View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
I am aware that the novels are not cannon which is why I am careful to reference their content with proceeding terms such as "the explanation the novel Mirror's Edge offers". I highly recommend it by the way, it's one of my favorites and in my opinion very well written.
Knights Of the Morningstar is another which portrays Donna very well and has a good over all storyline.
Knights of the Morningstar is a good one. I'm not a big fan of the evil leapers but Rawn handled them well, as well as the rest of the QL universe, and she's a very good writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post
Another question has nagged at me. Though Sam is of course not one who frequently had sexual relationships with the people he was involved with in leaps, hypothetically for a moment lets say that he were to give in to his urges with another woman while in a woman aura. Would his partner be able to feel his 'thing' inside her? My guess is that she would since really it's no different than if he were to have sex with her with a male aura. His body is there no matter what. It's still interesting to think about though. What this really questions is how strong is the aura? How much does it actually effect?
Yeah, a lot of things really don't work if you look too closely, or you have to just assume that the rules of leaping constantly change. This quandry has occurred to me as well. In Liberation Sam couldn't get himself to kiss the leapee's husband. But if the situation had been two women then being a straight guy he'd probably have had no problem with it. Further complicating things: we know Sam can actually conceive a child in the body of a male leapee. My guess is he could still do so while leaping into a woman, since it is his body there, depending on the logistics though, which I won't get detailed about since this is a general audience forum. It could be an unexpected surprise for the leapee's partner all depending.