View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
Actually some don't see it as his body doing the leaping but I'm with you, I firmly believe it is and that it's more than clearly displayed throughout the series. Some fans however choose to believe that it's his soul. Ashley McConnell's novels portray this.
Well, the fact that Sam conceived a child with his DNA pretty much seals the body-leaping theory. But even if you ignore Season 5 the fact that Sam could see when he leaped into a blind man backs up the body leaping theory as early as the beginning of Season 2 in my opinion, as does the fact that Sam had burn marks on his temples from the shock therapy in 'The Leap Back'. But even if you go with the soul-leaping theory leaping itself is stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
Granted I'd forgotten about Dr. Ruth but once again season five broke all the rules, the leapee herself broke the rules. Dr. Ruth is a real life celebrity. By far the best of the famous figure leaps for the record.
Season 5 is still part of the canon, whether some of us dislike what they did or not. But Lightning McQueenie gave Season 3's 'Private Dancer' as a good example outside of Season 5. Also in Season 3, in 'Runaway' Sam picked up Butchie's body language (note the scene where he is standing next to the leapee's mother while she talks to her old boyfriend - he's shifting and fidgeting the way a kid that age would). It wasn't always as blatant as it was in episodes like 'Dreams'.