View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

There were parts of this episode I liked, as with all of them.

However, it is certainly down near the bottom when I'm rating them for personal enjoyment. I don't on the whole like the 'real people' leaps, and preferred it when they stuck to the original format.

I appreciate that they can't radically change the way things actually happened (all the more reason to leave such stories alone) but this one was not even true to it's own 'altered history'.
With LHO, they took the premise that Sam saved Jackie, who they claimed originally died. Fair enough as a way to get around why Sam was there, I could buy into that.

In this story though, they suggest that originally Marilyn died at the party but Sam rushed in and saved her. He then has a discussion with Al, which suggests he saved her for 'one last film'. The film which turns out to be the one she renames "The Misfits" in honor of something he said.
Which would be fine, except that when Barbara is trying to wheedle her way in and take Marilyn's place, Al tells Sam "Originally Marilyn finished this movie, but unless you get her to rehearsals pronto, Barbara is gonna star instead" (Not the exact words, but that is the gist of it).
So which is it? Did she "originally" die before that film? Or did she "originally' finish it, and Sam's intervention by bringing Barbara into the house jeopardized it, so that in fact his Leaping in made things worse?
It niggles me, and that spoils the story for me.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote