Revenge

• Total voters

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
Revenge of the Evil Leaper
September 16, 1987

Mallard Women's Correctional Facility, Mallard, Ohio

In the final "Evil Leaper" episode, Sam and Alia leap together into a women's prison where they are being accused of killing another inmate. In the search for Alia, Lothos leaps Zo? into the prison warden and she gets her own hologram by the name of Thames. Sam and Al struggle to mask Alia from the sensors of Lothos and must find a way to prove they didn't kill the inmate who was murdered.

Written by: Deborah Pratt
Directed by: Debbie Allen

Rate and comment on the final chapter of the "Evil Leaper" saga!

Last edited by a moderator:
Things get very interesting here where there's now 3 leapers. We will never know what became of Alia and Zoey. Read the virtual seasons to find out.

i loved this episode as well, when things really get caotic with the multiple leapers, and how dramatic the actress the portrayed Alia is when she is hypniotised and lives in Angel's mind. just as amazing as Scott in Shock Theature.

The chaos and the multiple leapers and holograms were what I didn't like about this episode. I can deal with the possibility that there are evil counterparts to Sam and Al, but Zoe suddenly becoming a leaper guided by yet another hologram (Thames) is too much of a good (or bad) thing.

I thought it would have been more interesting to have Sam leap with Alia and get trapped in Lothos' world. Then Al would have had to leap to save Sam, and we could have seen Sam have to do Lothos' evil against his will. Could have been a very interesting take on the storyline.

I didn't like how Alia leapt too soon... I thought that she and Zoey should have had a better face-off rather than Zoey shooting at Alia and Alia leaping away just in time...

I also thought that there should have been more episodes with Sam and Alia leaping together - leaping as a team they could have done twice as much to put right what's once gone wrong. They could have even leapt to destroy the Evil Project Quantum Leap... who knows???

Having said that, I still enjoyed this episode immensely.

My least favourite episode from the "Evil leaper" trilogy the acting was quite good,but i thought the episode itself was hmmm... Too "messy",and the truth is - i thought it was quite boring and a bit ridiculous.
one of my least favourite of the series and it would probably be in my last 10 of QL.
BTW Can some one tell me how could Alia see Thames?!

Last edited:
I ended up getting confused over who could see whom, and sort of gave up. I did like the prison guard's reaction: "I need a damn minute!" I use that all the time. If I could reach through the TV screen, I would slap Thames back to whatever dimension he came from. He was that annoying.

isz said:
My least favourite episode from the "Evil leaper" trilogy the acting was quite good,but i thought the episode itself was hmmm... Too "messy",and the truth is - i thought it was quite boring and a bit ridiculous.
one of my least favourite of the series and it would probably be in my last 10 of QL.

I agree. I detest this episode. I could follow who could see whom, but I thought the plot was a not-believable mess. Especially the ending. Al suddenly blurts out all this information, which Sam repeats, and people believe him. Huh? Alia disappears, and Al says, "Wherever she is, she's free." So how does Ziggy know that? Didn't work for me.

BTW Can some one tell me how could Alia see Thames?!

Oh... good question. Maybe because it's the same computer processing the data? They just happen to have compatible brainwaves? In Killing Time, Al couldn't see Gooshie when Gooshie was in the Imaging Chamber, although he could hear Gooshie. So I suppose it's not unreasonable that Alia could also see Thames. See, hear, what's the difference? :)

However, I really enjoy the outtakes from Revenge of the Evil Leaper. They're a hoot. Poor Scott looks totally confused, while Dean, trouper that he is, just keeps going, repeating his lines until the director realizes they have run out of script. It's on the website, check it out.

The way I see it is that Alia was connected to Zoey's branwaves. Zoey's brainwaves were connected to Thames'. Thus Alia's are connected to Thames' through Zoey. If Zoey hadn't been there she couldn't have seen him.

