View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #13
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_enigma
I'm not necessarily suggesting that it was related to love, just that when Sam did mind merge he often had feelings for the person the leapee loved, such as in the case of all the men in Abigail's life. Also, it wasn't necessarily always caused by trauma or mental instability. There were times when it was, such as in Evil Leaper II and Dreams, but not always.
Name me a time when it wasn't because I'm at a loss. If you're gonna name Billy Jean and Larry Statton, I disagree. That was psychical trauma, stress on the body.

Quote:
In Liberation there's a scene where Sam gets kind of obsessive about the mushrooms he's making for the party - that seemed like Sam absorbing some of his host's concerns to me.
Or a concern that it was a setback to his success in keeping the marriage in tact.

Quote:
Sometimes it was unclear. Sam's feelings for Diane McBride for example could've been his own, or they could've been her husband's feelings bleeding over into him, or it could've been a little bit of both.
It is a slight possibility but I personally disagree. It was always pretty clear when he was mind merging.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote