Scott and Dean on TV

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
New List! Scott and Dean on TV (Feb 20-26)

Hey, I thought this would be a cool thing to have going. I use this website called tvhound.com and I have used it to look up whenever Scott or Dean appear on tv in the next week. I thought I would share the wealth with everyone here!

For the week of Feb. 12 thru Feb. 19...

Scott Bakula
Feb. 13, 5:45am EST- A Passion to Kill, Lifetime Movie Network
Feb. 14, 12:30am EST- Frasier, The WB (at least it is for me)
Feb. 15, 2:30am EST- Murphy Brown, Nickelodeon (Nick at Nite)
Feb. 16, 2:30am EST- Murphy Brown, Nickelodeon (Nick at Nite)
Feb. 16, 8:00am EST- Designing Women, Lifetime
Feb. 16, 8:30am EST- Designing Women, Lifetime
Feb. 17, 2:30am EST- Murphy Brown, Nickelodeon (Nick at Nite)
Feb. 17, 12:30am EST- Lord of Illusions, Showtime
Feb. 19, 1:00pm EST- Star Trek: Enterprise, UPN (it might be Fox for some, I know of at least one)

Dean Stockwell
Feb. 15, 6:00am EST- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, HBO
Feb. 15, 5:00pm EST- Married to the Mob, Comedy Central

Samantha Beckett

Last edited:
RossBeckett said:
Scott was on Frasier? Coolness! I never knew that. I did know that Brent Spiner guest-starred on an episode.

Steve
RossBeckett

He wasn't on it, per se. It's more of a mention of him.

As far as Scott's TV appearances, you might want to run his name through other listings as well because I know that the episodes of "Murphy Brown" he did are airing this week on Nickelodeon.

jmoniz said:
He wasn't on it, per se. It's more of a mention of him.

As far as Scott's TV appearances, you might want to run his name through other listings as well because I know that the episodes of "Murphy Brown" he did are airing this week on Nickelodeon.

The Murphy Brown eps aired before I was able to get this posted, but what others would u recommend? The only one I know of is TvHound. EDIT: I found some Murphy Brown eps that didnt show up, and I put them up on the original post.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
awesomenss, what channel is this?

They're all on separate channels, Cyd...and they are written on there.

Samantha Beckett

Last edited:
What episode/season is this Frasier episode? I couldn't watch it, but I know someone who has most of the seasons on DVD, so maybe I can borrow it from her.

I dont know what season it was from, but Niles was together with Daphne at that point, maybe that'll help. And sorry Cyd, its not on again. He wasn't in it, but he was mentioned...but the ep was funny anyway! Sorry u missed it.

Samantha Beckett

Thanks for the heads up about the Murphy Brown episodes! I got up at 2AM to watch one last night. Er, this morning. Scott's character seems to be quite the troublemaker...

yay, i am so happy, i saw it last night, or tomorrow morning, whatever, i stayed up even though i was tired, and i loved it. it was funny from the moment it started. now that i have seen it i wouldn't say tht peter is a troublemaker, more like wild and crazy, lol. i must say of all the roles i have seen Scott portray this is very different, it's gonna take some getting used to. i wanna see more now :)

Sometimes it is hard to get used to him in other roles, isn't it? I remember the first time I saw Enterprise. It was a time travel episode in which Bakula's character was separated from his crew and looking a little lost and was trying to hide the fact that he wasn't in the right time period. Having watched about five QL episodes that day (this was when I just got the DVDs and was going through them at a phenomenal rate) it... well, it almost broke my brain. :)

LadyKayoss said:
I remember the first time I saw Enterprise. It was a time travel episode in which Bakula's character was separated from his crew and looking a little lost and was trying to hide the fact that he wasn't in the right time period.

I rememeber those! That was the two-parter Storm Front eps, I loved those! There were SO many subtle QL similarities, it as great. It even went so far as the "time portal" the other species (i cannot remember what they were) were going through was a blue firey haze.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
it was funny from the moment it started. now that i have seen it i wouldn't say tht peter is a troublemaker, more like wild and crazy, lol. i must say of all the roles i have seen Scott portray this is very different, it's gonna take some getting used to.