There are parts and concepts of this episode that I really enjoy such as the Hypnotism thing as I explained above but I really think they took the evil leapers way too far here by having Zoey become a leaper. I was really not into that idea. I agree completely with Naggindraggin they should have had Sam leap with her to make it more dramatic and keep Zoey as the hologram she is perfect as the hologram role. I very much detested her as a leaper.

The way I see it is that Alia was connected to Zoey's branwaves. Zoey's brainwaves were connected to Thames'. Thus Alia's are connected to Thames' through Zoey. If Zoey hadn't been there she couldn't have seen him.
That was my take on the science of it too.

Taking it a step further, because Sam had leapt with Alia they had crossed neurons (to use an Al-ism) and that's why Thames' incessant crowing kept attracting Sam's attention.

I'm not buying the turnaround time on sending out another evil leaper so effortlessly. Zoe did get a bit swiss-cheesed, but not as much as should have happened to a first-time leaper, IMO. 48% probability of return within 48 hours - betcha she never told Alia that statistic. Poor Alia kept trying to get back home and the odds were probably nil.

While I'm not a major fan of the Evil Leaper episodes, I liked this one. The hypnosis, the multiple leapers, and the nasty prison guards were all thought-provoking. I thought the nasty guard had killed the dead woman.

My kids had hoped that the holograms could see each other and have a verbal face off, which I agree could have been fun. They also wanted to draft Thames to the good side because he was loud and dressed funny, just like Al. They even went so far as to suggest a hologram for the holograms, like a sidekick, lol. I explained that SAM is Al's hologram partner, which distracted them long enough to finish the episode.

As always, Al's standup routine in the waiting room was intriguing, esp with such a sharp opponent. She was a smart, tough woman; very much a challenge for Al. They both handled the scenes well. I had never thought about it before, but it's true: some of the people Sam has lept into are better off in the waiting room than in their real-life situations that Sam now occupies. Eye-opening comment, that one.

I thought that Alia's leap was interesting because she lept blue-white, so (to our way of thinking) she was moved by the Good Force. The woman she lept into came back unharmed by the shotgun blast, which was even better.

We all cheered to see Zoe leap Red and Thames fritz out. Guess by that point, even the kids were fed up with the evil leapers, lol. Hope that "worse than death" awaits them, too.

I agree. I detest this episode. I could follow who could see whom, but I thought the plot was a not-believable mess. Especially the ending. Al suddenly blurts out all this information, which Sam repeats, and people believe him. Huh? Alia disappears, and Al says, "Wherever she is, she's free." So how does Ziggy know that? Didn't work for me.

A couple of possibilities come to mind. The first is that the instant the guard who helped them demanded they be handed over to the state troopers, history changed and when it did, Ziggy suddenly had access to all the information that wasn't available before. Al would have literally been reading information that Ziggy had only just been able to access due to a timeline divergence.

The other possibility is that when Alia sufddenly leapt, Liz's mind was no longer swiss cheese from 2 people leaping inot the waiting room at once, and was suddenly able to remember what she'd been told.

Either works.

A couple of possibilities come to mind. The first is that the instant the guard who helped them demanded they be handed over to the state troopers, history changed and when it did, Ziggy suddenly had access to all the information that wasn't available before. Al would have literally been reading information that Ziggy had only just been able to access due to a timeline divergence.

The other possibility is that when Alia sufddenly leapt, Liz's mind was no longer swiss cheese from 2 people leaping inot the waiting room at once, and was suddenly able to remember what she'd been told.

Either works.

I believe that Ziggy had the right information about the story situation in the usual way (I haven't watched this in a while, so I'm swiss-cheesing it myself). I wasn't questioning that. I just thought it was bad writing to blurt out all this vital plot information in a few moments so they could wrap up the episode before they ran out of time, rather than having the characters uncover the information through their actions in the story. Sam was supposed to be a desperate escaped convict, and I really doubt the troopers would believe anything he said. I don't know how Ziggy knows that Alia is "free." I don't see how Ziggy can get any information about Lothos or about someone who's probably dead (if I remember right), except to say that she's dead. So it just didn't work for me.

