View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #18
Trinity
Waiting Room Visitor

My mom made me watch it at first under protest. I know, that's blasphemous, but hear me out. I wanted to watch Bonanza, which came on at the same time as the re-runs of Quantum Leap. The episode was the one where Sam leaps into a death row convict w/ 48 hours to live. I wasn't interested, at first; as soon as Al said that Sam "couldn't live with 2,000 volts of electricity coursing through your body!", i found the humor that my mom had told me was in the show. It wasn't necessarily the funniest line, but, in thinking about it over a few days, it became funnier by the minute. I was hooked my the end of that first episode, partially because they gave the tease as to what the next episode was going to be about.

Since I was born around the time that the last season aired, none of my friends really knew about it, and most thought I was stupid to live in the past. (some even thought I wasn't telling the COMPLETE truth) I think that this show is a great thing to use to teach kids life lessons, or entertain them (I have let kids watch it before, usually where Sam leaps into a woman, and they thought it was HILARIOUS!!!)