QL Fanfilm Underway!

Someone who worked as hard as he did so that the fans could have an enjoyable time at the convention deserves the best wishes and/or prayers of the Quantum Leap community. You certainly have both of mine.

Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to say a BIG “thank you” to all of you for the kind e-mails and thoughts shared over the recent loss of my mother. I really appreciated reading all the sweet thoughts on here, and it meant a lot. It seems like I just got back from Leapback that I had to turn around and deal with losing my only remaining parent in less than one year.

So many thanks to all of you, and I’m sorry I’ve been away from my newly made friends here.

Anyway, I’ve been busy promoting my last two films, and buying our first house. It’s been up and down… but good.

My son Samuel is growing and growing, and we’re glad he has a new home to crawl around in!!

So, back to our fanfilm… there is a wonderful review posted at Fan Cinema Today. This guy LOVED it, and I was so happy to see he did. (He also loved Star Trek vs. Batman too!) Here is the link!! :roflmao:

Dave (the President) and I talked just today, and of course, we are still glowing from our Burbank trip. Wow… what a fantastic trip we all had. Even the 14 hours we spent re-constructing the Control Panel and singing Johnny Cash songs… it was so much fun!

Thanks again, everyone!

Chris

Hey Chris,
I'm glad things are settling down for you, it has been a bitter-sweet past 12 months, birth, deaths, fan-film, a trip to Hollywood, and buying a house, you know how to pack it in. Anyway congrats on all the great reviews you are getting, and thanks for sharing this latest one.
Take care, Marissa.

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to pass along that GENCON has invited us to participate in this year’s Con in downtown Indy. I was THRILLED, especially considering this event draws in 28,000 folks from around the world. I was honored that they approached me, and asked that it be screened. Very cool!!

For those unfamiliar with what GenCon is, its a gaming convention that visits Indianapolis every year and attracts, on average, 28,000 people.

Ironic back-story: We were shooting QL last year during GenCon, and had many fun sound issues with THAT! HAHA

I’ll announce the dates and schedules as soon as they notify me.

Thanks everyone!

Chris :)

Hey Chris! It has been a while since you release A Leap to Di for to the internet. It has taken me this long to be able to watch it. I have to give you a big thumbs up on a job well done. Your whole cast and crew did an excellent job and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the video. It felt like I was actually watching an episode of the regular series. Now a few questions. Will you be following this up with another Quantum Leap film or is it just the one shot? Also, would you consider doing a Sliders fanfilm? That is another classic series that I am sure you would get great reviews if you were to do a film on that series. Just a wondering.

Hey Jaycol!

Thanks for watching it! I appreciate the kind words, and the time it took to watch. As my mom used to say, that’s “time you can’t get back”. I appreciate it.

No, this was a one-time shoot unfortunately. I wanted to make a modest series out of it, but I axed that idea after Leapback.

I never considered Sliders as a fanfilm, but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out. Actually, I’m researching a Batman--The Dark Knight fanfilm as our next project, but am not sure. As we all know, fanfilms don’t put food on the table and since I have a nice new mortgage and 10 month old son, it maybe some time before I shoot that. I don’t know just yet.

But as for “Leap to Di For”, there was a great interview with Chelsea Rogers who played our Princess Diana over at “Diana Remembered” fan site. You can read it here. It’s rather good!

Thanks everyone!

When I click the interview link I get the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
- <response>
<error>3</error>

<message>Missing URL</message>

</response>

Is it just me??

When I click the interview link I get the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
- <response>
<error>3</error>

<message>Missing URL</message>

</response>

Is it just me??

Nope not just you - I get the error message too.

Brian,

Thanks for fixing that. Sorry for the bad link kiddos. My bad. As you all can see, its few and far between that I can get back to this site regularly for fun and giggles.

I'll try to get updates as far as our GENCON showings, but as of yet, I have not received any preview/screen times yet.

We're still averaging about 200 hits a day for the flick, which is impressive!!

Thanks again, everyone!!

