Things we may have missed

Avilos

Project QL Intern
Nov 22, 2008
Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I figured it would be a good idea for a thread about guests and panels we may have missed. I know we all did not get to see everything. Then others who did see those panels can fill in the details.

I will start off - I only got to see part of Deborah Pratt reading her QL novel. Did she say if she has a publishing deal yet? Permission from Universal?

I missed all the panels on day one, and only saw two panels on day two (the first one, and the one with John and Brad), and of course I saw Scott and Don. So any information on what Tom missed or what I did would be helpful.

I guess that's there the DVD comes in. Is there an ETA on that?

Hey Tom, I came in when Deborah was showing some slide show presentation and then she went on to read her very rough draft start on her Quantum Leap novel. She didn't say anythhing that will answer your questions but I am assuming that because she is already a published author she has a publisher. I don't think she needs permission from Universal to write a novel but she will if she wants to make it into a movie. Personally I can't wait until she finishes the story.

I'm sure that as soon as Brian has an inkling of when the DVD Audio may come out of the convention that he'll definitely post it here on the site. Don't worry about that. He's really good about getting things out and done for us - I mean, come on... he's the Bartender! :)

I missed a few things but you know, when it comes all down to it, I'm so grateful for everything that if I missed it... it's okay. I'm soaring so high right now, I don't think that anyone can honestly bring me down.

I have taken a suggestion from Morgan and hope to get all the hours put on a disc in computer file format so that they can be watched on the computer, even if at a lower quality picture. We also want to put out a main disc with a couple of hours of highlights. All in the works - just need to find a good way to do it first.

If anyone knows a good DVD authoring company (Morgan?) that can handle something like this for relatively low cost, please send me contact info.

Well for a QL novel Deborah needs the publishing rights from Universal. I don't think that should be much of a problem though. Considering no one is currently publishing QL books.

When she is finished it would be amazing if there was an audio book. Either with a single reader or a full cast audio dramatization.

Well for a QL novel Deborah needs the publishing rights from Universal. I don't think that should be much of a problem though. Considering no one is currently publishing QL books.

When she is finished it would be amazing if there was an audio book. Either with a single reader or a full cast audio dramatization.

I'm not sure about an audio for the QL books, however, I am going to be talking with Deborah and her assistants about making The Vision Quest into a full cast audio dramatization.

I've been working with Jerry Robbins with Colonial Radio Theatre: On The Air and although we are extremely busy with what we have right now, there might be a chance... that in the future, Deborah might think of getting TVQ into drama format.

All I can say right now, is that I have talked with Deborah about it. We'll see what happens.

Right now, though, I must finish up working on one audio before I can begin working with Walter Koenig on his book Buck Alice and the Actor-Robot.

~MJ

I have taken a suggestion from Morgan and hope to get all the hours put on a disc in computer file format so that they can be watched on the computer, even if at a lower quality picture. We also want to put out a main disc with a couple of hours of highlights. All in the works - just need to find a good way to do it first.

If anyone knows a good DVD authoring company (Morgan?) that can handle something like this for relatively low cost, please send me contact info.
That is a great idea! I would love to have all the hours of the convention, even if in low quality, so I can see what I missed (and so those who weren't even there can see it all!). A highlight disc is a great idea, too!

I'm not sure about an audio for the QL books, however, I am going to be talking with Deborah and her assistants about making The Vision Quest into a full cast audio dramatization.

I've been working with Jerry Robbins with Colonial Radio Theatre: On The Air and although we are extremely busy with what we have right now, there might be a chance... that in the future, Deborah might think of getting TVQ into drama format.

All I can say right now, is that I have talked with Deborah about it. We'll see what happens.

Right now, though, I must finish up working on one audio before I can begin working with Walter Koenig on his book Buck Alice and the Actor-Robot.

~MJ

WOW!!!
TVQ in audio would be awesome.
and WOW!!!!
Working with Walter Koenig! Our MJ! I'm majorly impressed.

I asked questions to Richard Herd (Captain Galaxy) and the panel with "Frank" and "Jimmy" on it. I forgot to ask Deborah Pratt why in the world Sam would technically change his history with his wife Donna and older brother Tom, but when it came to changing history with Al and Beth, Sam cited "breaking the rules" to benefit your own life.
I always thought Sam was being awfully selfish about that.

I always wanted to ask Don Bellisario about the evolution of the leap effect. All I got out of Deborah on the podcast was that she guessed it was budget related. Did Don Bellisario even know what a leap looked like when he created Quantum Leap?

