Article by J. Michael Straczynski

D

Dman176

Because there are a large number of writers and aspiring writers that visit this board on a a daily basis, I felt like sharing this article I just read on newsarama.com by J. Michael Straczynski. Straczynski, for those who don't know, used to be one of the staff writers for the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe animated series from Filmation back in the early 80s and was also the creator/producer/head writer for Babylon 5 and its spinoff Crusade during the 90s. Currently, he is the regular writer of several mainstream comics from Marvel, such as The Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and Supreme Power, among others.

Starting today, Newsarama (a website dedicated to the comic book industry) is posting a semi-regular column written by JMS on the subject of writing in general and how aspiring writers can go about hoping to get published someday. While it does refer to a number of comic titles and writers in the industry, he does make note of authors like Harlan Ellison and Ray Bradbury, and how, regardless of who we all are, everyone had to start somewhere before making a name for themselves. Very insightful and quite humorous too. I recommend checking it out. :)

Words, Words, Words (Part 1)

Damon

Yeah Damon, right on - what he said!

Though I still think that in the context of Virtual Seasons 'what is already out there' is pretty hard to measure up to.
Just goes to show that Quantum Leap fans have more than the average degree of talent - must be the inspirational nature of the material.