Killin' Time

• Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fair

• Poor

• Total voters
I noticed that one of the first times I watched this episode, and wondered what that was all about, until I read the cut portion of the script.

Good eye!

Thanx Al.
I had only noticed the bizzare appearence of a Gun in Stile's hands and read the scene here but not until tonight did I notice the knocked out officer.

Another great episode. I love when they show the Project facility. It's no longer just some glowing mountain somwhere in the desert. You learn some about the 'guts' of QL.

Thankfully, the world really isn't full of neon laced tunnels and buildings. :p (Las Vegas and Times Square don't count)

Watching this episode today, something occurred to me.

After Sam lets the little girl go, Gooshie tells Sam that he should be leaping. But I don't see why this would be the case, because in the original history, the little girl survived anyway. I know that she got caught in the shootout because Sam changed history, but if Sam had leapt then, nothing would have changed from what had originally happened before he leapt in...

I LOVE watching this episode! Even though I knew from reading on websites that Al and Sam never officially died, I was scared to DEATH when the guy Sam leaped into shot Al! I almost hypervenulated!!!

Security

Apparently security at the project is crap since Stiles so easily escaped from the complex! Not only that but when he comes back it seems as though he just walks right back in without any security following him! :lol

I agree,this is an excellent episode and one of the rare instances you get to see Als car,their future world and other areas of Project Quantum Leap. Plus Al was given a much greater role.

In the FAQ of this site we have this:

12. In "Killin' Time," where did Stiles get the gun from in the WR?

If you look carefully in the first scene with Stiles and Al in the Waiting Room, you can see an unconscious guard on the floor as Stiles and Al leave the WR. Apparently, the scene with Stiles knocking out the guard and taking his gun was filmed, and actually used in the NBC promos, but was cut from the airing for reasons of time. The gun did not leap with Stiles.
Side note: Sam has a gun in his hand when he leaps in; it is highly unlikely that Stiles was holding two guns when the leap occurred.

So I am wondering if anyone has a copy of this promo?

Apparently security at the project is crap since Stiles so easily escaped from the complex! Not only that but when he comes back it seems as though he just walks right back in without any security following him! :lol

Well Al followed him back in. And remember he gave orders for nobody to stop Stiles when he escaped.

After Sam lets the little girl go, Gooshie tells Sam that he should be leaping. But I don't see why this would be the case, because in the original history, the little girl survived anyway. I know that she got caught in the shootout because Sam changed history, but if Sam had leapt then, nothing would have changed from what had originally happened before he leapt in...

But remember, Sam didn't leap just by letting the girl go, he still had to prevent Stiles from getting killed and the sheriff from shooting Stiles. Gooshie is evidently not an experienced observer or Ziggy goofed. :p

He probably carried both, as for why he had the Glock, I would say to scare him, or take him down so that he could no longer run. There are places a person can take a bullet without dying like for example where Sam was shot in Leap Between the States. And Al being an admiral is expirenced enough with a gun to make sure he didn't get a lethal area.

Then why didn't someone shoot Stiles non-fatally or with the tranquilizer when he first came out of the waiting room?

Also, there was the whole "Stiles has to be in the waiting room thing." After all the leapees leap out of and back to the past, and Sam leaps from one past to the next, from any location, so why then when they're in the future they have to be in the waiting room?

Then why didn't someone shoot Stiles non-fatally or with the tranquilizer when he first came out of the waiting room?

Also, there was the whole "Stiles has to be in the waiting room thing." After all the leapees leap out of and back to the past, and Sam leaps from one past to the next, from any location, so why then when they're in the future they have to be in the waiting room?

Yeah it's not really explained why the leapee has to be in the Waiting Room. The first (and second time) Sam leaped, he was in the Accelerator. Sam and Al even switched places while Al was in the Imaging Chamber. So why wouldn't Sam be able to leap without Stiles in the Waiting Room?

Good point. Especially since if he leapt at that point, wouldn't he be leaving his hostage with a dangerous criminal?

But really great episode. I love the future scenes with Al playing the hero while Gooshie was the hologram. Donna's absence seems out of place. Wouldn't she be concerned with her "husband" on the loose?

But remember, Sam didn't leap just by letting the girl go, he still had to prevent Stiles from getting killed and the sheriff from shooting Stiles. Gooshie is evidently not an experienced observer or Ziggy goofed. :p

I don't think you understood what Gooshie meant though. The reason that Sam didn't leap is because Stiles wasn't in the Waiting Room. Gooshie meant that had Styles been there, Sam would have leapt...

Thankfully, the world really isn't full of neon laced tunnels and buildings. :p (Las Vegas and Times Square don't count)
The area where Styles meets the prostitute is really in downtown Los Angeles, and at least at that time much of the neon in the scene was really installed there, not just added set dressing.

I just thought of this the other day: How did they find Sam? They usually get the info from the Leapee but they didn't have the chance to do so this time because he escaped...

I just thought of this the other day: How did they find Sam? They usually get the info from the Leapee but they didn't have the chance to do so this time because he escaped...

I expect that by Season 5 the project had gotten to a much more advanced stage, where they are able to do a scan of Stiles' DNA upon leap-in to find out who he is. As in the original history, Stiles was killed when giving himself up, they must have been able to pick at least an upper bound on the time period that Sam was in, and then were able to do what they did in Mirror Image to scan and find him.