Just wanted you guys to know that our fan-flick has been invited to be screened at The New England Fan Experience, alongside our other popular fanfilm, Star Trek vs. Batman. What makes this Con so exciting is that LEONARD NIMOY and JOHN DELANCIE are confirmed guests at this Con!!

What’s even BETTER is that they both will be receiving DVD’S to both films in their gift baskets, and I’m told I’ll even get to meet both guys!! So I’ll be handing them two copies of each, one for their gift baskets AND one in person.

This is VERY cool news, and I am very happy to share it along with all of you.

A Leap To Di For played last weekend at GENCON here in Indianapolis, and had a so-so turnout. Nothing to really write home about.

We also announced production of our new fanfilm, a Dark Knight/Batman project called Fall of Gotham. Its very cool. We got Beth Horn’s co-star from NBC's American Gladiator, Jamie Reed to play Wonder Woman!! You can read about it here!!

Thanks everybody!!

BTW, Brian-- did you get the DVD I sent you?

Chris
:)

I am not a fan of "fan films" as I don't see the point of making something based on already established product. The possibility of making something truly new and groundbreaking is too good an opportunity to miss. Also the idea of having said fan film be Quantum Leap but without the original actors is the biggest mistake a person could make. Even being British I was never affected by the death of Princess Diana although I know her to have done a lot of good work for important causes her death was over-mourned and as a result a great amount of her message was lost. Also people forgot her human side which was swept away in favour of this image the press created.

So wasn't a fan of A Leap To Die For...

UNTIL I WATCHED IT!

Acting was excellent. (Sorry for not knowing names guys!) Sam was almost note perfect but it took a little while for me to warm to the new Al. The story was brilliant and the ending even left a little tear in my eye. I got goosebumps at the opening and the idea of how the Project had been maintained since Mirror Image was SO well written. Everything about this project was so smartly executed. I was speechless.

I know it was budgetary no doubt but I had to chuckle at how the majority was set in just the hotel. Haha. But to maintain that AND still craft the story was superb.

Congratulations on this film. It continued the QL tradition and respected the show, it's fanbase AND logic. Everyone involved should be given a medal (or TV show deal). All the best to the creators in their future works.

Just wanted you guys to know that our fan-flick has been invited to be screened at The New England Fan Experience, alongside our other popular fanfilm, Star Trek vs. Batman. What makes this Con so exciting is that LEONARD NIMOY and JOHN DELANCIE are confirmed guests at this Con!!

What’s even BETTER is that they both will be receiving DVD’S to both films in their gift baskets, and I’m told I’ll even get to meet both guys!! So I’ll be handing them two copies of each, one for their gift baskets AND one in person.

This is VERY cool news, and I am very happy to share it along with all of you.

A Leap To Di For played last weekend at GENCON here in Indianapolis, and had a so-so turnout. Nothing to really write home about.

We also announced production of our new fanfilm, a Dark Knight/Batman project called Fall of Gotham. Its very cool. We got Beth Horn’s co-star from NBC's American Gladiator, Jamie Reed to play Wonder Woman!! You can read about it here!!

Thanks everybody!!

BTW, Brian-- did you get the DVD I sent you?

*grins* It's nice to know that the film's really getting around! And Nimoy... boy am I jealous!

Oh, and I love the Batman idea... The universe Nolan created is just so darkly fascinating; waiting for a third film (assuming there is one) is a pain. This could make the wait bearable!

I finally made it on IMDB.com! I checked ages ago and I was on the German version for A Leap to Di For. Recently, I googled myself and what a surprise to find I was on the real IMDB! I don't think I will pay the money to update my profile but it's nice to see my name. Thanks Chris.

Thanks for the compliments, TheCpn! I appreciate your kind words and making you a believer! :)

And glad I could get you on IMDB, Marissa! Actually, you made that possible by believing in us, and all of us are grateful. Thank you so much! But yes, my IMDB rating went through the roof upon our recent annoucement, so that's good too!