I can't believe it was just a week ago that I met Scott. I had a great time at the convention it was my first convention ever. Marc did a great job and I'll the other helpers and workers.

An odd question -
When I stood up to talk with Scott and Don, Don said that he had two questions. For the life of me, I can't remember the second question.
I know that he asked "Where in Texas are you from?" My answer: Bertram, Texas.
His daughter lived in Bourne.

So.... I can't for the life of me remember the second one. I was just too darn nervous!

Can anyone remember?

Sorry I don't remember that.

I was surprised that you did not tell Don about how you use QL to teach your students. Did you tell him about that when you got his autograph? I just thought that was very awesome to here MJ! I know Quantum Leap sparked an interest in history for me as a kid.

I do volunteer work with kids. I have thought of going back to school to become a teacher myself.

Sorry I don't remember that.

I was surprised that you did not tell Don about how you use QL to teach your students. Did you tell him about that when you got his autograph? I just thought that was very awesome to here MJ! I know Quantum Leap sparked an interest in history for me as a kid.

I do volunteer work with kids. I have thought of going back to school to become a teacher myself.

No, I didn't. :( With everything that was happening... I can barely remember. I kinda got flustered in the Q and A with Scott and Don because I mean... HELLO... look who I'm talking too.

But, what really tickled me about the whole thing and got me a little bit more relaxed, was when Marc motioned over to me and said, "Your question, ma'am." We'd talked during the weekend - and he may not have been able to recognize me from across the room. I just remember saying, "What's this ma'am stuff? When did I become ma'am?" What a memorable event when both Marc, Don and Scott all said, "Young lady."

Heehee.... Maybe it'll be on the DVD and I can find out. I just can't for the life of me... remember.

AUGH. :banghead

I have no idea why it didn't occur to me to ask until just now, but I should have asked Scott if he could still do Sam's "flying noodle kick." I taught myself how to do that kick by watching the DVDs, and I even used it to my advantage in a tournament.

Yes!

I started with Karate, but put that on the back burner and earned my black belt in TaeKwonDo first. Now I am a TKD instructor. I do intend to return to Karate and earn my black belt in that style, as well.

I am a Green belt in Judo. I have studied off and on my whole life. My Dad's a 6th degree Black Belt. One of the highest ranked in the state of Wisconsin.

I have been meaning to branch out into another Martial Art. To everybody in Judo around here I am just "Dick's son". Casts kind of a big shadow, if you know what I mean?

I just tried a introductory Tai Chi class which lasted only for 8 weeks. It was interesting. But focused more on breathing and medication techniques.

I totally understand what you mean about "big shadow."

I have a friend who teaches Tai Chi. He wants me to join his class, but I teach two evenings a week, take Hei Wado (yet another Karate style) two evenings a week, and work three evenings a week.

I would love to take Judo. My husband took Judo for a while (years ago), and he has a great story about how he fell in the street, but didn't get hurt because he knew how to fall. I haven't found any Judo classes in my area, though.

That is great that a Judo fall protected your husband.

One of the things my Dad always says in Judo demonstrations is that most people get hurt in falls because they are embarrassed. They stick their arm out to stop their fall. Worrying that someone will see them! Which is what causes broken arms and wrists. That is why knowing how to absorb the shock in a fall is so important.

That's exactly why my husband didn't get hurt. He turned his ankle, knew he was going down, and didn't try to fight it. He just tucked, rolled, stood back up, and continued across the street. A guy on the other side of the street thought that was so neat, he asked if Tom (my husband lol) would do that again. He said no thanks.

MJ, be happy that you got to ask Scott and Don a question at all. The group of us over on the far left had a hard time getting Marc's attention to grab the mic. The woman from Australia next to me nearly smacked Marc upside the head for not getting to us.

I was playing with Marc, he knows I still love him.

I have forgiven him for not letting me ask my question but I am still casting evil eyes at him for allowing the Panavision jacket's bid to go so high. When it went for over $1000 Australian I had to pull out.

Actually Marc I forgive you for that too, afterall I ended up getting a nice fleecy Murphy Brown jacket for ten times less from Jay's stockpile.

Since Marc lives in Orlando, he can bug Universal Studios daily to put in a Quantum Leap attraction at the park. Perhaps, Project Quantum Leap for the actual attraction and then Al's Place for dining.