I believe that Ziggy had the right information about the story situation in the usual way (I haven't watched this in a while, so I'm swiss-cheesing it myself). I wasn't questioning that. I just thought it was bad writing to blurt out all this vital plot information in a few moments so they could wrap up the episode before they ran out of time, rather than having the characters uncover the information through their actions in the story. Sam was supposed to be a desperate escaped convict, and I really doubt the troopers would believe anything he said.

True, but the fact was she was the last person that saw Carol alive, and so there was enough there to suggest that an autopsy needed to be performed (it's a safe bet she died within a day of the leap). Furthermore, the Warden was known to have a history of getting it on with inmates, as suggested several times throughout the story.

Also I'm not sure that solving the mystery was Sam's goal, but rather, saving Alia.

I don't know how Ziggy knows that Alia is "free." I don't see how Ziggy can get any information about Lothos or about someone who's probably dead (if I remember right), except to say that she's dead. So it just didn't work for me.

Ziggy didn't have to- she would have observed the blue leap taking place as opposed to a red one, meaning that even though Lothos had a lock on her and by rights should have been able to leap her out, he couldn't- her self-sacrifice broke her free and sved her.

I just realised two new things when watching this episode again...

I had never really understood the significance of Zoey appearing in the vision Alia created while she was being hypnotised. Now I realise it's actually Zoey locking on to her brainwaves. They must have come verrrrrrry close to locking on to her.

Second - after Zoey has leapt into Myers, she says "for the sake of Science, I'll see how the other half live..." and while she was sabotaging "Liz's" chances of finding out the truth by cutting the 24 hours she had to ask the prisoners down to 16, I also now realise that she was planning to rape "Liz". From the candles and alcohol etc, it seems like Zoey was planning a "romantic" evening. It's interesting to see just how evil one leaper can be...

Wonder what would have happened if Sam had been captured by Lothos when he and Alia leapt together eh?

I just realised two new things when watching this episode again...

I had never really understood the significance of Zoey appearing in the vision Alia created while she was being hypnotised. Now I realise it's actually Zoey locking on to her brainwaves. They must have come verrrrrrry close to locking on to her.

Second - after Zoey has leapt into Myers, she says "for the sake of Science, I'll see how the other half live..." and while she was sabotaging "Liz's" chances of finding out the truth by cutting the 24 hours she had to ask the prisoners down to 16, I also now realise that she was planning to rape "Liz". From the candles and alcohol etc, it seems like Zoey was planning a "romantic" evening. It's interesting to see just how evil one leaper can be...

Wonder what would have happened if Sam had been captured by Lothos when he and Alia leapt together eh?

I just happened to watch this episode again and must say that's some great insight, because I don't think I would've ever come to those conclusions.

You're definitely right about the brainwaves, because later in the episode Thames explains to Zoey that they "were just getting a lock on her brainwaves when suddenly, she just...vanished."

Regarding Zoey's "for the sake of science" comment, I had always assumed she was going to perversely examine her male counterpart's reflection. Now it all makes sense when she later says, "I had such wonderful plans for us..."!

I just happened to watch this episode again and must say that's some great insight, because I don't think I would've ever come to those conclusions.

You're definitely right about the brainwaves, because later in the episode Thames explains to Zoey that they "were just getting a lock on her brainwaves when suddenly, she just...vanished."

Regarding Zoey's "for the sake of science" comment, I had always assumed she was going to perversely examine her male counterpart's reflection. Now it all makes sense when she later says, "I had such wonderful plans for us..."!

Curious that you say you wouldn't have come to those conclusions - I came to exactly those conclusions the first time I watched it. Just goes to show I've got that sort of mind I guess! :b

Taking it a step further, because Sam had leapt with Alia they had crossed neurons (to use an Al-ism) and that's why Thames' incessant crowing kept attracting Sam's attention.

Well, I don't think the fact that Sam took Alia with him had anything to do with he and Alia crossing neurons. All that happened is that Project Quantum Leap's technology overrode Lothos' technology and broke her free. They were never connected mentally.

