Ptah-Ho-Tep and Devil Al

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
Kristen and I have discussed this a lot but I didn't think to share it here until now. In the episode Curse of Ptah-Ho-Tep We thought that Al desplayed a lot of Devil Al and perhaps the episode was meant to be a return of the Devil thing.

1.) a series of deaths, and no one seemed to be responsibe not even the guy that turned out to be the bad guy. cuz he was most interested in the Ptah-Ho-Tep treasure rather than killing people.

2.) Al accused the main female of the episode, and seemed satisfied with it. Although I think he may have turned on the bad guy for a few seconds at least.

3.) and this one is just because we found it amusing in b-man since its not a mornal Al term, but he says Hinky in this episode too hehe.

There are also plenty of obvious signs that it was in fact the real Al of course like for one example his fear of being in the tumb, but from the little details above Kristen and I noticed that it seemed to appear as a potentially abandoned return of Devil Al plot. Just a thought, and It is a freaky coincedence kind of if you consiter. *shrug*

Comparison with King Tut

It more ways, it was a direct comparison with the opening of King Tut's tomb. In that "curse" (based mostly on the death of the financier), several people supposedly connected with the tomb opening died mysterious deaths. At least that is what was reported by the press which was wanting to sell newspapers so they "fudged" a little.

That's why Sam was constantly saying "It's not the curse." The ending, of course, was a little hokey but it was a good "ghost tale."

http://www.kingtut.org/about_the_exhibition/the_story_of_king_tut/the_curse_of_tut

Ok well whatever then, I was not trying to make a comparison though at least not in the sense you guys seem to see it as. I was simply saying that Al had some interesting behaviors in the ep that were not exactly Al but of course it was the real Al. Speaking of which Ziggysego perhaps you should read the bottem of the post again. ;)

I am not going to push it any farther though as there is no point when no one else sees what I see at least a little. Oh well at least I gave it a try, thanks for reading at least. Not every idea or view is accurate and/or popular.

Last edited:
cookiemom6067 said:
There's been speculation, of course, that "Devil Al" is the force behind Lothos and the Evil Leapers.

Go read my post in the boogiem*n thread in the review section where I make a post about just that. ;)

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Go read my post in the boogiem*n thread in the review section where I make a post about just that. ;)

C'mon, Sam Beckett Fan! It's my first week!!!! I can't read all the posts ever posted before!!!! I know my thoughts aren't that original......:baby

Particularly with this crowd.

OK, half-sarcastic rant over -

going to read referenced thread like a good li'l newbie.:baby

Aww I didn't mean it that way I am sorry. I just meant that I agree with you but didn't want to repeat myself so instead I just directed you to where I alrady touched on it.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Aww I didn't mean it that way I am sorry. I just meant that I agree with you but didn't want to repeat myself so instead I just directed you to where I alrady touched on it.

Not at all offended - just a bit of good natured leg-pulling.