View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donofrio_QLTD View Post
My favorite character was of course Jamie. I found her actually quite relatable and engaging. Maggie and her lawyer fiance were both very annoying and one-dimensional, and didn't like the ending at all. It seemed so rushed to me and quite conventional and predictable, even for QL standards, and there were times in this episode where it seemed that Sam was not written very well, either. I love the work of Beverly Bridges, even though she was not so regular, but for her first episode she started off just fine.
Yeah, I liked Jamie, too, and the girl who played her did a good job. With only a couple of exceptions I thought they did a good job casting kids throughout the series.

I agree that Maggie and her lawyer were one-dimensional, especially her lawyer, but I'm curious: what did you feel was off about Sam? I'll have to watch it again, but I don't remember getting that impression. There's one scene where he says something to Al about his mother that's kind of hitting below the belt -- is that the part you're talking about?