I'm not buying the turnaround time on sending out another evil leaper so effortlessly. Zoe did get a bit swiss-cheesed, but not as much as should have happened to a first-time leaper, IMO. 48% probability of return within 48 hours - betcha she never told Alia that statistic. Poor Alia kept trying to get back home and the odds were probably nil.

Remember in "A Leap For Lisa" when Bingo (young Al) was leapt back into himself with a specific mission in mind? And also in "The Leap Back" when Sam leaped back to save Al's life and immediately knocked out Clifford? I believe that the Swiss-cheesing can be partially overcome if the leaper has a predetermined specific mission in mind before they leap. Alia, Sam, and even Al (in "The Leap Back") were the most Swiss-cheesed because they didn't know where they'd end up and had no mission in mind, unlike Zoey, who was hell-bent on getting revenge on Alia.

I thought that Alia's leap was interesting because she leapt blue-white, so (to our way of thinking) she was moved by the Good Force. The woman she lept into came back unharmed by the shotgun blast, which was even better.

I think it's safe to say that Alia now became a 'good' leaper just like Sam, since she was free of Lothos' technology and leapt by the same force that leaps Sam. In order for Alia to be truly free forever, Zoey had to have died so that no subsequent leaper or Lothos could ever connect to Alia's brainwaves again. Zoey was special because only she was connected to Alia's neurons and mesons.

I would say Alia leaps from place to place exactly like Sam, though with no holographic guide.

In regards to Alia being able to see Thames, both Alia's hypnosis and the fact that Sam hadn't yet touched Zoey to break through her counterpart's aura prevented Alia from seeing Zoey and Thames for most of the episode. After that, despite the fact that Alia was free from Lothos' technology, her neurons and mesons were still connected to Zoey's, thus allowing her to see Zoey, and, ultimately, Thames as well. However, I agree with what was said earlier that Zoey would be needed in order for her to see Thames, since she was linking all of them. Kill Zoey, and Thames would never be able to reach Alia.

Another interesting technicality is that whilst neither Alia nor Angel was hit by the shotgun blast since it passed through between leaps,

ShotgunLeap3.jpg

Zoey was shot and the fragmented bullet remained in her as she leapt out, because Meyers returned unharmed (no one seemed to notice this since the guard was preoccupied with Angel not being shot). This shows that the bullet was more or less now part of Zoey's DNA once she leapt out.

Also, keep in mind that Zoey's comment about the 48-hour window of time to get home before the percentage drops with each leap had not passed yet. So, Lothos' technology would've still been able to retrieve her at the time she got shot. Of course, since she was dying, her brainwaves were no doubt diminishing, thus Thames' connection became lost.

Clearly, Alia was always deceived about being able to get home so that she could have an incentive to keep completing Lothos' assignments.

I think it's safe to say that Alia now became a 'good' leaper just like Sam, since she was free of Lothos' technology and leapt by the same force that leaps Sam. In order for Alia to be truly free forever, Zoey had to have died so that no subsequent leaper or Lothos could ever connect to Alia's brainwaves again. Zoey was special because only she was connected to Alia's neurons and mesons.

I would say Alia leaps from place to place exactly like Sam, though with no holographic guide.

I actually had an idea for a fanfic regarding what happens to Alia.

I think that she actually will be leaping around putting right everything that SHE had put wrong under Lothos' orders, before ultimately destroying the Evil Project herself.

And as for her guide - does anyone remember Angelita???

Also, something else I thought of...

Since under hypnosis Alia was remembering parts of Angel's life... would that mean that Angel (in the Waiting Room) was remembering parts of Alia's life? What horrible memories she must have had to endure. Or would she just have been "empty" (for lack of a better term)...

Also, something else I thought of...

Since under hypnosis Alia was remembering parts of Angel's life... would that mean that Angel (in the Waiting Room) was remembering parts of Alia's life? What horrible memories she must have had to endure. Or would she just have been "empty" (for lack of a better term)...

