View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
He met her at Star Bright I somehow thought. Does he mention that to Al perhaps in Star Crossed?
You are correct. In Star Crossed when they first enter the Rathskellar Sam is watching young Donna work and reminiscing to Al about how they met at Star Bright when she was about to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
His shyness around Donna was also heavily exaggerated. We're supposed to believe that Donna is the love of his life though The Leap Back was not able to back that up in their less than 45 minutes screen time. So he would be a lot more open with her than with everyone else.
Interesting, because from what you've described, in the same novel he meets her in a bar and has sex with her that night. Which seems to contradict him being extremely shy with her. And I agree that seems out of character. I also agree with you that he would be open with Donna. I find Sam to be pretty open with people in general, so certainly he would be moreso with a woman he's intimate with, particularly the love of his life (if we accept that she is the love of his life - in my opinion the show's writers tell us this but never show it (and even refute it) ).

Admittedly I haven't read this novel yet, so my comments about it are just based on the descriptions I've read here.