Fan Fiction Finalists

EmmaCMF

Project QL Intern
Hi guys!

Just a quick note to let you know that you are now all free to publish your stories wherever you see fit, including those of you that placed in the top three.

The original aim was to format them all into a PDF, but I'm going to be honest and admit that the chances of that happening are slim to none, so rather than stringing you all along, we decided to just give you the go ahead to post online.

Obviously, there are many sites hosting fan-fiction, but when you've found a home for your story, please feel free to post a link here, as I'm sure that everybody would love to read them.

Thank you for your patience in this.

Thanks for letting us know, Emma. (I was considering whether to bug you about it again.) And thanks very much for all of your work in making the contest happen!

I echo Snish's thanks, Em. You all did a sterling job.
Thanks for releasing the stories for publication.
I'd really love to read the other finalist's stories, so I hope they are able to post somewhere soon.
I shall post "Bourbon on the Rocks" first - the story which placed 6th, at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5394357/1/Bourbon_on_the_Rocks
over the next few days. [for some reason clicking the link only goes to the homepage, but if you copy and paste it works]
Since "Descent into Panic" has been available via the e-zine. I'll post that at fanfic.net in due course but with less urgency.

Last edited:
Can't read it!

I'm glad to know we can finally read the other stories and am looking forward to it, but I can't get your link to work! All I get is the 'author's notes' page. I'm totally unfamiliar with that site, do I have to be a member to read? I wanted to post my story for all to read, but can't seem to find any info on how to do that.

Hope all the other winners post their entries soon!

I'm glad to know we can finally read the other stories and am looking forward to it, but I can't get your link to work! All I get is the 'author's notes' page. I'm totally unfamiliar with that site, do I have to be a member to read? I wanted to post my story for all to read, but can't seem to find any info on how to do that.

Hope all the other winners post their entries soon!
You have to be a member to post your own story, but not to read.
Once you get to the 'author's notes' page, you should see a small rectangular box on the top right of your screen.
It should show 1.Introduction in it, and a small drop down arrow to the right of it. Click on the arrow and it should then list all the chapters currently posted. Go directly to the next unread chapter there - useful if you catch up to where I've so far posted and next time don't want to trawl through the earlier ones.
Alternatively, to the right of those, you should see an oval 'button' with a 'fast forward' symbol on - >>
Press that to take you to the next chapter on.
Once you reach chapter two, a second button will appear on the left of the rectangle displaying the chapter you are on, allowing you to 'rewind' << if you want to return to an earlier chapter.
Hope this helps.
If you want a tutorial on how to upload your own story - which I'm looking forward to reading, then PM me and I'll email you.

I'm an idiot!

Duh! I kept clicking on 'intro', which turned out to be the page I was ON. Now that I have a clue, I have some reading to do!

I must apologize also for not adding my congratulations re your newspaper celebrity. That's GREAT! Very alliterative. Seriously, I think it's wonderful that your community supports your efforts and gives you public praise. You're getting the 'star' treatment I've only fantasized about - but after reading your other story I can tell you deserve it.

Duh! I kept clicking on 'intro', which turned out to be the page I was ON. Now that I have a clue, I have some reading to do!

I must apologize also for not adding my congratulations re your newspaper celebrity. That's GREAT! Very alliterative. Seriously, I think it's wonderful that your community supports your efforts and gives you public praise. You're getting the 'star' treatment I've only fantasized about - but after reading your other story I can tell you deserve it.

Awww, gosh now you're making me :eek:
I must confess I got a kick out of it though.

8th place, "The Logical Leap".

If this link doesn't work, please let me know.

It's short compared to all the rest - I mistook "story" for "short story", I guess. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/story/story_preview.php?storyid=5426420&chapter=1

It could just be the filters at work, but I couldn't get in using this link.
I think it is an 'author' only one, ie it goes to your 'live preview' of the story and requires to be logged on with the author's credentials, rather than being the general link to the story.
I'll try to post a link when I get home, but meantime, if readers go to the home page and put 'The Logical Leap' into the search bar under story, it should work.
I think I made the same mistake when I first posted at ff.net.

Thanks

Wasn't sure about the link, obviously. Made an effort NOT to use the one to my preview, but fouled up somewhere I guess.

So (if I can still count!) there are 5 more stories out there, waiting to be read...if I can do this, you can too! Please do.

Wasn't sure about the link, obviously. Made an effort NOT to use the one to my preview, but fouled up somewhere I guess.

So (if I can still count!) there are 5 more stories out there, waiting to be read...if I can do this, you can too! Please do.

Amen to that.
Come on writers, your public await!

Brian has graciously offerred to post all top 10 stories on the convention website. So if you wrote one of the 5 remaining M.I.A stories, please send it to Brian so we can all read them! I know it's been nearly a year, but everyone worked hard and deserves to have their stories published. Thanks!

Brian has graciously offerred to post all top 10 stories on the convention website. So if you wrote one of the 5 remaining M.I.A stories, please send it to Brian so we can all read them! I know it's been nearly a year, but everyone worked hard and deserves to have their stories published. Thanks!

I've sent Brian a copy of 'Bourbon on the Rocks' so hopefully that will appear in the list soon, but hey you other guys, where are you? We want to read the remaining stories. Please.

Hi all. I wrote story #5, "Just Like Starting Over." Been trying to post about it over here for awhile but had some registration issues with the board that Brian recently fixed for me. He also has my story and will post it soon, but in the meantime you can read it online here:

http://www.timelypersuasion.com/JLSO.html

Hope you enjoy it. I'd love to hear feedback (good or bad) from anyone who gives it a shot.

Hi all. I wrote story #5, "Just Like Starting Over." Been trying to post about it over here for awhile but had some registration issues with the board that Brian recently fixed for me. He also has my story and will post it soon, but in the meantime you can read it online here:

http://www.timelypersuasion.com/JLSO.html

Hope you enjoy it. I'd love to hear feedback (good or bad) from anyone who gives it a shot.

Thank you so much for posting this link.
I've been eagerly awaiting reading the other entries, and this was worth waiting for.
I love the idea of Al using an iPhone app as a handlink! Beautiful.
Kudos to you for a great Quantum Leap story. :bow