see them all
now i keep the dvds in my tresure box
thanks i discovered this website , cause i 'm so sad the show did'nt continue...
see you out there !!

Bonjour cathaumont, welcome to Al's Place, every corner of the world united by a shared love of the Leap (UN- stand up and take notice), how Utopian. From Mr.Fusion (Ian).

Cathaumont,
Welcome to the group! I do want to cover the post that etnlIcarus put on the board. The moderators and owner of the board are open to various topics put on the board, however, we are not going to accept posts that invite open arguing and bickering back and forth.

Al's Place has been "home" to me for some time. I can only hope that you come to think of it as a second home away from home as well. :) The friends that I have made here, are most definitely closer than others that I've had.

I do hope that you enjoy your time here at Al's Place!

Off-topic:
we are not going to accept posts that invite open arguing and bickering back and forth
How many times and in how many ways do I have to say that was not my intention? I'm not used to blanket bans on any discussion which might result is someone getting their nickers in a twist and lashing out.

Hi Cathaumont! Welcome!! I am new as well but unlike you I still have not made it through all 5 seasons. I am still in season 4. When I finish I hope to explore all the other places in this great website but for now I don't want to spoil any episode I have not watched yet. Enjoy this wonderful site!

Bonjour, Cathaumont! I hope you enjoy it here! Viva Al's Place!
I'm not poking fun at you, or your nationality, I'm just having a bit of fun.

Also, I'm studying French. Does this sentence make sense?: Un cahier rouge et deux gomme blanc.

Hi Cathaumont, I'm a 35 year old mother from Australia and very slowly getting the QL, Only half way through season 3, but enjoying it even though I don't get to sit down and watch it often. Its a nice international bunch here.

etnlIcarus said:
Off-topic: How many times and in how many ways do I have to say that was not my intention? I'm not used to blanket bans on any discussion which might result is someone getting their nickers in a twist and lashing out.
Don't stress EtnlIcarus, I understood what you meant, even when I read your original post. I think that australians word things a little differently than others in the world, what make perfect sense to us as being a "lighthearted" comment can be misinterpreted, its happened to me quite often. Aussies tend to talk and write in a flippant and lighthearted manner a lot and don't realise that others don't, and we often forget that others read it in a different tone than it was intended to be read. Hope to cheer you up a bit :D Sorry Cathaumont, your thread has been taken over a little, perhaps if you want to respond to this etnlIcarus (or anyone) you better start a new thread in off-topic discussions, (or just send me a private message). New Thread could be, What makes aussies better than every other nationality! Ha Ha, perhaps not, people may think we are serious.

Last edited:
Bonjour, Salut and Welcome to the board Cathaumont!

The DVD's are a great way to get into the show - no ad's, no breaks, marathons made easy - I like. I hope you've enjoyed your viewing experience and once all the episodes are watched you can see the great Al's Place video library that The Bartender and loads of other people have contributed to.