That's something I realized watching Murphy Brown. How funny he is. I know that we see that in QL a little bit, but somehow it's easier to see when there are other ppl laughing at him. He has really good comic timing. That's not something that's learned real easy, a lot of it us just natural. Sam was mostly a serious person who did have a playful, comical side that he showed every once in a while. Peter is constantly sarcastic, and it was really fun to see how great he is in a comedic role.

Samantha Beckett

it sure was, in fact Peter reminded me in a way of Al, lol, that was so different for me to see, yet like you said i guess i have to see In the Name of the People to see more, which i want to see.

hey i have a problem, i am taping tonights ep of MB, i checked tvguide.com to see what time it was on and it said 3 Am. but nickatnite.com says its 2:30 Am. so which should i trust?

I'd trust nickatnite.com, cuz it's on then over here (well, 1:30 central, but ya know). But, if all else fails, check at 2:30 and if it isnt on, then check at 3.

Samantha Beckett

He has really good comic timing. That's not something that's learned real easy, a lot of it us just natural.
I read an article where Bakula says he auditioned for a lot of soap opera roles (that was the general way new actors got into the business in the early eighties) and never could get a part because the casting people always laughed. They thought he was too comic, no matter what role he was reading for. I bet they're all kicking themselves now. Plus, he did a lot of musical theatre, which is ALL timing.

Samantha Beckett said:
I rememeber those! That was the two-parter Storm Front eps, I loved those! There were SO many subtle QL similarities, it as great. It even went so far as the "time portal" the other species (i cannot remember what they were) were going through was a blue firey haze.

Yeah, I had trouble watching them because, the entire time, I kept thinking of QL. Figures my first exposure to Enterprise would be a time travel episode... Then again, I can't help but notice now that Archer seems to do an awful lot of time traveling...

Samantha Beckett said:
That's something I realized watching Murphy Brown. How funny he is. I know that we see that in QL a little bit, but somehow it's easier to see when there are other ppl laughing at him. He has really good comic timing. That's not something that's learned real easy, a lot of it us just natural. Sam was mostly a serious person who did have a playful, comical side that he showed every once in a while. Peter is constantly sarcastic, and it was really fun to see how great he is in a comedic role.

Samantha Beckett

Oh, Peter cracks me up... I love his ability to say just the right thing to set the rest of the cast against each other. The episode a few nights ago, the one dealing with political correctness, had me laughing so hard... :roflmao: Then again, I've noticed a lot of things seem funnier at 2:30 in the morning.

bluedana said:
I read an article where Bakula says he auditioned for a lot of soap opera roles (that was the general way new actors got into the business in the early eighties) and never could get a part because the casting people always laughed. They thought he was too comic, no matter what role he was reading for. I bet they're all kicking themselves now. Plus, he did a lot of musical theatre, which is ALL timing.
no offense Scott, but thank god you never got into soap operas, snore fest.....one breed of tv show that i would never be caught watching.

i can't wait to watch last nights/this mornings episode on my tape. and thanks fpr the suggestion claire. only guess what, in this case, tvguide.com was the winner. so i got amn ep od roseanne on my tape with MB. :p

Last edited:
New List! Scott and Dean on TV (Feb. 20-26)

Hey yall...here's the list of appearances for this next week...

Scott Bakula
Feb. 20, 2:30am EST- Murphy Brown, Nickelodeon
Feb. 21, 11:42pm EST- In the Name of the People, Lifetime MOVIE Network
Feb. 22, 2:30am EST- Murphy Brown, Nickelodeon
Feb. 22, 10:57am EST- In the Name of the People, Lifetime MOVIE Network
Feb. 23, 1:05am EST- Lord of Illusions, Showtime
Feb. 24, 8:00am EST- Designing Women, Lifetime
Feb. 26, 3:00am EST- Murphy Brown, Nickelodeon

Dean Stockwell
Feb. 20, 6:55pm EST- Air Force One, Showtime
Feb. 25, 5:30pm EST- Air Force One, Showtime
Feb. 25, 5:00pm EST- Beverly Hills Cop 2, Comedy Central
Feb. 25, 8:00pm EST- Kenny Rogers as the Gambler 3: The Legend Continues- CMTV
Feb. 26, 3:00am EST- Air Force One, Showtime
Feb. 26, 1:00pm EST- Beverly Hills Cop 2, Comedy Central
Feb. 26, 3:00pm EST- Kenny Rogers as the Gambler 3: The Legend Continues- CMTV

Samantha Beckett

Edit: For some reason, tvhound.com doesnt like to include the Murphy Brown eps. I found them and added them up here.

