View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #9
feldon30
Forum Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytrydr View Post
But I just have echoes of Enterprise. I waited the run of that show for him to be half the actor QL fans know he can be and he never did. I felt like he just didn't think the material was good enough (he would not have been wrong).
A thoroughly honest explanation for why Enterprise was such a trainwreck can be found in the shockingly candid interviews on the new Blu-Ray releases. They lay everything out on the table of what the producers WANTED Enterprise to be (the first season would take place ON EARTH with everything that led up to launching the ship), and how the Executives forced them to turn it into just another Star Trek show, copying and pasting everything they could from TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager.

It would have been a much better show had the producers been allowed to develop the show without network interference. At least in the final season, which some consider one of the finest seasons of any Star Trek show, they got to do a lot of "out there" ideas and take some risks.

It took a while for NCIS:LA to grow on me, but it still does not hold a candle to the original. Can't comment on NCIS:NO as I have yet to see the episode.