The Ultimate Quiz Of Ultimate Destiny

Okay...sooo....

1. He is an actor famous in the realm of SciFi having played a key role in a movie developed from a short story by a famous SciFi Author. This author wrote the screenplay for the movie in conjunction with a very cool director.

2. He starred in a fairly short lived SciFi TV show in the early to mid 70's which was created by another famous Sci-fi author.

3. He played in a made for TV movie with an actor who played a Vulcan on Enterprise with Scott Bakula.

Who is he? Bonus points for naming the shows, authors, director, and the Vulcan actor.

EDIT POST: Made the questions a little more clearer.

Last edited:
Clues

I thought this would be a shoo in for Sci Fi fans...so...new clues.

1. His character had a problem with a computer with a personality in the movie.

2. The famous Sci-Fi author that created the TV show in the 70's was on the picket lines with Scott Bakula recently

3. The Vulcan from ENT was Ambassador Soval

(Any guesses????)

asearcher said:
I thought this would be a shoo in for Sci Fi fans...so...new clues.

2. The famous Sci-Fi author that created the TV show in the 70's was on the picket lines with Scott Bakula recently

3. The Vulcan from ENT was Ambassador Soval

(Any guesses????)

I've been scratchin' my noggin over this one for a few days and kinda thought I knew but wasn't sure enough to venture a guess....but I will now. *g*

Would this guy be Gary Graham?

Eleiece

Well...the Vulcan was played by Gary Graham...but the clue was...

3. He played in a made for TV movie with an actor who played a Vulcan on Enterprise with Scott Bakula.

So...the person I'm looking for was in that made for TV movie WITH Gary Graham.

asearcher said:
Well...the Vulcan was played by Gary Graham...but the clue was...

So...the person I'm looking for was in that made for TV movie WITH Gary Graham.

Ah well, then I don't have a clue! I will be most curious to ultimately find out who this person is. :)

Eleiece

Okay then...another clue...

From the lyrics of Jimmy Buffet's "Fruitcakes"

We're seven years from the millenium
Thats a science fiction fact
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and his buddy _ _ _
Now dont look that abstract

Solve that and you'll likely be able to get the first clue and the rest of it.

asearcher said:

It was this clue that, er, clued me in, after a serious "Duh!" moment. The move is 2001: A Space Odyssey. The director is Stanley Kubrick, the author of the original story was Arthur C. Clarke, the other author mentioned who was on the picket lines with Scott was Harlan Ellison. And the actor? Well, after a night spent stewing this over, I couldn't remember his name and had to break down and look it up a the IMDb. And the actor is: Keir Dullea.

A Winner!

LadyKayoss said:
It was this clue that, er, clued me in, after a serious "Duh!" moment. The move is 2001: A Space Odyssey. The director is , the author of the original story was Arthur C. Clarke, the other author mentioned who was on the picket lines with Scott was Harlan Ellison. And the actor? Well, after a night spent stewing this over, I couldn't remember his name and had to break down and look it up a the IMDb. And the actor is: Keir Dullea.

YEAH!!!!! DING DING DING!!!!! We have a WINNER! Now you get to choose a question.

The Lyrics to the Buffett song...

We're seven years from the millenium
Thats a science fiction fact
Stanley Kubrick and his buddy HAL
Now don't look that abstract

The short story that Clarke wrote was "The Sentinel." The concept was later rewritten in novel form as 2001: A Space Odyssey which was then turned into a screenplay by Clarke and Kubrick.

The Sci-Fi TV show that Harlan Ellison created in the 70's was The Starlost

The Made for TV Movie with Gary Graham was Nowhere to Hide (not to be confused with Bakula's Nowhere to Run.)

asearcher said:
YEAH!!!!! DING DING DING!!!!! We have a WINNER! Now you get to choose a question.

I do? Rats. I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, and I might not even get online again until after the holidays.

LadyKayoss said:
I do? Rats. I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, and I might not even get online again until after the holidays.

No offence.. but ask a question! The suspense is killing me! :hair

BTW: Remember the 2-3 day 'No answer' rule? We may have to bump up the next question....

My apologies for stopping the game. I've been offline for awhile, thanks to a blizzard that kept me away from the internet. Egads, the withdrawal... I've also been frazzled searching for a job and haven't even thought of a question. So please, continue on without me; at the moment, I couldn't think of anything more intelligent than asking who the stars of QL are, anyway. :( Next time I participate, I'll make sure I have a question handy!

Ok, in the interests of getting this moving again...

Stars of Quantum Leap eh?

Would that be Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell by any chance? :p

And to continue...

Which Quantum Leap alumni had a role in the Gary Sinise version of "Of Mice and Men"?

Did two shows

Richard Riehle

Play It Again, Seymour - Lt. Lannon
Leaping Without a Net - Clifford Vargas

asearcher said:
Richard Riehle

Play It Again, Seymour - Lt. Lannon
Leaping Without a Net - Clifford Vargas

Ok, technically correct, Helen, so you get the next question, but it was not actually Richard I was thinking of.

For a bonus point, the one I was referring to also had a recurring role in a series with Chuck Norris.

Then that would be Nobel Willingham who played the Grand Dragon in Justice and a recurring role of C.D. Parker in Walker, Texas Ranger.

OK...for the question...

HMMMMMMM>>>>>>

Ok...what major motion picture (made in 1989 but first released in January 1990) was eeirly familiar (e.g. basic plot) to a first season QL episode?

Ding, Ding, Ding....

Close enough. The answer was, "Driving Miss Daisy" which was eerily familar to "Color of Truth." The QL episode came out BEFORE the movie did.

Your turn Bexter.

ok my question!!!
What 2 actors guest starred in 2 seperate star trek movies then went on to star in a succesful series (non star trek related) together.

Extra Points for: the Star Trek movies, and the name of the series!!

Ok, here's a guess. It's a long shot, but they were in the show together. Don't know if it counts as starring.
James Cromwell was Zefram Cochrane in Star Trek: First Contact and played Phillip Bauer in 24.
Alan Dale played Praetor Hiren in Star Trek: Nemesis and played Vice President Prescott in 24.

How did I do?

Not quite, but excellent anyway! The 2 actors I am referring too were main stars of this series, the series ran from 1996 and I think finished last year. Just a hint, one of the movies was the first movie!!

Ah, in that case, it's Stephen Collins (Decker Unit in TMP) and Catherine Hicks (Dr. Gillian Taylor in TVH). Both were in 7th heaven as Rev Eric Camden and Annie Camden.
The hints helped a lot :)

Ok. How many roads must a... no that's no good. Too easy.

Right then.

Another Star Trek themed one. Which two actors played opposite each other in an episode of Star Trek, and a recent movie about mutants.
Bonus for the character names and episode name in Star Trek.

michaelg said:
Ok, .
Alan Dale played Praetor Hiren in Star Trek: Nemesis and played Vice President Prescott in 24.

Alan Dale? Is he the Aussie guy that started in Neighbours and now seems to make at least one appearance in every american series ever written?

Yes I just looked up imdb and it is, my goodness that mans going to rival Eddie Everywhere soon!!! I can't beleive he was in 24 as well.