Last edited:
Sam Beckett Fan said:
no offense Scott, but thank god you never got into soap operas, snore fest.....one breed of tv show that i would never be caught watching.

i can't wait to watch last nights/this mornings episode on my tape. and thanks fpr the suggestion claire. only guess what, in this case, tvguide.com was the winner. so i got amn ep od roseanne on my tape with MB. :p

My already low opinion of soaps has just gotten even lower. They turned down Scott?! How could they do that? I mean, he's gorgeous, talented, willing to do pretty much anything that's asked of him, and did I mention gorgeous? No wonder I don't watch those things.

On the other hand, it did leave him free to do a certain sci-fi TV show, for which I'm profoundly grateful.

By the way, for those of you who are Enterprise fans, I found this:

www.petitiononline.com/STENTDVD/petition.html

It's a petition to continue the series in the form of straight-to-DVD releases. Sign, people! Let's make sure that Scott continues to have work!

Last edited:
LadyKayoss said:
My already low opinion of soaps has just gotten even lower. They turned down Scott?! How could they do that? I mean, he's gorgeous, talented, willing to do pretty much anything that's asked of him, and did I mention gorgeous? No wonder I don't watch those things.

On the other hand, it did leave him free to do a certain sci-fi TV show, for which I'm profoundly grateful.
he's not willing to do ANYTHING persay, for Lord Of Illusions, there is suppose to be a directors cut where the love scene is more graphic, but Scott did not want his naked rear to be shown on camera. or so this is what i've heard.

way to go Scott, what a good and pure guy. :angel
of course like you said, he's gourgous, so there's the small part of me that's disappionted.hehe.

oh an i loved last nights episode of MB. i loved Scott in a tux lol. i kinda got irritataed at Corky for turning him away though when they were starting to "get along". hehe. and i loved the end when pete and murphy stayed all night in the office, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Beckett Fan said:
*gasps* YAY in the name of the people, and i have lifetime in my room! *jumps for joy*

thanks so much for the listing Claire.

I know I already told u this Cyd, but for the benefit of everyone else...there was a reason why I put MOVIE in all caps in Lifetime Movie Network. That's a completely different channel than just Lifetime. It's an "upper channel" for those with cable boxes or satelite dishes. For me, it's channel 300 but i know its prolly different for yall. Just make sure what channel you're recording.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
I know I already told u this Cyd, but for the benefit of everyone else...there was a reason why I put MOVIE in all caps in Lifetime Movie Network. That's a completely different channel than just Lifetime. It's an "upper channel" for those with cable boxes or satelite dishes. For me, it's channel 300 but i know its prolly different for yall. Just make sure what channel you're recording.

Samantha Beckett
Claire you told me this in the chat room this post was unnecessary. thank you for the information.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
he's not willing to do ANYTHING persay, for Lord Of Illusions, there is suppose to be a directors cut where the love scene is more graphic, but Scott did not want his naked rear to be shown on camera. or so this is what i've heard.

way to go Scott, what a good and pure guy. :angel
of course like you said, he's gourgous, so there's the small part of me that's disappionted.hehe.

oh an i loved last nights episode of MB. i loved Scott in a tux lol. i kinda got irritataed at Corky for turning him away though when they were starting to "get along". hehe. and i loved the end when pete and murphy stayed all night in the office, lol.

Okay... almost anything. Like, say, wear a dress. Enter a beauty pageant. Come dangerously close to giving birth.

