Would you want to quantum leap?

Mesmer Ice

Project QL Intern
Oct 15, 2006
If it was possible you could change what went wrong in the past through other people.You can travel whatever time and country (I would stay in the 80s) but you have no idea when you would come home?

I would if I was single and had a boring life yeah I would do it.

Never in a million years. And that's exactly what makes Sam a unique hero to whom I bow for his heroics and megahuman efforts! :bow He does things most people would not concern themselves with and does it selflessly. It takes a great comittment and sacrifice that I am not sure I could make... to leave my family behind and knowing I possibly may NEVER return... that's a dern tough one, partner.:blackeye

HologramIAm said:
Never in a million years. And that's exactly what makes Sam a unique hero to whom I bow for his heroics and megahuman efforts! :bow He does things most people would not concern themselves with and does it selflessly. It takes a great comittment and sacrifice that I am not sure I could make... to leave my family behind and knowing I possibly may NEVER return... that's a dern tough one, partner.:blackeye
I think he figured he would return in the beginning but "the man upstairs "took over

It really depends...as long as I wasn't in danger of dying or anything (I.E: Evil Leaper guys that try to kill me every once and a while) I'd be fine. Oh yeah, that and having Al. Al would be nice, too. ;)

I would want to Quantum Leap if before I leaped, It was made absolutely certain that I could be retrieved whenever I wanted. Then it would probably become a hobby: I come home from work - got the weekend off. Nothing to do. "I think I might Quantum Leap for a bit."

No. I'd hate to leave my soon-to-be husband behind. Although, I'd love to change some things that have gone on in the world, and at home.

Although it might be fun, I don't think I could handle half the stuff Sam went through!

Now being observer.....sign me up for that one!

Maybe, if like Joy said, I couldn't get killed or stuff, it sure would be nice to be able to see other decades and experience the past - ie: make myself rich.

The 80's would be great to visit aswell - Miami Vice is on TV, the Music's great and no one cares about fashion, Hawaiian shirts anyone?

If I could be retrieved, then it could be fun to Leap. The problem is, I'd probably end up using it for my own gain. It'd be so easy to buy cheap things that are worth a fortune nowadays and send them to myself in the future, like in The Leap Back.

And it could be interesting to visit the '80's at an age where I'm old enough to enjoy it.

QL...Me?

Show me to the accelerator. I'd even do it if the retrieval program was hosed. Is now a good time?

I wouldn't mind leapinginto someone that knew me as a teenager, and just giving a young me a slap and a stern talking to (as well as maybe some lottery numbers)

leaping

Actually...I could see that at this point in time as something of an advantage.

1. I get to help people and do good:angel

2. I don't have to worry about bills, work, and the lovely stressful things that are going on everyday in my life right now:banghead.

3. I don't remember anybody that I should remember so...it's not a problem for me! :\

I would like to have a hologram that is my friend like Al and Sam have each other.

I probably would only do it if I had nothing else left, no loose ends or what-not. Although I'd feel alot more comfortable if I knew that I could return at any time I chose to. That being said, the situations that Sam often gets himself thrown into, I probably wouldn't handle so well.

I'd only be able the leap through 1989-now, so unless I leapt along my family tree, I'd miss out on the 80's :(

I'd much prefer to be an observer, I'd be exactly where I want to be, I'd be safe, and I'd know that I was helping a leaper to do his/her duty :)

I didn't think the 80s were that great either. :) I could leap as far back as the 1960s, but really if I were going to time travel, I would want to go back a lot farther than that. And there's no way I would leap unless I was sure I could get home.

But I'm really more of an armchair adventurer anyway, so I would be happier as the observer.

I would definitely do it without even giving it a second thought. To help touch all those lives that he helped, there couldn't be anything greater in the world for me.

Snish said:
I didn't think the 80s were that great either. :)

Unfortunately, that's about as far back as some of us could go. Well, I could do the end of 1979, but before that... Besides, I'd like to go back to the 80's so I can laugh at some of the styles and the hair. And there was some good music then.

Leaping could be fun. I wouldn't have to worry about some monotonous job, paying for bills, studying for classes... well, at least not for myself, anyway.

when i was 15 and i was watching the show i always imagined h ow great itwould be if i lept like sam through time and talk to al:D specially when i was in school.i was so bored in the class so i imagined that i wasnt me, but i was sam and i lept in to me in the class, and i said al where are you? oh boy.and my teacher heared me becouse i was thinking loud:D and said WHOS AL???.:lol :lol :lol

In reality I don't think I would, but in the Quantum Leap universe, yes. Time travel is far too dangerous in itself to tamper with (especially if it dealt with only one timeline and not multiverse spawning). I don't believe the actual damage it could do has been addressed in Quantum Leap, or many other shows.