It's definitely a two-way street, as "Lee Harvey Oswald" and "Return Of the Evil Leaper" proved, when the leapee absorbs just as much of Sam's memory as he does theirs.

And speaking of that, Warden Meyers was a serial rapist, known by the prison guards to rape some of the female convicts. So when Zoey had her "wonderful plans," was that because she was evil, was given that information of Meyers by Thames, or was it just a coincidence?

Probably a combination of both.

Her mind was probably merging with Meyers', which, when combined with her lecherous and evil ways, made raping the inmates seem like a "natural" Evil Leaper's Past Time...

Since Zoe was planning to rape "Liz", had Liz really been Liz, how would she have planned to do so, since she doesn't have a penis? Was she hoping that the aura of the penis would still be functional? Also, had it gotten to that point, and she touched Sam, thereby revealing his true self, do you think she still would have gone through with it?

I don't mean to double-post, can't edit...

Anyway, just wanted to say that the highlight of this episode is the scene in the Waiting Room. I enjoyed Liz's verbal face-off with Al, and she is right, she (and many other leapees) are much better off in the Waiting Room than where they were.

The catatonic Angel actually really upsets me, he appearance is short but does the job. She is obviously experiencing Alia's memories (since Alia has most of hers), and since the memory of all her evil deeds even upset Alia (like in Deliver Us From Evil when she says "I can't kill all those people again...") they must have been so traumatising for poor Angel who didn't have all the time Alia had to learn to live with them. Al was right that she would be fine when she leapt back, but this is probably what set Liz off, as Al was not very sympathetic...

Ugh, had about a half way done review going and my Macbook air froze on me so I lost the whole thing. It p***** me off but I'm ready to try this again.

This is my least favorite of the evil leaper trilogy; adding Zoey as a leaper took it too far in my opinion. Up until Sam pulls a screaming Alia out of what they called "The Box" is watchable but then with all these leapers and holograms competing with each other it essentially became a leaper Hunger Games. It took away from the QL atmosphere in my opinion.

Still there are aspects if this episode which were interesting. Once again we learn slightly more about the evil project and even meet a new character. The reveal that Zoey was intended to be their leaper but she'd appealed to them to send Alia to repay a favor was interesting but they should have elaborated. To only tell half that story made little sense like a professor assigning the second half of the book to read but not the first.

The notion to use hypnotism to cloak Alia from Lothos was very clever and opens up the possibility that for Sam to find a way to better control it so that he may intentionally tap into a leapee's mind. I however feel that when Al put the idea out there the reference he should have used is Dreams not Shock Theater. The leap in which Sam had actually literally been put into hypnosis and nearly falling victim to that sociopath psychiatrist. During that scene Al had mentioned barely being able to establish a lock on him. So in that way that could be a superior function that the evil project did not manage.

Lightning McQueenie's take that it had also effected Alia's leapee thus causing her condition in the waiting room is quite intelligent.
That indeed was one of the highlights of the episode, it absolutely amuses me how when Liz snaps at Al that "The waiting room doesn't tell me chip" he gets this priceless 'ok backing off' expression.
As for why he did not show sympathy for Angel, he was probably ignorant. He clearly saw her condition as a typical effect of leaping. He says as much when he tells Liz that "It's a bi-product of how you here."
Not to mention his sympathies seem to have to either be earned or hit home such as with Jimmy or Running for Honor.

This and the fact that she'd sent a bullet into her abusive husband thus ending up in the prison establishes Liz as one badass b****. Which brings me to Lightning McQueenie's other question regarding a planned rape. There is no way I'd buy the actual Meyers trying that on the actual Liz, she'd probably castrate him. As for Zoe in the role, though I never got the impression that she'd planned to rape Liz, yeah she'd knowingly rape Sam. She made a display of being attracted to him in Deliver Us... as no exception to her having a level of lecherous-ness which rivals Al's.
The first thing she said when she saw him was:
"Who is this tasty morsel?"