I'll have lots of news as we approach Boston's screening, which is fantastic!! I can't believe it!

And yes LadyKayoss, I am THRILLED about going into the realm of the Dark Knight! LIke our 'Quantum Leap' show, this too has another star from the American Gladiator show!! How cool is that!

Thanks for all the support and kind words, folks!!

I STILL miss Leapback, even after nearly six months. What a great time we all had!!!

Hey guys,

Not a "real" movie update as it is a human update... but Dave Briggs, my co-producer and the President from 'Lead to Di For' had surgery this AM to remove two cancerous growths from his kidney. The kidney was saved and he's recuperating nicely tonight. Just talked to him a couple of hours ago, and he's already wanting to talk about our new film.

I sat with him tonight for about 1/2 hour as he slept. He looks great.

Full body scan showed no spread, so thank GOD for that.

But please keep Dave in your thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks as the recovery will be uphill I'm sure. I'm thankful he has our films to look forward to... that really helps him mend.

If anyone wants to send flowers or your love, please let me know. I know he made many friends at Leapback when we were there.

Chris

Hey guys,

Not a "real" movie update as it is a human update... but Dave Briggs, my co-producer and the President from 'Lead to Di For' had surgery this AM to remove two cancerous growths from his kidney. The kidney was saved and he's recuperating nicely tonight. Just talked to him a couple of hours ago, and he's already wanting to talk about our new film.

I sat with him tonight for about 1/2 hour as he slept. He looks great.

Full body scan showed no spread, so thank GOD for that.

But please keep Dave in your thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks as the recovery will be uphill I'm sure. I'm thankful he has our films to look forward to... that really helps him mend.

If anyone wants to send flowers or your love, please let me know. I know he made many friends at Leapback when we were there.

Chris
I wasn't fortunate enough to attend Leapback and so haven't met Dave or your good self. Nevertheless, he will be in my prayers. Please send him my good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Chris, please send my best wishes and love on to Dave. I pray he has a quick and full recovery. Will he be having chemotherapy or radiation as a follow up to ensure no further spread of the cancer cells?

Thanks Marissa, Dave is doing wonderful. He's home and in great spirits. Talked with him tonight as we had many laughs, and of course, talked about how much fun we had in LA for Leapback. *Whew* Glad he's okay, and everything worked out so good. He also added that he hasn't had to take one pain pill since being home! I thought that was fantastic!!

Marissa, are you friends with Dave on Facebook? I can send a link if you'd like!

Take care, and thanks for all the kind regards. Dave sends his thanks and love!

Fantastic, thanks!! I've been anxiously awaiting a DVD quality release of it.

If anyone has any questions on how to download this, please feel free to ask. The software I use is Vuze (formerly Azureus) but there are many other such BitTorrent clients as well.

P.S. Not everyone has access to TPB. I think you can post the tracker file as an Attachment here on the forums if there is no objection. The file itself is just 12KB.

Hey folks,

For you bit torrent users out there, I uploaded our DVD just now. Its the same DVD we screened at Leapback. Its FREE BABY!!!

The file is an ISO file, so if you need help figuring that out, let me know.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5129545/Quantum_Leap__A_Leap_To_Di_For_(DVD_-_ISO)
Chris,

First I hope all is well with you. I know you have had a turbulent year.

I've got this Torrent file you've provided but so far I have not been able to download any of the DVD. The problem is nobody is "Seeding" it (offering files).

For those who don't know, BitTorrent is a protocol, a way of sharing files between computers. Instead of Chris putting the huge DVD files on his website and letting people download, which would cost him a huge amount of money, instead we can distribute this file through the network of anyone running a BitTorrent program and sharing this file.

So for this to get out there, I hope folks will download a program like µTorrent or Vuze and download the Torrent file and leave uTorrent or Vuze running so the file will get distributed.

I've attached the Torrent file here:

Attachments

• Quantum_Leap__A_Leap_To_Di_For_(DVD_-_ISO).5129545.TPB.torrent
    12.7 KB · Views: 5