Dean

I'm more bothered by the fact Donald&Scott would only be there on sunday. I hoped to meet Donald&Scott because there is something i wanted to give them,but unfortuntly i'll be on my way to NYC on Sunday noon.

I made sure I would be there for all 3 days just in case something like that happened. Flying in on Thursday and flying out on Monday.

Dean's absence is very disappointing. I hope he is ok. Without any details I wonder if its health related.

My Dad is almost exactly Dean's age, only 2 years younger. While he is in perfect health, there was a small scare recently. He was having dizzy spells, brief couple seconds were he did not know were he was! It turns out he has a birth defect in a heart valve. He had it his whole life and never knew about it. He is a 6th degree Blackbelt in Judo and active, still works part time. I guess it was just the slow stress of time that aggravated it. My Dad's ok - There is a way of monitoring his condition.

I hate to be a downer. We just don't know what is happening with Dean. The chance of this type of reunion of Scott, Dean, and Don ever happening again is unlikely. QL revival talks have stalled out. I had been seeing this Con on the 20th anniversary as a substitute for that.

Is there any chance that we could over speak phone call Dean during the Con? SO he could speak to the crowd.

Walter Koenig did it for a convention in Adelaide and it sounded just like he was in the room. Did a Q&A live, it was great.

Dean is probably on his deathbed. I hope him the best. If I would have known he was going to have bailed out on us, I probably would have sold my ticket...

Dean is probably on his deathbed. I hope him the best. If I would have known he was going to have bailed out on us, I probably would have sold my ticket...

I know I am not in charge BUT

That tone is completely uncalled for. You think he is on his "Deathbed" then you say he has bailed on us! So you expect him to attend the Convention even if he is deathly ill???? :rolleyes

Dean is probably on his deathbed.

Where do you get this information?
Do you have a reliable source?
Can you give it to us to see as well?

According to IMDB, he is now working (or finished working) on a new BSG episode (or is it a movie).... so he seems fine to me.
Also, I didn't find *any* news on his health or anything that would explain why he retired from the Con... so where do you come up with these stuff?

While we're not sure the actual reason and have not been told due to it being personal related, he's not sick. He's still working, so he's not ill. There is no reason to believe Dean even has a cold, much less dying.

I'll have to ask now that further comments about Dean's health not happen. He's not sick, he just can't make it for some personal reason. He tried - but couldn't make it. It's that simple, yet unfortunate.

PQC, there's still time to try and sell your ticket if you're so inclined. You have a front row seat - someone will buy it.

*putting my arm on Gooshie's shoulder*

PQC/Dan Goff:

Geez Gooshie, a little fart in the programming? I'm bummed about Al. Truly am...

I'm going to get hissed at the convention for this aren't I?

GOOSHIE:

Ziggy is keeping her mouth shut about the Admiral...unlike you...she knows better.

*PQC raising an eyebrow and scrunching his face*

GOOSHIE: Personally, I would lynch you...

I still plan on attending the convention. Travel plans are booked, plus I've never been to California. Maybe I will get time to seek out Dennis Wolfberg's grave too. I was watching Dennis's standup routine on YouTube. I love it when he bogs out his eyes.

Dennis is like a live action Simpsons character.

I will be pimping two Quantum Leap t-shirts at the convention. The black t-shirt I'm wearing on the alumni page and the navy/white ringer "Dr. Sam Beckett Stepped Into The Quantum Leap Accelerator And Vanished..." t-shirt from CafePress.

*Make sure to throw your pies accordingly ala the end of STAND UP*

:p

Dean Stockwell bailed on the podcast as well.

SOMEBODY CALL DENNIS HOPPER. HE'LL KNOW WHERE DEAN IS!!!

I participated in the chat room. Had four questions asked to Deborah.

CHA-CHING!!!

Yeah, I downloaded the Podcast. For some reason when playing in Winamp I'm having to use a Pitch/Tempo adjustment otherwise it is very slow and of low pitch.