Returning to the hypnotism, lets look at the scene I mentioned as the last which is watchable for me, Alia in "The Box". This came across to me as a piece of Alia had come through with Angel's claustrophobia. Remember she'd been tortured after failing to kill Sam in Deliver Us.... Being chained to that wall may have triggered that memory. She'd been sobbing:
"I didn't do it." a statement that wasn't clear to Sam and Al.
Al even said at the beginning that at best she'd only absorbed a little bit of Angel's memory.
So that was pretty interesting and being a sucker for mush I liked seeing Sam comforting her when he'd gotten her out of those chains.

Also I noticed a line that may or may not be an error.
Somewhere near the beginning Zoey demands of Thames as a response to not being able to find Alia to talk to her leapee in their version of a waiting room called the Holding Chamber. To which Thames' response was:
"There's no one there."
I assume he simply wasn't counting Meyers but I feel the line still should have been more clear about that such as:
"Meyers is the only one there." or
"There's no one there but Meyers."

Then I've already discussed with Lightning McQueenie in his Interesting observations thread about the whole controversy over the shoot off at the end and theories of how a bullet had grazed the blue leap light over Alia and then produced a disoriented but psychically unharmed Angel. A similar event occurred with Zoey. The logic behind that is not clear but I wish there had been more exploring of it because I need it for the climax of my fanfic.

Over all about 3/5 stars.

Ugh, had about a half way done review going and my Macbook air froze on me so I lost the whole thing. It p***** me off but I'm ready to try this again.

I'm glad you did though, gives us so much to talk about! :D

This is my least favorite of the evil leaper trilogy; adding Zoey as a leaper took it too far in my opinion. Up until Sam pulls a screaming Alia out of what they called "The Box" is watchable but then with all these leapers and holograms competing with each other it essentially became a leaper Hunger Games. It took away from the QL atmosphere in my opinion.

I actually found it really interesting and entertaining, but yes you are right, not really QL-like...

Still there are aspects if this episode which were interesting. Once again we learn slightly more about the evil project and even meet a new character. The reveal that Zoey was intended to be their leaper but she'd appealed to them to send Alia to repay a favor was interesting but they should have elaborated. To only tell half that story made little sense like a professor assigning the second half of the book to read but not the first.

I get the feeling that the Evil Project would have been elaborated on in Season 6 had the show not been cancelled, so I can forgive them for that. But yes, I too would have loved this to be elaborated on.

The notion to use hypnotism to cloak Alia from Lothos was very clever and opens up the possibility that for Sam to find a way to better control it so that he may intentionally tap into a leapee's mind. I however feel that when Al put the idea out there the reference he should have used is Dreams not Shock Theater. The leap in which Sam had actually literally been put into hypnosis and nearly falling victim to that sociopath psychiatrist. During that scene Al had mentioned barely being able to establish a lock on him. So in that way that could be a superior function that the evil project did not manage.

100% agreed, they should have talked about the "Dreams" leap, but Shock Theatre fits too, as by Sam changing personas then, Al was losing the lock too, and by hypnotising Alia they were essentially changing her persona...

Lightning McQueenie's take that it had also effected Alia's leapee thus causing her condition in the waiting room is quite intelligent.
That indeed was one of the highlights of the episode, it absolutely amuses me how when Liz snaps at Al that "The waiting room doesn't tell me chip" he gets this priceless 'ok backing off' expression.
As for why he did not show sympathy for Angel, he was probably ignorant. He clearly saw her condition as a typical effect of leaping. He says as much when he tells Liz that "It's a bi-product of how you here."
Not to mention his sympathies seem to have to either be earned or hit home such as with Jimmy or Running for Honor.

Mind-merging is definitely a two-way street, as we saw in LHO when Oswald in the Waiting Room was able to recite String Theory, and later even took on Sam's persona.

This actually got me thinking - Angel in the Waiting Room should really have taken on Alia's persona. In fact, maybe Al could have even hypnotised her to make the memory transition easier on her. Doing this, he could have even had Angel (as Alia) tell him more about the Evil Project, including any weaknesses...

