Are there still Quantum Leap conventions?

The someday man

Hey I'm in KY too, what part are you in, I live in Jefferson County pretty close to
Indiana... Sam Becket country

I would love to meet up with others... it's like Damon said earlier... money and the way to get there... being a teacher... if it was during the school time, etc., I wouldn't be able to go... *sighs*

But I'd love to do SOMETHING.... one of these days.

Helen, that's very thorough of you, and that certainly would appear to be a centrally most located spot. :)

I say I'm tired and loopy and shouldn't be wasting a reply to say this, but at your question I'm just getting a mental image of Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn asking,

What say you??

rotk1142.jpg

:lol:

asearcher said:
2 people in England
1 in Canada
2 in NY
Just making some minor corrections, because I know there a few people that have not posted on the board for quite a while (or if they do, not that frequently):
Helen (leaper1), Sue (SueJBakula) and Ruthie (wolvie_wench) all live in England, and I'm pretty sure there was someone else who was counted in the initial count of 2...so that would actually be 4 people in England...

Mike (MikeKraken), Clara (Clara5) and Aurora (AuroraMcPherson) are all in Canada, so that's 3 at least...

And there are 3 people in New York that I am aware of: Gelf (gelfling1220), Chris (QLNut), and myself... ;)

Speaking of meetings, Gelf and I have also met in person...twice. I believe that I am the only person who has seen her true identity... ;)

well, my state is cali, so LA would be ideal for me, becasue i am a 6 hour drive away. but i would fly out to indiana for Scott Bakula, anyday, especially cause i have yet in my life to venture to the east coast.:\

SamBeckettfann said:
but i would fly out to indiana for Scott Bakula, anyday, especially cause i have yet in my life to venture to the east coast.:\

Heh, that's exactly how it is for me with the West Coast. I've always wanted to go out to California. The only places I've ever been were Florida and St. Thomas, and I'm really sick and tired of going to Florida (family lives there so I go from time to time). I would of course be down for a meeting anywhere within a reasonable distance. And I have no idea what to qualify as a "reasonable distance" so... I really need to take vacations to new places, but being so unbelievably stressed with school and being broke doesn't help the situation.

QL Nut said:
Heh, that's exactly how it is for me with the West Coast. I've always wanted to go out to California. The only places I've ever been were Florida and St. Thomas, and I'm really sick and tired of going to Florida (family lives there so I go from time to time). I would of course be down for a meeting anywhere within a reasonable distance. And I have no idea what to qualify as a "reasonable distance" so... I really need to take vacations to new places, but being so unbelievably stressed with school and being broke doesn't help the situation.

i have only been to Seattle, Reno and Santa Fe, so thats all still on the west coast, and even when i was in canada it was still on the west coast.

Well, a gathering would be a neat idea, but I'm already spending all my budget going to visit Mike this summer, so unless you organize this when I'm rich and all, I guess I just won't be able to do it... Montreal is a lot more North than London, Ontario... but it just so happens that I bought a webcam, so maybe I could be there that way!

Clara

SamBeckettfann said:
i have only been to Seattle, Reno and Santa Fe, so thats all still on the west coast, and even when i was in canada it was still on the west coast.

I left out Niagra Falls, Canada, actually. But that's still on the East Coast for me.

Anyway, if we're all unable to ever organize a gathering, webcams seem like the perfect solution. Also, at least this way our members in the U.K. (or any other part of the world) won't have to feel left out in any way. At least it will be one step ahead of the ordinary chats we have from time to time. Plus, obviously it's the option that's the most likely to gather the most people. All I have to do is actually buy one, though. :b

asearcher said:
However (light bulb flashes on)...if we do webcams I guess it could be somewhat of a possibility (Ziggy says maybe 5%) to get someone there virtually (which would be really cool actually...sort of like Al's hologram). Just don't know how likely that would be at this point, but we could certainly explore the possibilities!

It's too bad we won't have the funds to afford a Teleportec Hologram Video Conferencing set.

http://www.teleportec.com/

It would be SO cool to have Dean Stockwell "visit" our meets via a 3D hologram communication system...

Scott's used a Teleportec once:

http://www.teleportec.com/news_scotty.html

Joy

Kentuckiana

I think as I said above Indiana would be perfect atleast for me since I live in the Kentuckiana area and Indiana of course is Sams home!!!! You got my vote on that!!!!!!!

Virtual attendance

The idea of joining y'all via webcam is extremely appealing.
Unfortunately, I don't have one at home, and being a mac user, it is not quite so straightforward to get one. I'd have to get a special one to use with i-sight I believe, and an adapter to get a mike to work to chat to ya.
I have access to a webcam on my computer at work - heck I have access to a ?5000 video conferencing kit that is kept in the ILC where I work! and the time differential would probably make work hours more likely for a hook up anyway - I'm just not sure what my bosses would say!!! (Hmmm, thinks, thinks, taps side of head - how could I sell this as an educational undertaking? How do you all feel about a class full of gatecrashers? :hmm )
In any case, whether I could join you or not - I wish you all well in your endeavours to meet. I shall be with you in spirit.

In Response

Someone from Jefferson County asked about my location in Kentucky. Sorry it took so long to respond. I'm in Daviess County, though I'm originally from Breckinridge County.

I hope we can make this work someday, everyone! It'd be nice to finally meet you all.

In Peace,
Shane

If someone organized a gathering, maybe someone from the show could be persuaded to record a message for the group or a least write a letter answering some questions? I agree that it would take quite a bit of money to get someone from the show to attend. It would take at least paying travel and boarding costs.