And I missed last night's MB... I forgot to set my alarm clock! *wails*

LadyKayoss said:
Okay... almost anything. Like, say, wear a dress. Enter a beauty pageant. Come dangerously close to giving birth.

And I missed last night's MB... I forgot to set my alarm clock! *wails*

yeah Scott can pull off a dress better than me and i am a girl! trust me on this. Scott is a very special man. :angel

Sam Beckett Fan said:
yeah Scott can pull off a dress better than me and i am a girl! trust me on this. Scott is a very special man. :angel

And it makes very depressed that Scott looks better in a dress than i do.:( :(

About the soap opera thing...there have been several of the big Hollywood stars that made their start in soaps. There is a good number, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think she was on The Young and the Restless or All My Children, I can't remember which.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
And it makes very depressed that Scott looks better in a dress than i do.:( :(

About the soap opera thing...there have been several of the big Hollywood stars that made their start in soaps. There is a good number, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think she was on The Young and the Restless or All My Children, I can't remember which.

Samantha Beckett

really, i know the singer Jesse Macartny was on All My Children as a little boy, my mom told me cuz shes into the soaps *yuckola*

for Lord Of Illusions, there is suppose to be a directors cut where the love scene is more graphic, but Scott did not want his naked rear to be shown on camera.
I have the director's cut and, while the love scene has a nude full body shot, it's not X-rated. It's very hot, though. I give props to director Clive Barker for going the "artistic" rather than graphic route.

I mean, he's gorgeous, talented, willing to do pretty much anything that's asked of him, and did I mention gorgeous?
Like hanging, swinging, upside down for hours at a time even though he suffers from motion sickness (finally resorting to acupuncture to get through it!). Or doing his own stunts so that the camera can get close ups and the final product looks better (even at 50, on ENT, he was still doing this). Or getting himself into fierce shape during QL, not for vanity's sake, but because he realized that if he got injured, shooting would stop and about 100 people wouldn't work for however long it took him to recover (hence the dancing on a dislocated foot episode). SB said that his presence was required on set every single day during QL, and that he got only 4-5 days off during the whole 5-season run of the show. Yes, he's gorgeous, but it runs deep.

Every time I read or hear an interview with or about this guy, or catch any of his more obscure projects, like Luminarias (now there's a funny background story about how he got that role!) my opinion of him goes up even more. It's why I have no patience with or interest in the diva-celebrities who have more attitude and entitlement than talent.

bluedana said:
I have the director's cut and, while the love scene has a nude full body shot, it's not X-rated. It's very hot, though. I give props to director Clive Barker for going the "artistic" rather than graphic route.

Like hanging, swinging, upside down for hours at a time even though he suffers from motion sickness (finally resorting to acupuncture to get through it!). Or doing his own stunts so that the camera can get close ups and the final product looks better (even at 50, on ENT, he was still doing this). Or getting himself into fierce shape during QL, not for vanity's sake, but because he realized that if he got injured, shooting would stop and about 100 people wouldn't work for however long it took him to recover (hence the dancing on a dislocated foot episode). SB said that his presence was required on set every single day during QL, and that he got only 4-5 days off during the whole 5-season run of the show. Yes, he's gorgeous, but it runs deep.

Every time I read or hear an interview with or about this guy, or catch any of his more obscure projects, like Luminarias (now there's a funny background story about how he got that role!) my opinion of him goes up even more. It's why I have no patience with or interest in the diva-celebrities who have more attitude and entitlement than talent.

well i said that's just what i heard, and of course he should be admired for all the time he puts into acting, i know i do, every time i see something with him in it.

and are there going to be any more MBs featuring him on agian soon?

Yes, there are. I found a couple that tvhound neglected to tell me (curse them!) and added them to my list on the last page. But there will be one tomorrow morning at 2:30am EST, and one Sunday morning at 3:00am EST.

Samantha Beckett

bluedana said:

I agree; every article I read about him makes me like him more and more. I have to admire all he's done for QL; they put him through a lot, and he went along with it. I was stunned when I learned about the dislocated foot incident, especially since I found out after seeing Private Dancer.

I've never heard of Luminarias. What's that? And what's funny about how he got the role? I'm intrigued...