This and the fact that she'd sent a bullet into her abusive husband thus ending up in the prison establishes Liz as one badass b****. Which brings me to Lightning McQueenie's other question regarding a planned rape. There is no way I'd buy the actual Meyers trying that on the actual Liz, she'd probably castrate him. As for Zoe in the role, though I never got the impression that she'd planned to rape Liz, yeah she'd knowingly rape Sam. She made a display of being attracted to him in Deliver Us... as no exception to her having a level of lecherous-ness which rivals Al's.

But that's the thing though, "Myers" wasn't actually Myers at the time, and Zoe wouldn't have known (or cared) about how "Liz" would react.

In any other situation, I agree, Zoe would drug and rape Sam in a heartbeat, but in this case, she was so obsessed with revenge I'm sure she'd give her loins a rest for a leap :p

Returning to the hypnotism, lets look at the scene I mentioned as the last which is watchable for me, Alia in "The Box". This came across to me as a piece of Alia had come through with Angel's claustrophobia. Remember she'd been tortured after failing to kill Sam in Deliver Us.... Being chained to that wall may have triggered that memory. She'd been sobbing:
"I didn't do it." a statement that wasn't clear to Sam and Al.
Al even said at the beginning that at best she'd only absorbed a little bit of Angel's memory.
So that was pretty interesting and being a sucker for mush I liked seeing Sam comforting her when he'd gotten her out of those chains.

See I always thought that it was just Angel's claustrophobia coming through, but you have a point, part of Alia may have broken through. This may even explain why Lothos was able to get a lock on Alia in the box. It's just lucky that Vivian had already moved her.

As for the "I didn't do it" line, I just assumed that it was Angel coming through, saying that she didn't kill Carol. It would make sense, because later she tells Sam that Carol had said something to Liz earlier that night. This is what prompted Al to interrogate Liz in the Waiting Room...

Speaking of Vivian though, I loved her character, and her line "If I'm about to step into the Twilight Zone, I need a damn minute!" - it's especially funny if you realise that Carolyn Seymour (Zoe) was IN the Twilight Zone :p

Also I noticed a line that may or may not be an error.
Somewhere near the beginning Zoey demands of Thames as a response to not being able to find Alia to talk to her leapee in their version of a waiting room called the Holding Chamber. To which Thames' response was:
"There's no one there."
I assume he simply wasn't counting Meyers but I feel the line still should have been more clear about that such as:
"Meyers is the only one there." or
"There's no one there but Meyers."

I noticed this as well. Either Thames omitted Myers in the Holding Chamber because it was irrelevant, or they had checked before Zoe leapt and found it empty, and Zoe had just forgotten due to the partial swiss-cheesing of her memory.

Then I've already discussed with Lightning McQueenie in his Interesting observations thread about the whole controversy over the shoot off at the end and theories of how a bullet had grazed the blue leap light over Alia and then produced a disoriented but psychically unharmed Angel. A similar event occurred with Zoey. The logic behind that is not clear but I wish there had been more exploring of it because I need it for the climax of my fanfic.

Over all about 3/5 stars.

Whatever your take on the shooting incidents is, by all means use it in your fanfic. There really is no right or wrong. My opinion is that the bullet intended for Alia missed them both - just being absorbed by or passing through the empty aura in that split second where they were being switched out, and that the bullet intended for Zoe did in fact hit her and wound her. I personally think that Thames initiated her leap out (he was frantically pressing buttons on the handlink) to try and get her medical attention back at the project (it was within 48 hours so she should have been able to be retrieved). The bullet must have gone with her, because it didn't appear that there was an exit wound, and when the real Myers had returned, completely unharmed, the bullet had disappeared.

I personally really enjoy this episode and there is a lot to talk about, and I would have liked to see more of the Evil project storyline in future episodes had there been a chance. Shame it never came to pass...

As others have mentioned I liked that this episode explored the idea that some leapees were better off in the waiting room than in their own lives. Definitely accurate.

