Round Robin: Experiment: Flash RR

gelfling1220

Project QL Intern
Nov 1, 2001
New York City
www.angelfire.com
In light of complaints regarding lack of participation in the running RR's, I thought this might be worth a whirl...

This is a sort of modified Round Robin story, where each submission should fall within a range of 5-15 words and they don't necessarily need to be full sentences. (This allows some of the more long-winded of us some wiggle room in our descriptions and entries! ;) )

Hopefully we'll get more participants, because the way I see it, if you can spare a few words to post something over at the main Chat forum, you can spare a few here too!

Just a few guidelines... Let's try to keep it as clean and as on-topic as the other RR's shall we? A little silliness can be fun, but ideally, this should be a story...

Here's my entry to start. Hope this works!
:)
The chilly spray was the first thing Sam felt, as the leap?s tingling sensation subsided.

Takes up the Challenge

He took a deep breath of the salty air and then promptly lost his balance.

Re: Takes up the Challenge

"Silly girl," a gruff male voice murmured in his ear. "You'll get your sea legs yet!"

--

Eep! One word over... ACK!

Can't wait to see how this goes!

Ciao!
Aurora

As he leaned over the rail, way below, he could see white dolphin's heads.

Here's my one liner!!!

Sam clutched at the rail and groaned, "Ooooohhh boy!"

--

Poor guy... I know how he feels!

Ciao!
Aurora

Sam blinked and swallowed hard as he looked up into the black eyes before him.

Hmmmm... this could be interesting... I might as well try to get involved with one RR... right?

~*~@ Robyn

The man eyed him critically, "Yeah, okay," He sighed. "Come on, lets get something back into ya."

--

Argh!! One over.. AGAIN!

Ciao!
Aurora

Sam felt the strength of the man's grip as he led him away from the railing.

Adding some more... what the heck... :)

"You're not suggesting I eat?" Sam said with horror, as his stomach lurched again.

Okay, here's my one liner (not an ocean liner, obviously LOL)

Helen

This time, it got the best of him. He made a mad dash for the railing...

--

Okay.. here's something for someone to add on! One word over again... but hey... at least I stopped!

Ciao!
Aurora

His stomach suddenly emptied itself and he slowly slid to the deck in a heap.

Poor guy...

Sam groaned softly and Al snickered, "Your lunch, eh?"

--

Heh heh...

Ciao!
Aurora

Starting this one up again

The man he'd who'd been trying to led him before grabbed his arm again and pulled him up saying, "you know, the best thing for sea sickness is eating."

An aside

This reads great, but my Swiss Cheese memory recalled there being more to the original before the new postings.

Something about a young girl, and a lot more hostility between the man and the woman that Sam had leaped into (I even seem to remember a name beginning with M) and the boat being about to sink. I can't recall all the details, but I could have sworn there were far more posts than this.
Did it get lost in the big crash?

If so, no matter, we can have the fun of working on it all over again - but I'd like to know if anyone else remembers as I do, or am I just even more :wacko than I thought?

When his stomach was calmer, he turned around, warning, “Mention…*urp* …eating again and I swear…”

______
Eleiece