Quantum leap books question?

Good luck! Some of them are hard to get your hands on.
You can say that again. It's taken me about 6 months to finally round up all of them (I think I have them all now, I have to check). The really sad thing is I at one point had them all when they were first released then decided about 2 years ago that I probably wasn't going to read them again and gave the away. Who knew 2 years later I'd rediscover and even deeper interest in QL and want to re-read the books. I will most definitely not be getting rid of them this time, though. It's taken far too much time and cost far too much to replace them all.

funny its never been hard for me, i remember for my firstQL book, Carney Knowledge, i was the only one bidding so i won, and the same woth....umm, the beginning, i think, i forget, there was only one other one, and the rest i was able to buy right away without bidding. shrug.

jmoniz said:
You can say that again. It's taken me about 6 months to finally round up all of them (I think I have them all now, I have to check). The really sad thing is I at one point had them all when they were first released then decided about 2 years ago that I probably wasn't going to read them again and gave the away. Who knew 2 years later I'd rediscover and even deeper interest in QL and want to re-read the books. I will most definitely not be getting rid of them this time, though. It's taken far too much time and cost far too much to replace them all.

I made a similar decision; when I moved, I put a bunch of stuff in storage in my family's garage, including (I hope) my QL books, and forgot all about them. For three years, I never gave them any thought, until my interest in QL was revived when I got the DVDs. After practically tearing my apartment apart, I realized that the books aren't here, that they must be in storage, and I have no idea when I'll be able to get them.

That same attitude made me decide not to buy Song and Dance and Mirror's Edge when they came out and were normally priced. I regret that decision now.

LadyKayoss said:
I made a similar decision; when I moved, I put a bunch of stuff in storage in my family's garage, including (I hope) my QL books, and forgot all about them. For three years, I never gave them any thought, until my interest in QL was revived when I got the DVDs. After practically tearing my apartment apart, I realized that the books aren't here, that they must be in storage, and I have no idea when I'll be able to get them.

That same attitude made me decide not to buy Song and Dance and Mirror's Edge when they came out and were normally priced. I regret that decision now.

Well, at least you have the hope that you still have them in storage. It took ripping all of the bookcases in my room and the living room apart before I finally remembered giving them away. The only two that had survived was my sister's copies of "Independence" and "Mirror's Edge" (which I've now taken possession of). It's hard to believe at one point there'd been two complete sets of them in the house and now I've had to do the "used bookstore" route to get them all again. I think what I paid in S&H alone is probably what I'd originally invested when I first bought them. Oh well, live and learn I guess. You know the next time I'm tempted to give books away I'll think twice.

Here are my choices:

1. Pulitzer
2. Angels Unaware
3. Knights of the Morningstar

Those were the best. There were a few other ones that were good. I liked Too Close for Comfort and Odyssey.

And I agree with those that said Search and Rescue was dreadful.

Well, it seems like the general favorite of the community is Pulitzer. That was a good one, I recall - though I think I rushed through it so now I have to read it again (darn). ^.^

I bought all of my books when they first were released. I came in to the fandom just in time - when Preludes could still be bought new on the shelf, but only barely. That used to be my favorite, before Pulitzer and Angels came out. I, too, had eventually lost interest in QL, though I had common sense. Right around when Mirror's Edge just came out, I decided to buy it anyway. Ended up in a box, unread. I have the whole collection still in the same box. I had given it to a friend, who had kindly given it all back to me when I moved back to CA. Good friend.

Pulitzer is the best, right next to Angels. Angels is a little depressing. I liked Preludes 'cause it was about Sam and Al before they were leaping and I like their friendship - though Ashley McConnell made Al kind of a dumb soldier type. I much prefer Laurie Slicer's rendition of him - genius to almost rival Sam. Almost.

Search and Rescue? Yeah, I just reread the end. 'Cause it's touching - no pun intended.

Mirror's Edge I'm reading right now. It's . . . okay, I guess. Carol Davis is really wordy though. I wonder if she was afraid she might not fill the word quota or something . . . Not looking forward to the end. It's supposed to be the leap before Mirror Image - and we all know what happened there. Death to Universal Executives! It's time for Hostile QL Fandom take over! Or - maybe not so hostile.

And stupid stupid Fox people canceling Firefly!

k - I'm done.

I enjoyed "Prelude" which was kind of a prequel story about how Sam and Al set up Project QL. The book ends with Sam stepping into the accelerator. I think McConnell wrote that one. It was a good story, but I do remember a few continuity mistakes...

I also read "Carny Knowledge", "Too Close For Comfort", "The Wall", "The Beginning", "The Ghost And The Gumshoe", "Knights Of The Morning Star", and I think I started to read "Pulitzer" but got bored of it.
My memory on these are a little vague, I read these well over ten years ago. Well over. I must have been about 14, 15.

Mirror's Edge was so confusing I wrote the author. She wrote on Trudy's Scott Bakula fan forum once. I asked her so many questions I think she hates me. It's so confusing. I had to reread it and still cried. I never stop crying perusing them again. I miss Quantum Leap so much.

If it makes you feel better, you aren't the only one confused by Mirror's Edge. And from what I've heard, the author gets a bit defensive about poor reviews.

Quantum leap books question?

LadyKayoss said:
the author gets a bit defensive about poor reviews.

I do too. I'm a fellow writer. I just hope if I do post my post (no pun is intended) MI story outline...no one will kill me. I write mostly poems, and people wonder why I don't write stories. That's why. It's because of people like myself. We get easily emotional.

laestrella said:
I do too. I'm a fellow writer. I just hope if I do post my post (no pun is intended) MI story outline...no one will kill me. I write mostly poems, and people wonder why I don't write stories. That's why. It's because of people like myself. We get easily emotional.

Well, yeah... everybody gets defensive sometimes. I mean, I've been guilty of it, myself. But some people are more defensive than others. You said you questioned Davis, and that she probably hates you for it, right? That seems a bit too defensive. I don't mind questions, and have even fixed errors as a result of fans pointing them out. But some people just don't listen...

Hi all. I'm having a life clean out and sadly this includes my Quantum Leap Novels. I have pretty much all of them including the original Beginning and Ghost and the Gumshoe from their first printing in 1990. I would really like them to go to a good home so if you want to make me an offer. PM if you want a title and i'll see.

I read the first couple of books but never got round to the others. I kept buying them just because I was a huge fan and proudly displayed them.