First Time, Long Time

Kholdstare

Project QL Intern
Jun 6, 2006
Iowa
Hello all! I've been coming to this board now for the past couple of years, off and on reading all of your guys (and gals) comments about my favorite show Quantum Leap. I don't know why, but I always liked reading what all of you had to say, but I never really felt compelled to start posting until now. I am 25 years old and I started watching Quantum Leap when I was about 8 years old. Of course I never really understood some of the things that happened on the show at that time, the premise of some guy helping people out by putting right what once went wrong, just seemed like such a perfect idea to me. I never missed an episode and at the time was very disappointed to see Dr. Beckett never return home. Of course, now I see that as somewhat a blessing in disguise because I believe that this is why we're all still so wrapped up in this great show! I so badly wanted Sam to return home (and I still do), but I believe that if the show wrapped up happily ever after, we wouldn't be talking about it as much (in my opinion). I do agree that enough is enough and that they should finally let Sam go home now. It has been 13 long years since the finale that surprised all of us. Now just give us one more chance of enjoying this great show by making a movie/spinoff that finally gives us our ending that most of us have been waiting for, before it is too late!

Anyway, it is great to see these wonderful episodes over again on DVD (especially now that im older and understand exactly what's going on). This will always be a show that I hold dear to my heart.

Finally, I just want to say hi to everyone here on this board. I feel like i've known most of you since i've been reading your messages for years now. This is definitely a great site and I enjoy the fact that there are people around here that will always keep Quantum Leap alive (and hopefully someday we will all get our wish for an actual movie).

Welcome to the board! Your story is similar to my own, except that I'm 26 and thus discovered QL when I was 9.

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.

Sit a spell, have a rodbeer, and let us know your thoughts.

I hope you've also been checking out the Virtual Seasons. They really have kept the show alive, and are well worth a read. MJ and Aurora did a wonderful thing when they set them up, and there are some very talented writers in the ranks.

Hey I've just joined as well. My name is Vicki and I'm 20 years old. I think it was my father who got me hooked on Quantum Leap when it was in syndication on the Sci-Fi channel. I was probably 10 or so when I started watching it and and just fell in love with the characters and the storylines. When the box sets came out I was determined to get all of them and I just picked up the 3rd Season box set and I've been watching it every night, two or three episodes at a time. It's wonderful. I absolutely love Scott Bakula as well. He's just that type of actor that gives you the butterflies in your stomach heh...or is that just me? I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Hopefully I've found my home with you guys, something Sam has yet to do...BAWHAW *sniff* *sniff*

Well, until next post

ziggysego said:
Welcome Ziggy Viggi. I'm going to have to look out for my name-sake ;)

Ohh Ziggysego, in no way do I want to intrude on your name. I was trying to make Vicki sound like Ziggy. I mean it was that or Sam Beckett Is My Baby Daddy. But I don't think it's appropriateand I doubt it would fit :lol