Gr8 Article - Why some TVDVD's r not getin further seasons released

Kal-El

Project QL Intern
Nov 3, 2005
See below link

http://www.homemediaretailing.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=9257

OR - this summary & editorial comment by TVshowsonDVD

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5868

As to why studios stop releasing seasons of certain TV DVD's. The answer is obvious - low sales. But TVshowsonDVD make a great editorial comment that "fans" end up "cutting their nose to spite their face" buy refusing to buy "best of" or music replacement DVD's.

Lucky it hasn't happened to QL (yet...season 5 is still coming - hopefully!)

I know how this feels...

I sincerely hope they release Season 2 - Volume 2 of Gargoyes, but due to lower-than-expected sales of the Volume 1, they might not even release it :(

It's really too bad because Season 1 sold really well (guess why? it was cheaper! There were only 13 eps compared to s2 vol. 1, which had 26 though, so I don't get it...)

I don't care about the Season 3, which really wasn't that good at all (IMO at least). But I really want the Vol. 2 to come out!

*crosses her fingers for Volume 2 to be released*

Hope to talk to you all soon!

Clara

Don't forget BlueRay

LadyKayoss said:
That's a shame about Murphy Brown; I really wanted to get the seasons that had Peter Hunt in them!

Let's not be too hasty though. :wavey

Don't forget that the new DVD player called BlueRAY will be out soon. Purhaps they might bring back the Murphy Brown seasons with that, though BlueRay won't play our regular DVDs.

Clara5 said:
I know how this feels...

I sincerely hope they release Season 2 - Volume 2 of Gargoyes, but due to lower-than-expected sales of the Volume 1, they might not even release it :(

It's really too bad because Season 1 sold really well (guess why? it was cheaper! There were only 13 eps compared to s2 vol. 1, which had 26 though, so I don't get it...)

I don't care about the Season 3, which really wasn't that good at all (IMO at least). But I really want the Vol. 2 to come out!

Clara

YOur not the only one who wants Gargoyles S2 V2 released. Gargoyles (well S1 and S2 anyway) is one of those animated series that was well made.

BluRay is a new type of DVD that Sony is gonna put in the PS3, basically it can store tonnes of data because the laser in the player is far smaller and can see tiny spaces overlooked by standard DVD players, so you could get a whole 24 episode season of a TV show like QL on about 2 discs instead of 6(R2) or 3 double sided(R1). I think it's HD compatible aswell..... I don't think it'll replace DVD's though, more of a 'Premium' choice.

Hope that helps:)

Jeremiah

I'm still bummed that they came out with season 1 of Jeremiah and not season 2. I wish I would have taped it.

Clara5 said:
I know how this feels...

Clara

Enterprise said:
BluRay is a new type of DVD that Sony is gonna put in the PS3, basically it can store tonnes of data because the laser in the player is far smaller and can see tiny spaces overlooked by standard DVD players, so you could get a whole 24 episode season of a TV show like QL on about 2 discs instead of 6(R2) or 3 double sided(R1). I think it's HD compatible aswell..... I don't think it'll replace DVD's though, more of a 'Premium' choice.

Hope that helps:)

They're nuts if they think I'm going to start replacing the DVD collection I've been building all these years. Ain't gonna happen any time soon!

Like Down Load Music

Personally, I think the entertainment world is really missing out on something. If each company (e.g. Paramount, Universal, Disney, etc.) had a site with their material in downloadable form, they'd make a killing. They could have TV shows from ALL eras, hit shows and the bombs (they are always good for trivia if nothing else) AND the really good stuff that weren't given time to become a hit show. People would pay by the episode or the movie. The cost would be competitive with what you find in stores today. You could even get a discount for "volume" purchases...(e.g. the entire run of MB rather than just the Scott ones.)

They are doing it with music. And people will STILL go out and buy the professionally done ones...

I think they would do the same with movies to get other things (e.g special features) like the interviews, trailers, etc.

Just a thought.

To a certain extent they are starting to do this. I know there's now quite a few TV series that you can purchase as downloads. I think it's done through Itunes. Off the top of my head two series that come to mind are "Lost" and "Prison Break". Those are just one's I've seen advertiment for (and it actually penetrated from short term memory to long term). There are others out there but which one's never did make it to my long term memory banks.

There's more info on it at Itunes website - http://www.apple.com/itunes/videos/

People will turn to bootleg copies if they really want a certain DVD badly enough. It may be illegal, but they honestly have my blessing if the studios out there won't release some of the future DVD sets because of low sales. Then again, never say never. The people who are selling the bootlegs, shouldn't be selling them, because it's the "selling for profit" that's illegal. Tell me if I'm wrong, please. They should instead be giving them away. $0.00 Maybe even 0.005= half a penny. :lol

And Helen(asearcher), good point! We are people, they are people, you thought of it, do the math. It all adds up to the fact that someday they WILL allow for the download for profit of TV shows to your very own computer. :)

Steve
RossBeckett