Whats Your Most Memorable Movie Villain?

angvav

Temporary Account
Sorry for the silly thread question here everyone - I'm just curious!

Whats your most memorable movie/tv villain?

I'd be very interested to see what acting people or lovers out there would have to say!

Who you like and why?

I like Snake Plissken from escape from new york. Why?

He is a goodie - with a twist.

The twist being that he is a villain!

His character is so complex! He is a villain doing good!

Wow!

:)

Hans Gruber from Die Hard.
Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
Severus Snape from Harry Potter (though, granted, he's more of an antagonist than an outright villain).

Of course, then again, I could be biased...

Joy

Well I do have another - but I'm not sure it would be appropriate to name him???

He was in a novel back in the 80's which was very controversial.

And a film was based on the novel about 10 years ago.

Name him, don't worry. I've mentioned controversial films/people in the past and nothing's happened to me. People in this forum seem to be very responsible, even kids.

Anyway, I'll mention mine eventually - I'm still thinking about it. I have so many, so it's not going to be an easy choice...

Ok cool banana's :)

Thers a couple I have in mind actually that are quite horrific villains:

- Eric Roberts (Julia Robert's brother) in a 1983 film called Star 80
- Patrick Bateman

My god they stand out for me - what they do is horrific to say the least!

Oh - the terminator - who can forget arnie?

Does it have to be a "villian", like a maniac bad guy, or just an antagonist in general? Like somebody who causes the main character grief, but is not really evil?

I've been thinking about this, and I'm sure I'll come up with more, but for now I gotta say

Hannibal Lecter!
Anthony Hopkins is very underrated IMHO

I've been thinking about this, and I'm sure I'll come up with more, but for now I gotta say

Hannibal Lecter!
Anthony Hopkins is very underrated IMHO

Lecter is a good pick--I think Hopkins is quite highly rated and he deserves it. I saw him play Hitler in a TV movie years ago and he just made my hair stand on end. He was terrifying!

Okay, I have one, but I'll post more soon:

It, from "Stephen King's It" (the movie with the scary, supernatural clown). Why? Simply because It is more than just a clown who eats people. It can turn into everything you're afraid of. It is all your fears, but not only that: It tricks you into thinking that he's something good, or light, and then, when you fall into its trap, he attacks you. It's kinda complex because he's not like any regular monster, he's completely psychological, something that lives in your mind, something that you can't beat physically. One of the best characters (and villains) Stephen King has created, and one of the best characters in the history of horror, in my opinion.

Mimi Bobeck of The Drew Carey Show. While she wasn't "evil", she did a lot to hamper Drew and make and always provided the opposition to most of his work-related endeavors. If you've seen the show, you'll know what I mean.

I'll go for an obvious one: Darth Vader. There just couldn't be a "most memorable movie villain" thread without him being mentioned.

Is Freddy Kruger of "Nightmare(s) on Elem's streeet" counts?

Why, sure it does!

Another one: Andre Linoge from the mini-series "Storm Of The Century". I ended up rooting for him.

I'll also mention one from our beloved Quantum Leap: Dr. Crane, from the episode "Dreams". Alan Scarfe is an amazing actor.

Edit: ...I almost forget about The B**gieman, of course. Not just Devil Al, but the whole character (which includes the evil goat, the letter, the dreamy illusion, the fear itself, the dark atmosphere, and even all his transformations).

Movie wise I'd have to say the Borg in Star Trek: First Contact. When I first saw the Borg as a small child they scared the daylights out of me and gave me night terrors. Even as an adult there are times when I go, "I want someone's hand to hold!"

TV show wise I'd say Dr. Arcane from Swamp Thing. He both scared me and yet I felt really bad for him. He was doing all of his evil actions for the wrong reasons. Had he turned good he could've done a great deal of good in the world.

I even remember that 1980's anti-drug comercial both the actors that Dr. Arcane and Swamp Thing did. I don't remember the year but I remember that comercial almost word for word.

Since Star Trek was brought up, how about the best Trek villain ever: Khan Noonian Singh from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Ricardo Montalban had such an onscreen presence. One of the few villains I ever wanted to actually win.

And speaking of villains with onscreen presence, I'd also have to pick Terence Stamp as General Zod in Superman II. If those two villains were able to team up, they'd be an unstoppable force of nature. *evil grin*

Damon

One of my favorites is John Travolta's character of Gabriel Shear in "Swordfish". He is just so cool. Just watch the beginning of the movie. He is having a calm chat over coffee. Then gets up to leave, walks out the door and has an entire Swat team aiming guns at his head. He orders them to move while holding up a detonator, Then walks across the street to the bank he is robbing like he is on a Sunday stroll without a care in the world.

Second place has to go to Cyrus the Virus from Con Air. I am sorry, But John Malcovich was awesome in that role. (Although, the best charecter in the movie is Steve Buschemi's "Marietta Mangler". He doesn't do anything in the movie that was evil, but he just was so funny, he stole the whole movie.

Then, Honorable Mention goes to any bad guy that Christopher Walken ever played. He is so good at playing a bad guy, I don't believe him when he plays a good guy.

If they ever make a proper movie of the Stand, they need to cast Christopher Walken as Randall Flagg!!!!!!

Tom the cat (40's, 50's and 60's versions; never liked any of the "modern" shows). Now, he's probably not a villain except in Jerry's eyes, but he needed to be mentioned. ;)

Another one would be Hollis Deitz, from the made-for-TV movie "Twilight Man". Actually, I feel indifferent about the film itself, but the villain (masterfully played by Dean Stockwell, by the way) was something else!

Oh here are some more good star trek ones:
Gul Dukat and Kai Winn from DS9
And the female changeling, and Weyoun, ... they're all great.
because they're not really villains from ther own point of view.

Great show.

When I was really really young...

Like, what, two years ago? :b :lol ;)

Anyway, back to the villain... how about a woman? Annie Wilkes from "Misery". Love her because she has a great sense of (crazy and dark) humor.

Another woman: Nicole Wallace (Olivia d'Abo), from "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". She's Detective Robert Goren's (Vincent D'onofrio) nemesis. Wow! No words.