Movie and TV moments!

Who can forget the classics? "Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi", for example: "Luke, I'm your father!," or "E. T.", the last 10, 15 minutes of it, or the shower scene in "Psycho" (and the ending, too), or the train moment in "Stand By Me", or "Heeere's Johnny!" from "The Shining", or the first episode of "ALF", or the last scenes from "The Terminator", or "Hasta la vista, baby!" from "Terminator 2", or even the first appearance of Freddy Krueger in "A Nightmare On Elm Street" (now it's become a big cliché, but it's still very good for a horror fan). The jump rope song comes to mind, too... Man, too many to name! But very memorable moments altogether.

Others include "The Birds", "Christine", "Rear Window", and who can forget the first zombie from "Night Of The Living Dead", or the way that movie ended? Wow!

Ohboy - what a great cartoon!

I hope I don't get a kickboxed to the head here.

But why does night terrors message say (deleted)?

What does that mean?

Sorry for asking. I don't mean bad here.

I'm just curious cause thats the first I've seen this happen on this site.

Just found another classic moment of mine:

Sidekicks.
When the teacher pretends to be drunk and 'accidentally' beats up the bad guys while serving them food :)

love that movie, it had such a good influence on me. Made me walk to school too :)

What does that mean?

In this format it simply means that Night Terror changed his mind about his post and deleted it.
Sometimes the mods will go in and completely remove a deleted post just to tidy the thread up, which is why you may not have seen it before.
Mods can also delete other people's posts if they are deemed to be inappropriate such as flaming or bad language, but thankfully we don't often get that here.
Hope this answers your question.

What does that mean?

Oh, that's because I was asking you what "it's fat Albert!" meant, but then I googled it and I think it has something to do with the Bill Cosby show, therefore I deleted my post. Sadly, I never saw anything related to Bill Cosby.

was the Bill Cosby show a sitcom?
It's the only one I remember watching. It was awesome though!
There's the pilot of The Cosby Show. Already the show was memorable just being on the air, because it was sit-com with a black family who weren’t at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder. At the end of the pilot, Cliff (Bill Cosby) has a conversation with his son, Theo (Malcolm Jamal-Warner), over Theo’s abysmal grades. Theo launches into this earnest, touchy-feely speech about how maybe this is the best he can do, and perhaps his folks should stop comparing him to his siblings and accept him and love him for who he is, not for who they want him to be.

The studio audience (it was taped live) goes: Awwww, and starts applauding.

Cliff waits a beat, then says: THAT is the DUMBEST thing I have EVER heard!

The audience is so shocked, it immediately bursts into laughter and applause. Cliff goes on to basically ground Theo for his bad grades.
It was memorable because you knew that this show wasn’t going to be your normal smart-aleck kids/dumb parents routine.

I found it really well written and thought through as well. Being a non American kid (at the time) I didn't know that it was unusual for the family to be portrayed as black and wealthy, I saw it as totally normal. I simply enjoyed the amazingly touching and funny interaction. I think Bill Cosby must be a truely kind-hearted person :) I really loved the feel of the show. it just made me happy :)

Geez I feel like such a dill!

I'm so sorry everyone for being silly here :(

Fat albert is a cartoon with bill cosby - sorry night terror

I can be silly alot of the time - sorry

:(

Ohboy thanks for the nice comment - appreciate it :)

Thanks for the answers everyone :)

Come on, Angvav! Don't be so hard on yourself, you don't have to explain everything. You don't always have to spell everything out for us, either. It's not your obligation. That's why we have many search engines like google or yahoo. I'm gonna be honest with you here. I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but the only times when you really look a bit silly is when you say that you're "being silly." It's cool, man. What's there to feel silly about? People can read between lines, as I'm sure you can, too. Silly just because you're speaking up your mind in a forum full of people just like you (fans of QL)? Come on, man, drop that "I'm silly" thing. You're not. Nobody here is. Self-pity is bad, even when it's faked.

You are right about that.

I don't know why, I have a tendency to explain myself alot!

Definitely my worst trait.

Interesting you said what you did.

Because friends I have - have said similar to what you just did.

Also that explaining myself is not a very nice trait to have.

Do you really think self pity is bad?

How interesting! Alot of people think that.

Thanks for your nice words.

:)

Don't worry, Angvav. Just like Night Terror said, nobody thinks bad of you for asking questions. We all have questions at time, and as somebody studying to be a teacher, I've found that questions are good because you end up learning new (and sometimes useful) knowledge.

I've visited several Internet sites and forums on the Internet, and have even joined a few. I would say that Al's Place has one of the nicest group of people on the Internet. You are not "a dill". Rather, you're a smart person who just wants clarification on a point, which most people are happy to provide. Think about it. If one is talking on a subject, he probably likes to talk about the subject, and would love to answer the question because he would continue to talk about the subject. Besides, if someone was being rude to you if you asked a question, he wouldn't last long here, right? So, if have a question, just ask. No apologies, no degrading yourself. Alright, Angvav? :)

As for the "explaining yourself" part; I don't really know what is being meant by that, so I'm not commenting on that.

By the way, to get back on topic, anybody seen The Drew Carey Show. That had a lot of memorable moments to it.

Don't worry, Angvav. Just like Night Terror said, nobody thinks bad of you for asking questions. We all have questions at time, and as somebody studying to be a teacher, I've found that questions are good because you end up learning new (and sometimes useful) knowledge.

I've visited several Internet sites and forums on the Internet, and have even joined a few. I would say that Al's Place has one of the nicest group of people on the Internet. You are not "a dill". Rather, you're a smart person who just wants clarification on a point, which most people are happy to provide. Think about it. If one is talking on a subject, he probably likes to talk about the subject, and would love to answer the question because he would continue to talk about the subject. Besides, if someone was being rude to you if you asked a question, he wouldn't last long here, right? So, if have a question, just ask. No apologies, no degrading yourself. Alright, Angvav? :)

As for the "explaining yourself" part; I don't really know what is being meant by that, so I'm not commenting on that.

By the way, to get back on topic, anybody seen The Drew Carey Show. That had a lot of memorable moments to it.

Actually - explaining myself isn't exactly the best wording to use here.

Degrading or looking down on myself would be better terms to use if that makes sense.

Absolutely right ohboy.

I can see everyone is more than nice on this site.

Clarifying things is exactly what I'm trying to do. You hit the nail on the head there.

:)

Just don't worry ANG,
Try this a few times: think the 'maybe I'm silly' if you must, but don't write it down. See what happens. See, I think the 'maybe I'm silly' a lot, too. Sometimes I write a clarification and then erase it, because I realize it's really not needed. And it isn't. Just don't worry about it and have fun. :)

Another timeless movie moment in MULAN
possible spoiler for the few who don't know it, mark below to read.
The sequence which ends with her taking her dad's sword and armor and riding out. This is sooo cool. All those really meaningful details.
And the music is perfect ... well almost.
And her grandma sensed it and woke up. Wow.