Silly Question!

angvav

Temporary Account
I know this is going to be a dumb question here.

And I'd get funny looks by everyone.

And that's fair enough.

The only reason I ask this is out of curiosity, I guess. And cause of one thread I saw a while ago, where everyone was telling a bit about themselves.

To try to get to know each other.

Do any people in this site actually know each other?

Met each other? Know each other by name?

Sorry for all the silly questions, I just thought it would cool if that were the case!

Not that there's anything wrong if this weren't the case!

:)

And that's fair enough.

The only reason I ask this is out of curiosity, I guess. And cause of one thread I saw a while ago, where everyone was telling a bit about themselves.

Met each other? Know each other by name?

Sorry for all the silly questions, I just thought it would cool if that were the case!

Not that there's anything wrong if this weren't the case!

:)

It's not a silly question. :)

Well, my name is Damon. I live in New York, and as such, have met "Gelf" (Gelfling1220), who is also a fellow New Yorker, twice before (although I'm not sure she's been around here on the board lately). I do know her real name, but out of respect for her anonymity, I've kept it to myself. To my knowledge, only a select few know her real identity, and she prefers it that way.

I've also met Clara (Clara5) and Mike (MikeKraken), both of whom hail from Canada. Mike and I were actually together with a bunch of his friends in Times Square several years back.

And although we have never officially met in person, MJ (QLDamsel) and I have talked on the phone numerous times over the years and have what I guess you could call a sort of "sister-brother" relationship. :)

Wow thank you for the answer Damon :)

Well if anyone doesn't know already I'm Ang :)

I will state again so I'm hopefully not misunderstood :)

I was just kinda curious because some people have used this site a while now!

And was curious as to whether people also became good friends or just get to know each other better :)

I haven't met anyone face to face, but I have developed social relationships with a few of the members. Me and Jassian edit/review each other's items that need editing/reviewing. Me and Systemcat work together on the Buck Rogers website. However, everything with anybody is over the internet, which I'm perfectly happy with. If somebody on the forum lived in the same town that I did, I would see if they wanted to meet for lunch sometime, though.

It's not a silly question. :)

Well, my name is Damon. I live in New York, and as such, have met "Gelf" (Gelfling1220), who is also a fellow New Yorker, twice before (although I'm not sure she's been around here on the board lately). I do know her real name, but out of respect for her anonymity, I've kept it to myself. To my knowledge, only a select few know her real identity, and she prefers it that way.

I've also met Clara (Clara5) and Mike (MikeKraken), both of whom hail from Canada. Mike and I were actually together with a bunch of his friends in Times Square several years back.

And although we have never officially met in person, MJ (QLDamsel) and I have talked on the phone numerous times over the years and have what I guess you could call a sort of "sister-brother" relationship. :)

Wow, I am from New York also though I hail from the Rochester area.

I'm afraid I haven't met anyone face-to-face yet. Leaper1 and I chat on YIM quite frequently. She's also been kind enough to look over some of my works and fan fics.

I have briefly met Mikey when he came over to England from Canada.
I used to have annual QL fests with SueJBakula who was once a frequent poster here but sadly circumstances took her away.
I have also been lucky enough to meet Emma, Leapcon organiser extraordinaire, on a number of occassions.
I chat with quite a few QL fans on IM, and would love to meet more face-to-face.
I'm hoping I'll get the chance to do so in London in July when we all go to meet Scott.

I am Engaged to Mrs Questionmark, so I should know her. :roflmao:

Have met Sparkie Clarkie.

talked to a few people from here on msn

and talked via skype to Bexter.

If there are nicer people than these - I have yet to meet them

they on the other hand probably see me as
:cheers :wacko 8o :nut

And that's fair enough.

Met each other? Know each other by name? .... :)

My name is Eleiece and I live very near New Orleans, Louisiana. I've made many wonderful friends here. I chat online (usually during my lunch break at work...when I don't have to run errands on my break...with Helen (leaper1)...but not near enough...a point on which we both agree! :roflmao:), and I've chatted with Damon (Dman) and Mike (MikeKraken) many times, too, as well as many other wondeful people. I have also personally met Brian Green (Al's Place Bartender), MJ (QL Damsel), Kat (Katherine) Freymuth (Capt. Jules) and Jennie (McDuck). Jennie and I used to attend the same church, and I know MJ's house almost as well as I know my own! (When I fled from Hurricane Katrina, I went to MJ's house). Kat, MJ and Jennie and I have also co-written several Quantum Leap stories for The Virtual Seasons.

A shared love and enjoyment of Quantum Leap has brought so many wonderful and precious new friends into my life, and as my signature says, there's always room for new friends. :)

Eleiece

My name is Eleiece and I live very near New Orleans, Louisiana. I've made many wonderful friends here. I chat online (usually during my lunch break at work...when I don't have to run errands on my break...with Helen (leaper1)...but not near enough...a point on which we both agree! :roflmao:)

A shared love and enjoyment of Quantum Leap has brought so many wonderful and precious new friends into my life, and as my signature says, there's always room for new friends. :)

Eleiece

Indeed, E, our lunchtime chats are far far too short!

I must say errowyn - I love the avater you use :)

Did you make it yourself?

Thanks, I got it eons ago though I can't remember where. I'm afraid I don't know the maker but if I ever find out I'll be sure to pass it along.

From what original work do you base your fan fiction on, Errowyn?

I write a lot of different little things such as Quantum Leap, Star Trek, Titanic and other fandoms. I'm a historical and sci-fi freak.

I've been working on my own historical novel recently.