View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:22 AM   #248
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue enigma View Post
I get your point. I just don't agree 100% with it. The whole point of Sam being there was to change things so she would have a support system. As with many other leaps things got worse when Sam set them into motion before they got better. As we said, it might've been better had the purpose been the reconciliation and then the rest fell into place. But Sam often had instincts about what needed to be done on a leap, even when it didn't seem to make sense.
It still wasn't very fair to the father and the new wife, the way they were kind of coaxed into being that support.
Though apparently they'd come around to agreeing to support her it still wasn't their responsibility to be obligated to. It was asking them to fix her problem.
In the original timeline she'd have been on the streets with that baby unable to feed herself let alone! Thus her regret invalid and stupid! Before Sam there was no way she could have supported that baby.

You always have very well thought out viewpoints which I admire and respect Blue Enigma, this is no different and most of the time we happen to be on the same page but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue enigma View Post
I'm not just talking about his belief about adoption. I'm referring to a much more deep-rooted worldview and its subtleties that he brings to this leap.
Can you please elaborate?

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote