New member - Moonshadow

Greetings...
I'm Robin - aka Moonshadow. I'm an artist and writer from Texas, now living in Wisconsin.
Hobbies - Archery, comics (Yes, I have Innovation's Quantum Leap), being outdoors when its not so cold that you don't open your mouth for fear of it freezing your gums, swimming, and too many others to mention here.
The rest, to quote Sci fi author Anne McCaffrey, is subject to change without notice...anything else you want to know about me, just ask.
Also, a hello to Samantha Beckett - I saw on one of your posts you're from the Austin area. Howdy from a fellow Texan...I'm from the Dallas area originally.
Check out my website in my signature (Assuming I set it up right).

Welcome! I haven't been here long, myself, but I've found that this is definately the place to be for QL fans.

They're just fun little titles that we earn as we post. Under 25 posts, and we're called 'PQL Visitors.' After that, we become 'Waiting Room Visitors,' then 'Imaging Chamber Technicians' at 50 posts, 'Control Room Technicians' at 100... and I don't know the sequence after that, since that's as far as I've gotten. They're not important, really.

Robin, I think that it?s great that you?ve done so much on your website. I went and looked at it but I didn?t get very in-depth in it because I was asked to hop off the net for another teacher. However, I think that it?s great that you have put so much time and energy into doing that. I know how difficult it is to manage reality with your passions for writing.

I didn?t put my name on the previous post and for that I apologize. I?m MJ -- aka Mar-Jayne. I?m the Virtual Seasons, Quantum Retribution and soon to be Starbright Project webmistress and producer. I?m the totally insane one that tries to do to much and am usually pulling my hair when my computer acts up. I just hope that I don't go bald anytime soon. ;)

As for the titles under the names, LadyKayoss is correct. It's a fun little thing for most of the people in the room. For several people, it's actually their title for the security of the website/messageboard. For example, you may see one that says PQL Security Staff like, Al's Place / TVS Administrator, Al's Place Bartender, Forum Technician -- those titles are the moderators, the Administration (Brian and myself) or the technical guru - Feldon. :) These are the people that you might want to look to if you have a problem with anything on the messageboard or the sites. Brian and myself try hard to keep Al's Place a friendly site.

If you have a question about anything - usually a post will get you an answer.

Glad that you are here, Robin. :wavey Have a wonderful day!

MJ

QL Damsel said:
Robin, I think that it?s great that you?ve done so much on your website. I went and looked at it but I didn?t get very in-depth in it because I was asked to hop off the net for another teacher. However, I think that it?s great that you have put so much time and energy into doing that. I know how difficult it is to manage reality with your passions for writing.

I didn?t put my name on the previous post and for that I apologize. I?m MJ -- aka Mar-Jayne. I?m the Virtual Seasons, Quantum Retribution and soon to be Starbright Project webmistress and producer. I?m the totally insane one that tries to do to much and am usually pulling my hair when my computer acts up. I just hope that I don't go bald anytime soon. ;)

As for the titles under the names, LadyKayoss is correct. It's a fun little thing for most of the people in the room. For several people, it's actually their title for the security of the website/messageboard. For example, you may see one that says PQL Security Staff like, Al's Place / TVS Administrator, Al's Place Bartender, Forum Technician -- those titles are the moderators, the Administration (Brian and myself) or the technical guru - Feldon. :) These are the people that you might want to look to if you have a problem with anything on the messageboard or the sites. Brian and myself try hard to keep Al's Place a friendly site.

If you have a question about anything - usually a post will get you an answer.

Glad that you are here, Robin. :wavey Have a wonderful day!

MJ

Thanks MJ, I appreciate the warm welcome...
For many years I likened my entire life to QL - I seemed to fall into these odd situations and have no clue what to do. I just played along until a clue decided to make itself known...makes for some interesting times.
The website....ahh...the website. The website is so many things for me...because art is more than just simly a hobby for me...its what I do. Some people play poker, some build cars, and so on...me - I draw.

I wanted to ask you about the QR project. I assume its based off the Evil Leapers story. How much of the info there is actually canon? I skimmed through portions of it. Its fantastic! You guys have really done some awesome work there. I look forward to reading more!

About Quantum Retribution

I wanted to ask you about the QR project. I assume its based off the Evil Leapers story. How much of the info there is actually canon? I skimmed through portions of it. Its fantastic! You guys have really done some awesome work there. I look forward to reading more!

Thank you for the kind remarks. I appreciate that so much. :) As for your question. Well....

How much of it is canon?

First and foremost, you are asking the person who tries to be based off canon. Quantum Retribution is a story based on the evil leapers and what we know of them in the Quantum Leap episodes that we've seen on the television. Quantum Retribution, in reality has those characters in it and then embellished them into a 3-D format. You now know about them more intimately.

Why they acted the way that they did? How was Lothos born? Who was Lothos? What did he do? How did he do it? Who works at Lothos' project and why are they there? You see it goes into the inner workings just like Al took you back into Project Quantum Leap and you got to see Ziggy's mainframe. You get to see everything else in that same manner on Quantum Retribution.

Things aren't always hunky-dory there either. Quantum Retribution is a mature-themed saga about how the "Evil Leapers" are made, retrieved, etc. Do we show the leaps that they do? We have showed several of the leaps that have connected to Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons.

If you start reading it now, you may get to the point to where we will be talking about some of the most newest information that is going to be told that continues to go along with The Virtual Seasons. Sometimes it's amazing to see what Eleiece Krawiec and I come up with. :heybaby

If you have any more questions for me regarding QR, just let me know. You can email me at: mjcogburn@hotmail.com However, please do realize that I'm about to go away on vacation for a week and I may not get back to you soon.

Thanks,
MJ

Welcome from across the Pond.
I'm a :wacko Brit, but mostly harmless and I can vouch for this being the coolest and simultaneously the hottest QL website out there.

leaper1 said:
Welcome from across the Pond.
I'm a :wacko Brit, but mostly harmless and I can vouch for this being the coolest and simultaneously the hottest QL website out there.

Exactly what I'd expect for a Brit - slightly wacko but mostly harmless...as long as you don't run for president of the galaxy or the universe. Speaking of universe - you hungry? I know this great little place...just down there at the end a piece... (Yes, I caught the reference...~smiles a large green sightless smile~)
But then again, you guys did give me at least two of my favorite shows - Robin of Sherwood and Neverwhere...
Thanks for the welcome.

Moonshadow said:
Apologies to Samantha - no disrespect intended, no offense intended...

:roflmao: Haha, no disrespect or offense taken Robin. It gave me a good giggle, I'm from Alabama myself...i'm only 2-3 states away, :lol

Welcome to the board, this place is the best! :D

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
:roflmao: Haha, no disrespect or offense taken Robin. It gave me a good giggle, I'm from Alabama myself...i'm only 2-3 states away, :lol

Welcome to the board, this place is the best! :D

Samantha Beckett

Must've gotten a couple wires crossed in my head somewhere...~L~ Don't know why i suddenly got so stuck on you being from Texas...

Anyway, thanks for the understanding...