Anyway, yeah that's just frustrating that Dean has suddenly become scarce in all of this. I really do hope he is OK.

My chatroom questions were:

ZIGGGYYY!!! (My shout out to Deborah Pratt.)

"Great legs doctor." (I quoted THE LEAP BACK. Deborah talked about the relationship between Sam and Ziggy.)

Goofy Quantum Leap scenarios. (Especially the 5th season. Great start, great ending...cheese in the middle.)

The evolution of the "leap" effect. (fading in and out, shooting stars to light streams)

So nobody knows the deal with Dean?

It's so weird because I dreamed about Sam and Al last night. Then came here and found this.

Ok, Dean was able to phone in and join in on the festivities. Others will perhaps be able to fill in details better, but he was somewhere there had recently been snow. :)

Scott, Don, and Dean chatted a bit over the loudspeakers and mic and then that was when I had to catch the Taxi to the airport.

Okay people, I realize some "leapers" have lives/jobs to get to and all, but why in the hell bust your *** to get to such a rare convention as Quantum Leap only to have to bail out during the main course/main event???

A friend a couple of rows back from the front said that her row was pretty much empty until Sunday. You mean people paid several hundred dollars just to attend one day???

I don't really understand the question.
Could you please explain what seems to be the problem?
Weren't there one day tickets to be bought ?
I don't know I couldn't make it.

Do you mean that there were people waiting for tickets and others 'blocked' them and then didn't use them?

I'd say if people payed for the whole weekend
and weren't there then they obviously have a reason for it.
(which would be none of our business anyway)

I bought my plane tickets before I knew the schedule. But I got to see Scott and Don for a while so I'm more than happy. I will just buy later tickets on Sunday next time. :) Hopefully there's a next time, if Don will either let Deborah do a movie, or do a new series himself. :)

Okay people, I realize some "leapers" have lives/jobs to get to and all, but why in the hell bust your *** to get to such a rare convention as Quantum Leap only to have to bail out during the main course/main event???

A friend a couple of rows back from the front said that her row was pretty much empty until Sunday. You mean people paid several hundred dollars just to attend one day???

Some people bought their plane tickets months ago, long before we knew that Sunday, not Saturday, would end up being the big day. I'm lucky that I couldn't get a good flight time on Sunday so I decided to stay until Monday anyway.

Re the empty rows, yes, I guess they did pay so much for one day! I was in the first gold row and half the seats were empty all weekend, until people suddenly appeared on Sunday afternoon. Either they're LA locals or they're crazy to travel all that way just to see Scott's appearance and ditch the rest. I mean, just my opinion. :p I was wondering why there were so many empty seats, because I thought people had paid for those tickets and then didn't bother to show up at all. But I was glad that we were able to present a full house when the Big Guys showed up on Sunday.

The Biggest Pay Per Views Are Always On Sunday.

Some people bought their plane tickets months ago, long before we knew that Sunday, not Saturday, would end up being the big day. I'm lucky that I couldn't get a good flight time on Sunday so I decided to stay until Monday anyway.

Re the empty rows, yes, I guess they did pay so much for one day! I was in the first gold row and half the seats were empty all weekend, until people suddenly appeared on Sunday afternoon. Either they're LA locals or they're crazy to travel all that way just to see Scott's appearance and ditch the rest. I mean, just my opinion. :p I was wondering why there were so many empty seats, because I thought people had paid for those tickets and then didn't bother to show up at all. But I was glad that we were able to present a full house when the Big Guys showed up on Sunday.

I'm a pro wrestling fan and if there's anything I learned...is that the biggest pay-per-views are always on Sunday.

The woman who dressed up as Beth Calavicci in the Costume Contest was a local. She lived 10 minutes away from the BG Holiday Inn. Lucky girl.

I sort of had a crush on her. She gave me a Back to the Future comic book too.