509 Trilogy Part III <AKA The Last Door>

The Last Door

• Total voters
Lightning McQueenie said:
That is an interesting theory, that Laura had told Clayton, but I don't think it can be right, because if that was the case, then Sam originally wouldn't have leapt into Clayton. He'd have leapt into someone else, say Marie, and tried to stop Clayton and Abigail from perishing in the fire while still trying to find out what happened, as Clayton would be able to tell him.

Then again, Al could have just asked Clayton in the Waiting Room...

He may not have needed to be told though, she had the locket remember? Though there is no way he'd have to know she did, she could have hidden it.
There was that line I mentioned however that I can't figure out:
"Clayton said you'd come and then I'd have to tell about Violet."

He may not have needed to be told though, she had the locket remember? Though there is no way he'd have to know she did, she could have hidden it.
There was that line I mentioned however that I can't figure out:
"Clayton said you'd come and then I'd have to tell about Violet."

I think it was referencing Sam's first visit to Laura, when he tried to talk to her but she wouldn't talk to him. I think at that stage Laura still had a decent grasp on reality and so probably thought it was Clayton...

I think it was referencing Sam's first visit to Laura, when he tried to talk to her but she wouldn't talk to him. I think at that stage Laura still had a decent grasp on reality and so probably thought it was Clayton...

I did consider this however she was in that same vegetative state Sam found her in the following two visits. Though in those instances her recognition of him which snapped her out of her trance seemed to come in a sudden burst which did not happen that first time. This does suggest as you did that she'd been of sound enough mind to have seen partial of the aura but was out of it enough to not notice was what missing of it or saw the full aura. This is also supported by how in this final chapter she only recognized him from his second visit to her.
"You were here a very long time ago, you were going to marry my Abigail but you didn't. You went away."

Because it proves that in Part 1 of the triology, that the woman that Sam saw in the fire at the sheriff's house (when he rescues Abgail) really WAS Laura (Abigail's mother), and not a ghost or a mirage.

Whoa.... how is that possible?? How did she get in there, and how would no one else notice? I just assumed her hands were just some skin condition from old age or having those gloves on for so long.

I was wondering though, why did Al exclaim, "Oh God" when Sam lifted her headdress?

Whoa.... how is that possible?? How did she get in there, and how would no one else notice? I just assumed her hands were just some skin condition from old age or having those gloves on for so long.

Sam had visited her, which probably made her think something was wrong (as there was) and so she escaped the hospital.

I was wondering though, why did Al exclaim, "Oh God" when Sam lifted her headdress?

Because her scalp was so badly burnt...

See my review in the Trilogy part I thread which is where I discuss Laura's ghost like appearances to Sam in relation to her burns in this part.