View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 AM   #14
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
You seem to be forgetting that the mind merging concept is not random nor is it related to love. It's caused by trauma (emotional or physical) or mental instability. Though I have no idea what Will Kinman's excuse was there were a lot of unrealistic and senseless elements throughout Trilogy. Not to mention season five directly broke every rule at some point.
Would it have been interesting here? Absolutely but it just wouldn't have fit with the rules of the concept.
That's not true, in just about every episode, Sam plays the character a little differently, suggesting that he always absorbs a little bit of the leapee.

Quote:
I'll honestly say that percents were one of my weakest points in Math but the chance of the modified retrieval program being successful was 9.6%, so isn't that the lower number?
The chance of the modified retrieval program being successful was 12%...

Quote:
Name me a time when it wasn't because I'm at a loss. If you're gonna name Billy Jean and Larry Statton, I disagree. That was psychical trauma, stress on the body.
What about in "Private Dancer" where he knew how to dance like a stripper despite never learning how? He had a "What the Hell am I doing?" look on his face at the time...

I suggest you listen to all of the Quantum Leap Podcast, in each episode they make note of where it seems like Sam has absorbed a bit of the leapee.