View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
iMonrey
Waiting Room Visitor

While this was a pretty decent episode, it's one that makes me understand why ratings were beginning to drop by the fourth season. There's a formula to this show and after awhile it starts to get a little stale. This feels like sort of a throw-away episode, another that seems like it could have taken place in almost any given time, so it doesn't really utilize the time-traveling premise of the show in a satisfactory manner, with the exception of the hysterical mirror image of Sam with the wild 80s hair.

Also, if I recall correctly, in the fourth season QL was on against something else that turned out to be more popular, although I'm hard-pressed to remember what it was. I had a co-worker who watched QL and she stopped right around Season 4 because she and her husband started watching whatever it was up against because they decided they liked it better. So I think even long-term fans were beginning to tire of the show a little by this time.

Whenever Sam's mission is to save someone from dying, there's very little suspense to it aside from how they get to that point, because 9 out of 10 times you know Sam is going to save that person. I was never really worried Laura or Kyle would get killed, so it's just an episode where you kind of sit back and watch to see how it all plays out. Not exactly edge-of-your-seat stuff.