But yes it would be wonderful to change some people lives for the better and all of the beauty associated with it. But you know - theres nothing stopping us trying that in real life. :) Dream the impossible dream!

Don Quixote said:
But yes it would be wonderful to change some people lives for the better and all of the beauty associated with it. But you know - theres nothing stopping us trying that in real life. :) Dream the impossible dream!

Hear, hear! :hurray:

If we all tried to live by the maxim "Practice Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty", the world would be a much better place, and we could feel somewhat akin to Sam, even if we didn't go back in time to do it.

Real Life

I do that...

One of the specific times in the past year...when I was in Washington, D.C. last year. I had a situation where I was taking a 9 hour bus tour of Washington D.C. (to be followed the next day by another different 9 hour bus tour.) There was a shuttle offered by the tour company that picked one up at their hotel (or one close by) and then took you to the hub where you'd catch your correct bus. I was at this time the only passenger on the shuttle. We stopped at the next hotel and an oriental woman got on the bus. I smiled and she smiled back. Then a couple of seconds later, another oriental lady stuck her head in the bus, looked at me and asked "Are you taking the Indoor Washington Tour today?" I answered yes.

The next question was one I didn't expect. "Would you please watch my sister for me? She doesn't speak English." The first woman was her sister and was visiting from Bejing, China.

I thought for a second. I considered the concept that this could be Sam leaping into someone and the mission was to make sure this woman who didn't speak English would get back to her sister safe and sound (e.g. original history not so nice?) That thought really did go through my mind. So I answered, "Sure. I'll do my best." I spent the next 9 hours of my life helping the woman to understand what we were seeing through pantamime.

The next day, the lady was on the bus again, but this time her sister was with us. She had been at a meeting the day before. She said her sister had come home that night talking about how wonderful American's were. They took me out to lunch later that day (she wanted to thank me...I told her she didn't need to, but she wanted to so we have a nice lunch at a Salvadoran Restaurant) and I now had a great time getting to know both of them (the sister spoke English so was able to translate between us.)

In anycase, I find myself doing thing like that that quite a bit of the time. Yes, Quantum Leaping can take place in our own lifetimes...we just have the string linear instead of touching out of sequence.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I watched this show, was that I always imagined being a leaper. I would love to leap back to my college days in the late 60s. That was a great time to be a college student. It was a very interesting time in history, and I would love to relive that time.

Wow that's wonderful. It's things like that that underpin the values Quantum Leap gives to us.

asearcher said:
I do that...

One of the specific times in the past year...when I was in Washington, D.C. last year. I had a situation where I was taking a 9 hour bus tour of Washington D.C. (to be followed the next day by another different 9 hour bus tour.) There was a shuttle offered by the tour company that picked one up at their hotel (or one close by) and then took you to the hub where you'd catch your correct bus. I was at this time the only passenger on the shuttle. We stopped at the next hotel and an oriental woman got on the bus. I smiled and she smiled back. Then a couple of seconds later, another oriental lady stuck her head in the bus, looked at me and asked "Are you taking the Indoor Washington Tour today?" I answered yes.

The next question was one I didn't expect. "Would you please watch my sister for me? She doesn't speak English." The first woman was her sister and was visiting from Bejing, China.

I thought for a second. I considered the concept that this could be Sam leaping into someone and the mission was to make sure this woman who didn't speak English would get back to her sister safe and sound (e.g. original history not so nice?) That thought really did go through my mind. So I answered, "Sure. I'll do my best." I spent the next 9 hours of my life helping the woman to understand what we were seeing through pantamime.

The next day, the lady was on the bus again, but this time her sister was with us. She had been at a meeting the day before. She said her sister had come home that night talking about how wonderful American's were. They took me out to lunch later that day (she wanted to thank me...I told her she didn't need to, but she wanted to so we have a nice lunch at a Salvadoran Restaurant) and I now had a great time getting to know both of them (the sister spoke English so was able to translate between us.)

In anycase, I find myself doing thing like that that quite a bit of the time. Yes, Quantum Leaping can take place in our own lifetimes...we just have the string linear instead of touching out of sequence.