Beyond that I thought the episode was a hot mess and the worst in the Evil Leaper trilogy. The Evil Leapers weren't my favorite part of QL anyway and ties with the celebrity leaps as being the most shameless grab for ratings (in my opinion) but I find 'Deliver Us from Evil' and "Return of the Evil Leaper" to be at least watchable and there are things I like about them. I can't bring myself to sit all the way through this one after the first time through.

Which brings me to Lightning McQueenie's other question regarding a planned rape. There is no way I'd buy the actual Meyers trying that on the actual Liz, she'd probably castrate him. As for Zoe in the role, though I never got the impression that she'd planned to rape Liz, yeah she'd knowingly rape Sam. She made a display of being attracted to him in Deliver Us... as no exception to her having a level of lecherous-ness which rivals Al's.

Rape is really about power though. Even though Liz was a strong person Meyers was still in a position of power over her as far as the prison structure and raping her was a reinforcement of that power. And she would no doubt be painfully aware of that. She might've tried to fight back but it likely would've gone very badly for her.

Zoey was lecherous and she objectified men and specifically Sam, but she would also certainly be capable of, and would enjoy brutalizing and humiliating Sam or whoever too. She would very much be into the power trip.

Lightning McQueenie said:
I get the feeling that the Evil Project would have been elaborated on in Season 6 had the show not been cancelled

That would have been excellent, perhaps even reveal what happened to Alia when she'd leaped out of the prison. Or return Zoey as the new evil leaper.

As for the "I didn't do it" line, I just assumed that it was Angel coming through, saying that she didn't kill Carol. It would make sense, because later she tells Sam that Carol had said something to Liz earlier that night. This is what prompted Al to interrogate Liz in the Waiting Room..

True, this is something I as well have considered.

Lighting McQueenie said:
Speaking of Vivian though, I loved her character, and her line "If I'm about to step into the Twilight Zone, I need a damn minute!" - it's especially funny if you realise that Carolyn Seymour (Zoe) was IN the Twilight Zone :p

That was such a great line, I did enjoy Vivian.
I did not realize Carolyn Seymour was in The Twilight Zone, I've actually never watched it.

Whatever your take on the shooting incidents is, by all means use it in your fanfic. There really is no right or wrong. My opinion is that the bullet intended for Alia missed them both - just being absorbed by or passing through the empty aura in that split second where they were being switched out, and that the bullet intended for Zoe did in fact hit her and wound her. I personally think that Thames initiated her leap out (he was frantically pressing buttons on the handlink) to try and get her medical attention back at the project (it was within 48 hours so she should have been able to be retrieved). The bullet must have gone with her, because it didn't appear that there was an exit wound, and when the real Myers had returned, completely unharmed, the bullet had disappeared.

Actually I quite like this take, it makes perfect sense to me.
In my fanfic however it would have to work somewhere in between the outcomes of Alia and Zoey. That's all I shall reveal.

Beyond that I thought the episode was a hot mess and the worst in the Evil Leaper trilogy. The Evil Leapers weren't my favorite part of QL anyway and ties with the celebrity leaps as being the most shameless grab for ratings (in my opinion) but I find 'Deliver Us from Evil' and "Return of the Evil Leaper" to be at least watchable and there are things I like about them. I can't bring myself to sit all the way through this one after the first time through.

Exactly how I felt.

That would have been excellent, perhaps even reveal what happened to Alia when she'd leaped out of the prison. Or return Zoey as the new evil leaper.

I have no doubt they'd have brought back Carolyn Seymour as Zoe any chance they could :)

That was such a great line, I did enjoy Vivian.
I did not realize Carolyn Seymour was in The Twilight Zone, I've actually never watched it.

Apparently in the episode, called "Ye Gods", Carolyn Seymour plays a Fury who has broken Cupid's heart... Sounds very twilighty :p

Actually I quite like this take, it makes perfect sense to me.
In my fanfic however it would have to work somewhere in between the outcomes of Alia and Zoey. That's all I shall reveal.

I look forward to it :)

Exactly how I felt.

I would LOVE to see a Quantum Leap version of the Hunger Games :D